LeonardLunte

Soil: Biobizz light mix
Nutrients: Biobizz grow 1ml/L and Biobizz calmag .5ml/L. (The older plant gets 2ml/L grow)
150W Led (TS1000)
PH of water 6.8
Humdity is at 50-60%
I feed/water every 3or4 days or so 1Liter per plant. (Basically whenever the soil on the top is dry)

Hey, this is my first grow. I have 2 Royal dwarfs, one is about 26 days old and the other one is 18 days old. Ive had some trouble with the older one already (Leaf mutations and Cal/Mag deficiency) The calcium or magnesium deficiency (Im not sure which it is) seems to have stopped or atleast slowed down since Ive fed it with .5ml/L calmag once a week.
This is the one leaf that was hit by the deficiency:
_20200503_174408.JPG
I was told not to cut it off since then the deficiency will potentially just spread on other healthy leaves. And its also easier to monitor if its stopped I guess. I have since noticed some weird things happening with some of the other leaves of the 26days old plant tho:
_20200503_173229.JPG_20200503_173152.JPG
Yellow/brown tips on the lower leaves and cuts(?) in the leaves. Also some really tiny brown spots on another leaf, Im not sure if its the calcium/magnesium deficiency. Would be really helpful if someone knew what this is caused by. Other than that I think the plant looks pretty healthy and its growing fast lol. It just started to shoot pistils, so its at the beginning of flowering right now.

Ive been having trouble with yellow tips on the tops of both my plants. (Its only the upper leaves.) So logically I think it is light stress, 150w LED, I had the light at about 50cm so it made sense. I raised it up to 75cm now and I still seem to have the yellow tips, even though the yellow in the middle of the leaves is less. (Manufacturer recommends 45-60cm in veg.) At this point I think maybe I feed them to much nutrients? Could this be possible?
Tops with yellow tips:
_20200503_173356.JPG_20200503_173416.JPG

And last but not least I have now also noticed some weird white spots on the younger plant. The younger plant was always going really well (No mutations and perfect leaves etc.) the only thing was the yellow tips from the light stress (or potentially nutrient burn?) other than that nothing odd. I just now noticed some tiny white spots on one of the leaves and am somewhat worried:
_20200503_173310.JPG
Does someone know what this is? Thx

And as for the lower leaves losing there color. Take a look at where the leaf connects to the stem. I’ve noticed that the plant will outgrow its first few leaves like the stem grows so large that the fan leaves just fall off naturally. Example below
image.jpg

image.jpg

Thx for the replies. The two older leaves got really yellow now Im pretty certain its a N deficiency, I think something is wrong with my PH stick (I probably calibrated it wrong).
The yellow tips on the upper leaves are still the same, does it have to do with my ph too or am I simply giving them too much nutrients?
2ml/L Bio Grow
1ml/L Bio Bloom
.5ml/L Bio CalMag
and finally like 3 drops of ph- to get it to where my ph stick says 6.8. (even though i dont trust that thing anymore... lol
Updated pics etc.:

since mine is just 4 weeks I think its a bit early for it to already discard its lower leaves right?

It looks more like critter damage
I also dont think its critter damage even though some spots sort of look like it, but Im literally in the middle of a huge city and its a brand new grow tent, idk how any insects would get in there.

I also dont think its critter damage even though some spots sort of look like it, but Im literally in the middle of a huge city and its a brand new grow tent, idk how any insects would get in there.

Critters don't recognize the city limits. Often the critters will hitch a ride from the countryside on a potted plant. You've got folks growing flowers and vegetables throughout the city. Those gardens often have critters.

Critters don't recognize the city limits. Often the critters will hitch a ride from the countryside on a potted plant. You've got folks growing flowers and vegetables throughout the city. Those gardens often have critters.
Yes Yours right Im sorry. I just looked up some of that stuff and realized what I said was naive lol. I just checked the soil and under the leaves and couldnt find anything. Also the damage which looked like it may have come from critters didn't get noticeably more in the last few days. When I did some lst the other day I took out one of my plants while I was doing it I noticed a spider on the pot (u know the ones with the long thin legs and ball shaped torso, just normal tiny house spider) I wasn't sure if it was already on there in the tent or if it just got on there so I didn't think much of it. Do u think I it's possible that that spider nibbled on my plants leaves? But yeah as I said the damage that looked like it might have been done by some sort of insect didn't get more at all... Thx

Im encountering almost the exact issues with my plants. Look for the mites mate. I found mine. From what I can tell when you find them, they are essentially everywhere. I am taking evasive action. Pennywise , please bless me with knowledge of how to fight this battle!!???:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

neem oil, iso spray, safer's, and hotshots.
mites are generational so it takes to 2 - 3 wks to finish them thru the life cycle. combining two or more treatments will work best and generate positive results faster. hotshots are death from above, and controversial - use only if conditions are workable.

Thanks for the help guys. Trying to get hold of some neem oil now in lockdown. FFS. Had ludwigs so did some treatment with that.
Things often get worse before they get better. As I sadly expected, noticing the mites meant they had already got erry-where. In the morning, 3 more babes had red beasts on them. I put together a sick bay off to the side of the room and seperated all the girls. I only got back in the room late evening to find almost all the others with mites.

To combat: mixed ludwigs with some very luke warm water and chopped an old t-shirt to make small finger size clothes. Put the ladies in the sick bay. I then proceeded to wipe down the ladies leaves, top & bottom and sprayed a light ludwigs solution onto their topsoil. From there I put a fan over them to dry, before placing them back under the LED's for the night.

This morning all the ladies are looking well. I think I may have burnt some of the leaves aith the solution?? Is this possible. Perhaps the leaves were not dry enough before going back under lights. The tops of the affected leaves have a browning with almost black-ish edges. Looks like it got too close to a flame kind of.

Ladies all got water again today. Ive been told our local tap water is way up 7-10 on the ph scale so ive been collecting natural spring water and have started with this. Think i will start fertigating from mon/tues. Help and tips please. Hope everybody is blazing their way through this lockdown, if it is affecting you. And happy happy growing homies :rollit::Rasta:
Not gonna carry on with my thread on anothers. But im gonna come a knockin when i stumble over hurdles again. Please follow my grow room and tell me everything im missing. 1 love. Thank you guys. Happy highs and byes

Back
Top Bottom