yellow top green bottom help

roundstone

Hi my plants are turning yellow from the top working it's way down the plant
Any advice would be great plants are 3 weeks in to flower seem to have stop growing many thanks

Sounds like a nutrient lock out. Can you post pics?
What's your ph soil and water?
I'd flush the hell out of them but would like to see pictures first.

micronutrient stuff, calcium, magnesium sometimes iron or molibdenum. but you get the yellowing probably because you locked them out with too low too high PH or your root is blocked from absorbing them.

20150203_182244.jpg
20150203_182244.jpg
20150203_182220.jpg
20150203_182229.jpg
Hi hope you can see ok they are in a bubbler system some look ok k

Kinda rough with the hps glare. I'd start flushing your system out and give them some fresh h20 I'll get another member over here more familiar with that setup.

I'd use regular ph balanced water but I'm trying to get c526 over here. I'm a soil guy. Well now. Been a few years since I was hydro or anything similar.

I agree, flush with 5.8 pH'ed tap water if thats what you have, flush through the top of hydroton rocks 4-5 gallons or if it is rdwc just cycle through pH'ed water for an hour or two, then start back with a 1/2 strength of what you were using before, 5.8 pH nutrient solution...always pH after you mix nutes & supplements if any.

Sounds like Iron or Zinc from the description, hard to see anything from the hps in the pix.

What nutrients are you using?
what is your EC/ppm's?

Hi just changed water there is just plain water now with ph of 5.9 what would be a ec?
When I took the plants out there was nice new roots coming out the pot. Would this be from me dropping the ph from 7 to 6 two days ago?

Hi just changed water there is just plain water now with ph of 5.9 what would be a ec?
When I took the plants out there was nice new roots coming out the pot. Would this be from me dropping the ph from 7 to 6 two days ago?

If you didn't change anything else it would have to be the ph change by default. The ph determines what elements can be uptaken by the plant, if the ph is off some of the elements won't be available to the plant and that's when problems start.

what would be a ec?

EC stands for Electrical Conductivity, it is a measurement of ions in the water/nutrient water, when you add nutrients to water it changes the EC/ TDS (total dissolved solids) or PPM (parts per million), with an EC/TDS/PPM meter you can tell exactly how strong your nutrient solution is at the time of testing.

Knowing your pH, EC/TDS/PPM is really important to growing, so I would get a $15-$25 pH pen/meter and also get a $15-$25 TDS/PPM pen/meter and calibration solution for each.

If you get a TDS/PPM pen/meter it will most likely be on the .5 scale (Hanna). 500 ppm on the .5 scale (Hanna) is 1.0 on the EC scale, people use different measuring instruments, this chart helps people using different measuring devices to be able to see the difference in nutrient solution strength using different measuring devices.

EC-to-PPM.jpg

its hard to see with the hps ligt

but if your ph is running that high,it still has to come down. bubblers like to run 5.6 in veg and 5.8-5.9 in flower
from what I can see,zinc,iron,boron is missing,,,if you lock 1 out it has an effect on all of the macro/micro nutrients

mineralwheelsmall.jpg

phampnutrients1_zps548f1c82.jpg

Back
Top Bottom