Yellow stripes on young plants, plus curling leaves

gamalan1

Hi,

I am new to this forum but have grown indoors/outdoors intermittently for years (with varying success).

I have two separate issues which might well be related:

1) I noticed one of the three plants (Sensi Hindu Kush Autos) has some odd yellow stripes on the leaves - Note the stripes arent repeated on each leaf, they seem random.

2) And all three plants have a tendency for the leafs to curl inwards a bit on the lateral sides of the leaves.

I am guessing its something to do with the nutrient balance.

Heres what I have done so far in terms of the plant setup:
  • Germinated the seeds approx 2.5 weeks ago.
  • Planted the seeds in small pots 2 weeks ago (using a 50/50 mix of cheap peat based potting compost mixed with some very rich compost from my compost bin, mostly from grass clippings).
  • I have the plants under a (genuine) 260w LED full spectrum grow light 18 hours on, 6 hours off.
  • I will grow all three plants to about 30cm, then ill move two outdoors and keep one in the grow cabinet to flower.
Note, I am doing this on the cheap. I dont have money or time for lots of expensive equipment, nutrients etc. I still hope to have reasonable success with a bare bones setup.

See subsequent post for photos, any tips from the Pros will be well appreciated :)

Here are photos of the two problems, on two plants (curling lateral leaves in the first pic, and yellow stripes in the second).

As I mentioned above, hopefully someone will recognise this issue and point me to a potential solution.

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_180032.jpg
    IMG_20200417_180032.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20200417_180023.jpg
    IMG_20200417_180023.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 134
You might benefit from an ACT (aerated compost tea) see if they dont grow out of it.

Not very green ....

ACT - compost in a water with an air stone overnight and water in. Toss extra in the outdoor garden or compost heap.

Like a cup of compost to a few gallons of water. If you dont have an air stone just stir it a few times and let it sit. Good enough.

The compost tea is a good idea or try and find a nute line that's inexpensive. I think no matter the budget, nutes are very important. You seem to have a nice light. That is giving her energy to grow now she just needs the nutrients to make it happen.

I use MegaCrop and their PK booster Bud Explosion with excellent results and the free sample will get you through an entire grow just pay shipping.

Here are photos of the two problems, on two plants (curling lateral leaves in the first pic, and yellow stripes in the second).

As I mentioned above, hopefully someone will recognise this issue and point me to a potential solution.
No matter the budget. SOIL is important. Just buy some happy frog soil or build your own soil using one of the tutorials here. Bottled Nutes are not vital but a solid soil is going to get you what you want. Soilless mix. Happy frog soil is the bomb. I barely use any nutes and my bud is top shelf

Back
Top Bottom