Yellow

Justew

420 Member
Help I have 3 plants looking pretty poor- added lime to soil - had lots of rain but other plants doing well.
image.jpg

image.jpg

to help we need more info, container size, soil mix, what are you feeding her?

take a look at this please - How to ask for grow support

curious why you tweaked soil mix with lime? do you suspect soil maker got it wrong?

ultimately the color is off due to overwatering, roots can’t breathe in continuously wet soil. Gravity works so when top layer is dry - the bottom is still wet. So regardless of how water is applied the overwatering here occurs by not waiting for soil to dry out all the way to the bottom before more water is applied. For most soil types weed plants need to see the entire range of the wet dry cycle, right now they are getting the wet drenched cycle which can cause root rot etc

brb with link, every grower needs to read this article by 420 member Emilya - How to water potted plant

almost forgot - welcome aboard!

to help we need more info, container size, soil mix, what are you feeding her?

take a look at this please - How to ask for grow support

curious why you tweaked soil mix with lime? do you suspect soil maker got it wrong?

ultimately the color is off due to overwatering, roots can’t breathe in continuously wet soil. Gravity works so when top layer is dry - the bottom is still wet. So regardless of how water is applied the overwatering here occurs by not waiting for soil to dry out all the way to the bottom before more water is applied. For most soil types weed plants need to see the entire range of the wet dry cycle, right now they are getting the wet drenched cycle which can cause root rot etc

brb with link, every grower needs to read this article by 420 member Emilya - How to water potted plant

almost forgot - welcome aboard!
Thanks I think it is overwatered too with the rain -I added a pinch of lime. I haven’t gotten a ph meter yet -my 3rd year of growing and first time with issues. I have one in soil and 1 in coil. But out of quite a few plants done the same way -these 2 are giving me trouble . I’ll go get a ph meter.

Soil ph probes are not accurate, if you are worried about ph then get ph pen to adjust your liquids. To check soil ph requires slurry test with distilled water.

It helps to know container size, what kind of soil mix and how old the plant is???

Even without the answers to above I suspect she has used up most of the goodies in that soil mix, in addition to the overwatering

But the biggest problem is - the light color tells us she is hungry for nutes. Photons as in light is their food, nutes are their vitamin pills, soil gives some nutes but most here supplement with weed specific nutes like from our sponsor Geoflora, they make organic dry mix fert that you spoon on as top dress every 2 weeks and water in. There are 2 bags needed - one is for veg another for flower since nutrient ratios are different to match plants stage of growth. With this GF dry mix added to your soil you don’t even have to worry about ph, although to be fair your ph may be in the ditch from added lime

weed needs high N but low PK in veg cycle, in flower it needs little to no N but higher PK, yet it needs calcium & magnesium all the way thru, this is why most houseplant or lawn & garden type ferts do not work.

Back
Top Bottom