yellow veins

Old head

Need help. My girls are developing bright yellow veins on the top leaves. Also I have noticed that more than area have smooth edges and only one leaf per stem. Is this nute deficiency,a mutation,a disease or what. Never have had this issue in the five years I've been doing this. Need help fast! Thanks.

Hey pictures would sure help, what stage are they in, how close are the lights and what type/wattage, also what nutes are you using. I couldn't find anything on this sites plant abuse charts about what you are describing but I'm committed to figure this out if you are! This is just a shot in the dark but one of the charts said if none of these, the plant may just have week genetics. I doubt this thought if you bought from reputable source... but just for the hell of it how many girls you got and what strains? Sorry if that is a lot of questions but I feel they are all relevant. While I'm at it what are your temps?
:Namaste: Brother

Hey Hydro. Actually the girls are.outdoors do I am using the natural light cycle. They are in 15 gallon nursery pots. Planted from seed in mid march. Using N P K from Natures own. Genetics are Strawberry cough x Amber rose x White witch obtained thru a trip to the Great white north. Temps in my region are already hitting high 90's to low 100's with about 40 - 60% humidity. Id like to be able to post pics but I guess I haven't hit that level on here yet. Ed Rosenthal book I read said it could be a zinc deficiancy I treated foliarly with epsom salts my regular nutes and a dose of bud candy to get some micro nutes in the mix. Gotta keep them healthy as they are my first attemt at breeding. Still can't figure out why the smooth leaves and single leaf stems though. Hight of each is about 4'6".

Sounds more like a Mg deficiency... I wonder if a soil drench w/E-salts would be more effective? I am pretty sure that E-salts does lil to nothing for zinc.
If indeed it is a zinc deficiency, flush/drench your soil with clean, pH'd water that contains about half the nutrients needed for the plant (including zinc, iron, and manganese). Watch to make sure that the problem starts to clear up on new growth within a couple of days.

Wow sounds like a very cool grow, and theres no better light than the big MH in the sky=) Mg def. starts at the bottom, so i don't think it would be that, but epsom salts are mostly magnesium and sulfer so you have it covered just incase. although the leaf margins suggest mg. if they aren't folding up like they are praying I really doubt it is. Zinc is a much better guess I've seen that yellow green striping on here does it look like this?
-
zinc.jpeg

Deficiencies appear as chlorosis in the inter-veinal areas of new leaves producing a banding appearance as seen in figure 18. This may be accompany reduction of leaf size and a shortening between internodes. Leaf margins are often distorted or wrinkled. Branch terminals of fruit will die back in severe cases.

Also gets locked out due to high pH. Zn, Fe, and Mn deficiencies often occur together, and are usually from a high pH. Don't overdo the micro-nutrients- lower the pH if that's the problem so the nutrients become available. Foliar feed if the plant looks real bad. Use chelated zinc. Zinc deficiency produces "little leaf" in many species, especially woody ones; the younger leaves are distinctly smaller than normal. Zinc defeciency may also produce "rosetting"; the stem fails to elongate behind the growing tip, so that the terminal leaves become tightly bunched.
-

looks like your foliar feed was a good idea according to this, make sure your ph is good and the nute your using contain enough Zn.

I don't mean to contradict you Kronic as your grows are very inspiring, and way past my experience. My profile picture is actually of one of your blackberries!(I hope you don't mind and I will take it off immediately if you do).
:Namaste:

I am honored friend!

I have to admit, I am lost w/o pics of the plant. That's why I suggested the PH flush and light full spectrum nute.

I believe you are probably right... :high-five:

Oldhead... here is a link that will show you how to upload and post your piccys M8"
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Back
Top Bottom