yellowing leaves during 4th week of flowering??

saxxon413

ok so everything "seems" to be ok,despite this being my first grow,i do know a little bit,for example ik that towards the end of flowering the leaves start to yellow,but mine is only in her 4th week of flowering,3 days she'll be going into her 5th week,i was wondering since the lower buds arent getting much light anyway,would it be a bad idea to trim off the few that are yellowing/dying? i got one pic,you can kind of see the leaves that are lighter in color,plz help ^-^

20131004_092846.jpg

Give her a little dose of notrogen.. sone worm casting topdressed or just some veg nutes with a higher N value. It wont hurt to cut them but the plant is pulling nutes from them because it isnt getting enough. They will yellow and fall off or pull off easily when they are ready. Plant looks good thpugh just a little hungry.

You don't have to increase the nitrogen you're feeding, it's not as important as P, or K in flower. The plant is pulling the nitrogen from the leaves, sending it to the buds, perfectly normal in flower, I just let mine fall off naturally. If you are fertilizing the plant, use a fertilizer with higher values of phosphate, and potassium. P, and K.

Sorry but I think nitrogen is essential throughout the plants life. Definitely smaller amounts during flower but it will green up your plant and keep the leaves on longer. Seeing as the leaves are the plants solar panels one might think they are beneficial.

Sorry but I think nitrogen is essential throughout the plants life. Definitely smaller amounts during flower but it will green up your plant and keep the leaves on longer. Seeing as the leaves are the plants solar panels one might think they are beneficial.

You are correct in a sense, it won't to feed N at this stage, I use a 2-6-4 bloom nute myself, but I would rather focus on the buds than the leaves at that point. I defoliate constantly throughout the grow, because of space limitations, so I know the plant does just fine even when it has very few "solar panels". There are many growers on this site who swear by the defol technique, and have great success using it.

I've defoliated plenty of times. I think it matures the lower buds faster so they are consistent with the tops, but overall yield is less because when you defoliate the plant starts pushing energy to new leaf regeneration.

What are you feeding her, and how often? She is still early in flower, so she will need to be fed, cana is right though, perfectly normal to lose the lower leaves in flower. Keep it simple, and let the plant tell you what it needs, it looks good so far, lots better than many I've seen on this site.

this is kinda like a "no nutes/newbie" situation,the purpose od this first grow is tomsee what i could do and what it took,i knew from the beginning that i wasnt gonna get much or the dankest shit ever,its just a trial run,im learning as i go along,i didnt wanna spend loads of cash buying all this stuff that i didnt know how to use,i am having alot of fun though,its a great learning expirience.

Back
Top Bottom