Yellow/wilted bottom fan leaves - Pictures inside

kimchikush

Hey folks, im on my first week of flowering my 2 girls.
the one on the right is showing yellow leaves from the bottom up, mostly fan leaves.
also i have a question regarding neem oil, i mix up a liter of the foliar spray, i have so much left over (does the neem go bad after mixed with dish wash soap?) (would i be making a new batch everytime i spray?)

IMG_46063.jpg
IMG_46073.jpg
IMG_46085.jpg

The yellowing leaves at the bottom just mean that they aren't getting enough nitrogen, and have to pull the nutrients from the old leaves. Cannabis needs some nitrogen during the first 2-3 weeks of flowering as it "stretches".

As for the neem oil - I still use a batch I mixed up months ago... I shake it every time I use it, and it smells fine too. Neem oil is a natural fungicide too, so I assume nothing too nasty can grow in the water. Why the added dish soap?

You can try gently giving your plant some form of N. Looks like your plants have much more growing to do so they can use some more. But in general it always almost happens at this stage and diffidently in the end. Nothing to be much worried about at these amounts.

Hey guys so i fed it a dose of grow big, and added half dose of big bloom. These things exploded in just a couple of days...
should i be worried about the yellowing from these pictures?
im growing dna florida gold and im wondering if this strain is a N whore?
IMG_46356.jpg
IMG_463810.jpg
IMG_46406.jpg

im assuming that the lower canopy is not getting enough light penetration due to the upper part getting bigger each day...
hmmm...

Looked like nitrogen deficiency at first, but looking at how dark green the other leaves are with the slightly burnt tips it could be nute locked caused by over feeding. AS long as the new growth is fine and the yellowing doesn't keep spreading up the plant then you should be good.

I don't see any nute burn? There is the fan leave in the middle with a yellowed tip, but it is just starting to get nutrients pulled from it and yellowing. I think you're plants look plenty healthy and this extra use of nitrogen/nutrients during/around the stretch is perfectly fine!

I don't see any nute burn? There is the fan leave in the middle with a yellowed tip, but it is just starting to get nutrients pulled from it and yellowing. I think you're plants look plenty healthy and this extra use of nitrogen/nutrients during/around the stretch is perfectly fine!
Agreed!

I was thinking Nitrogen deficiency at first look too, I just dont want him to dump a bunch of extra nutes in.
The leaf tips look like they are curling down which could be from over watering, or just them dying.. but it reminded me we dont know..

Feeding schedule?? What ferts, how often? how much?
was the dose of grow big, and added half dose of big bloom the one and only time they were fed?

The tops of the plants look very dark green and amazingly healthy, thats why I dont think he should add anything at this point. If it was a significant lack of nitrogen the whole plant would be lighter green. Also with that setup, how much light is even going to hit those bottom leaves? They are going to die it is normal. I think his nute schedule is right on, but it does not look like it is worth adding more nutes. Now if the yellow keeps spreading up the plant, and the leaves develop burnt tips then it will die off leaving burnt patches then it is a bit to much on the feeding. If that was the case then I suggest just watering it the next few rounds with extra water (no food) to drain out some of the salts. If the plants are not as dark as the first picture makes it look like, then yes more nutes it is.

Also does your thermometer say 86? that is getting a little on the high end so keep an eye on it. I have grown in apartment attics that hit 90 -100F and it ended fine but you should keep it around 78. Can you add more ventilation?

MrRudeSnowman: what do you think of 100% perlite grows?

Igotgreen: Im using fox farms trio, been feeding grow big for veg, switched up to 12/12 last week and thats when the plants started yellowing from the bottom due to the stretch, i feed (fertilize) every other watering. i water every 4-5 days (3 gallon pots).
as for temperature... the last week temps have been going up to 90 degrees... my temps are usually 75 off/ 80 lights on

heres a picture of the top canopy very dark green and stretching real nice.
and heres another picture of what i found below the canopy on top of the growing medium( soil )... Im assuming its because of no light penetration.. hmmm...
IMG_46653.jpg
IMG_46666.jpg

Igotgreen: Im using fox farms trio, been feeding grow big for veg, switched up to 12/12 last week and thats when the plants started yellowing from the bottom due to the stretch, i feed (fertilize) every other watering. i water every 4-5 days (3 gallon pots).
as for temperature... the last week temps have been going up to 90 degrees... my temps are usually 75 off/ 80 lights on

and heres another picture of what i found below the canopy on top of the growing medium( soil )... Im assuming its because of no light penetration.. hmmm...

100% perlite grows are perfectly fine! I grow "Hempy style" (75% perlite, 25% vermiculite) and have great results, along with many others. Straight perlite works fine too, but the vermiculite just helps retain a little more water. It's a bit messier though...

I'd say those bottom leaves dying are completely fine, and it's probably not due to poor light penetration, but it's possible. They probably just didn't get quite enough nitrogen, but will be perfectly fine and don't use much after the first 2-3 weeks of flowering. The color looks good and it's better to feed on the light side than too much!

It sounds like your temperatures are getting a little high, but the high temperatures will hurt you most in flowering, so if you can keep them down from here on out you should be well on your way to success.

Perlite grows or so called hempy buckets are the future. I am trying those this winter.

temps here in southern cal was about mid/high 90s this past week. going down to the mid 70s so im relieved :)
ill try and keep everyone updated :) thanks all for the responses.

Plants naturally cull leaves they no longer need. Mostly these will be lower, shaded leaves, tiny leaves that are overcrowded, esp if you have an exceedingly bushy plant that you have put to flower. When you switch over to 12/12, metabolic changes take place, and the plant stops producing leaves, and concentrates on producing flowers. It will suck nourishment from the leaves, and if they can't keep up with the plant's demands, the leaves will shrivel and die.

I generally trim any leaf that doesn't look perfectly healthy, just to avoid mold and fungus and to open up the interior of the plant to ventilation. A leaf is a one-time structure. Once it is damaged, it will not heal. Better to trim it off and avoid problems.

Im try to let the plant suck the nutrients out of the fan leaves, once they dried up i took them out.
heres an update pic
IMG_47093.jpg

/e its been exactly 9 days and i am shocked by the rate of growth by flipping to 12/12
again this is my first grow. completely amazed :)

Back
Top Bottom