Yellowing leaves: Advice before action

Hey @bruno12345

Thanks for the explanation on RH, didn’t know it was relative to temperature. Learning new things every time I visit this forum, love it!
mad for the leaves, it’s definitely not progressing towards a more healthy state.. but at this time I can’t even distinguish what could be causing it, let alone how to treat it.
But maybe someone will chime in with some more tips.
for now I’m doing my best to keep the temp up and it is for sure having a positive effect on humidity (around 50%).
just holding out best I can so she can develop her flowers with as little trouble as possible.

cheers

Hey all,

Quick update on the wedding cake auto.
My original issue with the leaves had slowed down, but in the past day I’ve had more bad signs. Now the upper most leaves are getting spotted.

The water doesn’t dry out very fast, she’s not big enough to drink a lot of what I give her, and therefore I’m having trouble introducing more nutes.. not sure what I can do in this situation.

you guys have any ideas?

F73C289E-BDB2-4141-9EBB-149F09429CFD.jpeg

I’m gonna throw some crap at the wall maybe something sticks.

What you’ve got is a stunted autoflower she’s showing deficiency maybe rust too

Chicks don’t like to sit in a puddle. Can you raise the whole deal up in your tent or grow space - move your stuff like 8 or 10 inches above the floor? What kind of floor is under the grow space?

Get her jacked up above her drip pan, oven grate, grill grate etc also fan moving air underneath bag.

if your temps are low you should dial in 76 to 80. A small plant isn’t going to drink like a big one and you could pour 5 tons of nutes into her but it’s still a stunted plant

Ok I see 5 liters of soil, that’s only 1.3 gallons. Right here is limiting factor - for soil you need 3 gallons as a minimum for an auto. But for photo 5 to 10 gallons is ok but more is better.

it’s really late in the game and nothing is going to make her zoom but yes it would be nice if she greened up. Go cal-mag

Hey @013 ,

Thanks for the input. Yeah she was stunted from pretty much the get-go. She was showing signs early on of either a deficiency or an excess in what I thought might be nitrogen considering the curling down of the tips. I’ve been trying to deal with it for a while but the stress must have knocked her into flower early. She was only about 4 weeks old. I upsized the pot but it was already too late and turned out to be a bad idea because she’s not growing much anymore. The flowers are small but decent looking and last watering I added some calmag but Iike I said, I’m watering so little I can’t really get the nutes in fast enough.
She’s raised way up with an oven grill like you said, and I’ve got 2 fans on her. The floor is water resistant compressed wood with a plastic cover just under the plant plus the grill. The humidity in the grow space is at 50% generally and the temp between 23-25C. Shes not in a puddle, that’s for sure, but there’s definitely too much humidity in the soil to water again. Hopefully next watering will help her come around..

Hey @Bill284 @bluter @013 and @bruno12345 ,

I don’t want to beat a dead horse here, and hopefully not a dead plant but I just wanted to update you guys on how it’s been growing over here. Unfortunately I don’t have any good news of a remarkable recovery.. it seems to get worse by the week.
I’m very disappointed with the progression of things of course, but I remain hopeful that only at least get a couple little nugs off her to smoke! But anyway I’m sharing also to hopefully start a quick dialogue on what might have been the problem. I don’t understand anything anymore. But I’ll give you a little timeline of how things went.

Germination: paper towel. All things went well.

seedling : started low and stocky just the way we like’em.

Early veg: good growth, rather slow at first, as I mentioned I started using coffee grounds just to help N levels.
- early signs of yellowing and some burnt tips. It’s been about 3-4 weeks.

I decide to flush from fear of having introduced too much N and up-pot while I’m at it. The day after I realize she’s gone into flower.
Days go by and the yellowing stays the same. I managed to do her first real feed with BioBizz Bloom
Then I start seeing signs of a calmag deficiency with brown spots showing up. Next watering I use bloom again with calmag. No visible change.
Also I’m watering maybe once a week, she ain’t thirsty. But she’s still quite small about 28cm.
the buds grow at a snails pace and the spotting gets worse. Now I’m wondering if she’s in lockout... nothing seems to be working.
At the very least I hope to see the buds mature and be harvestable in the next couple of weeks. Maybe that’s already too much to ask for but I’m not expecting more than that in terms of quality or quantity. Anyway, your thoughts are welcome.
Thank you all already for the help and support you’ve given. I hope to smoke some in your honor soon.
Peace

4C3D61B5-56C3-4917-939C-59ED4C4CD6C5.jpeg

44C0BBCB-6834-470D-A66A-29ED9E5835DB.jpeg

C1AD6F41-1C93-4CCC-82A3-F65D08FB5506.jpeg

Hey @Bill284 @bluter @013 and @bruno12345 ,

I don’t want to beat a dead horse here, and hopefully not a dead plant but I just wanted to update you guys on how it’s been growing over here. Unfortunately I don’t have any good news of a remarkable recovery.. it seems to get worse by the week.
I’m very disappointed with the progression of things of course, but I remain hopeful that only at least get a couple little nugs off her to smoke! But anyway I’m sharing also to hopefully start a quick dialogue on what might have been the problem. I don’t understand anything anymore. But I’ll give you a little timeline of how things went.

Germination: paper towel. All things went well.

seedling : started low and stocky just the way we like’em.

Early veg: good growth, rather slow at first, as I mentioned I started using coffee grounds just to help N levels.
- early signs of yellowing and some burnt tips. It’s been about 3-4 weeks.

I decide to flush from fear of having introduced too much N and up-pot while I’m at it. The day after I realize she’s gone into flower.
Days go by and the yellowing stays the same. I managed to do her first real feed with BioBizz Bloom
Then I start seeing signs of a calmag deficiency with brown spots showing up. Next watering I use bloom again with calmag. No visible change.
Also I’m watering maybe once a week, she ain’t thirsty. But she’s still quite small about 28cm.
the buds grow at a snails pace and the spotting gets worse. Now I’m wondering if she’s in lockout... nothing seems to be working.
At the very least I hope to see the buds mature and be harvestable in the next couple of weeks. Maybe that’s already too much to ask for but I’m not expecting more than that in terms of quality or quantity. Anyway, your thoughts are welcome.
Thank you all already for the help and support you’ve given. I hope to smoke some in your honor soon.
Peace

4C3D61B5-56C3-4917-939C-59ED4C4CD6C5.jpeg

44C0BBCB-6834-470D-A66A-29ED9E5835DB.jpeg

C1AD6F41-1C93-4CCC-82A3-F65D08FB5506.jpeg
How are you determining when to water. Are you lifting pot. Letting it dry completely.
She is so hungry it makes me think she is locked out completely.
She isn't getting any nutrients. You flushed with ph water already did you do 3x the size of the pot. Something seems locked around roots preventing uptake.
After flushing you started feeding to no avail? I think you have somethings wrong in root zone. Do you have something like hydro guard or even kelp helps roots?
Bill

Can always count on you @Bill284 for a helpful response !

i have neither hydro guard nor kelp.. but I agrée with you that she’s probably locked out. I just wonder how it came to be in the first place since I was using so little nutes! Besides the coffee— if that even counts...
I’ll try to get a hold of some. Something tells me it’s too late, but I’m sure it’ll be helpful for a next grow!
what do you recommend??
peace

Can always count on you @Bill284 for a helpful response !

i have neither hydro guard nor kelp.. but I agrée with you that she’s probably locked out. I just wonder how it came to be in the first place since I was using so little nutes! Besides the coffee— if that even counts...
I’ll try to get a hold of some. Something tells me it’s too late, but I’m sure it’ll be helpful for a next grow!
what do you recommend??
peace
People have been having great success with @GeoFlora Nutrients some really good reviews. I'm not sure where you are . I just talked to them and they can get it to you in any of the states. Good stuff.
Keep trying with your problem child. I never give up. But I have space to deal with them.
Bill

Hello Ups!
Sorry to hear that things are gettting worst.
You know, the good things about badexperiences are that you get a chance in getting better.

Well, the transplant you gave them, in a healthy automatic plant is a risk, into a unhealthy auto plant is really bad to business.

Few things that could have happened.
1)Transplant shock (i know, this is obviously not the primary cause for these bad spots).

2) Nutrient imbalance - Well, as you said, you used coffee grounds, and now biobizz bloom and calmag

Im not familiar with biobizz nutes, but checked the composition and it is 1-2-2 NPK + enzymes and aminoacids.
The thing is. There isnt any micronutrients in the formula.

Although micronutrients are needed in very small portions, they are NEEDED for healthy grow.
You can study cannabis nutrition with Harley Smith nutrition videos on youtube, its very explicative about every nutrient, and for kelp and other amendments too.

Cal Mag are very important, but not only them! You have to give sulphur, manganese, iron, copper, zinc, etc.

There are 17 elements that are needed for healthy plant growing (many of them you got to supplement).

3) I dont know what substrate are you using, but pH imbalance could also cause lockouts.

4) Are by any chance you still overwatering?

How much bloom fert do you used? How do you know when it is time to water?

@Bill284 ahh I’m in Europe haha but I’ll check them out! Although I did just buy the biobizz but maybe other supplementary products. Thanks dude.

@bruno12345 hey dude! Thanks for all the info! So yeah, the transplant was the error of the century and I know it sounds like a lot of butés, but it has been in really small doses and frequency, but nevertheless it does seem to be locked out, UNLESS you’re right about the pH.. but that’s my next investment along with the tc meter. For now I keep the waters ph in check and that’s about the best I can do.
To tell when I should water, I stuck a meter in the soil permanently which helps a lot but she doesn’t even seem to be drinking a normal amount of water. As for quantity I generally put only 1L but the last watering I used 2L and only got a little runoff and used half the recommended amount of bloom.
Definitely going to check out those videos on nutrients! Sounds super interesting.

Thanks again guys!

the biobizz bloom is one part of a three part nute system. all three are fed to the plant throughout the grow. you are starving the plant if only using the bloom.

you need the grow and top max at the minimum. there are a number of other parts to make the system even more complete.

it also looks like it was over watered as well.

Hey @bluter ,

Yeah even though I haven’t been able to feed her much, I’ll be investing into some more complete nutes. What tells you she’s been overwatered? I’m going to make the next soil more drainable I think, but otherwise not sure how to know exactly how much to give.

Hey @bluter ,

Yeah even though I haven’t been able to feed her much, I’ll be investing into some more complete nutes. What tells you she’s been overwatered? I’m going to make the next soil more drainable I think, but otherwise not sure how to know exactly how much to give.
You have to let the pot dry out.
Lift it to feel the weight.
I asked you that? How you were determining how to water?
Watering practices ? Pot needs air aswell as water must dry right my friend.
Want a tutorial? :Namaste:
Bill

Back
Top Bottom