Yellowing leaves - Nitrogen deficiency?

BOFH

Strain: Jack47 Auto - a Hybrid between Jack Herer and AK47, 25% Indica, 75% Sativa
Stage: 1st week of Flowering
Beginning: seeds planted directly in soil on 15/03/2014
Medium:
- Veg/Flower: Soil mixed with perlite
Pots:
- Veg/Flower: 12 litre pots
Light:
- Flowering: 5x 25w 2700K CFLs + 2x 25w 6500K CFLs
Aircooled: Just a PC fan to keep some airflow
Room Temp: ranging between 25°C and 30°C
Watering:
- Veg/Flower: Once every 12 days (as soon as the soil is dry enough), maybe it's not enough (watered a total of three times, first time with 2.25l of pure water, second time 1.5l of water + 1ml of Bio Grow, last time 1.5l of water + 1.2ml Bio Grow + 1.2ml Bio Bloom

Here's the problem, 4 leaves from each plant have fallen at the moment. They first became yellow, then their tips started becoming brown, then they died.

The third set of fan leaves were already slightly yellow when I watered, and I thought that watering+nutes could solve the problem and heal those leaves.
I think it didn't work, and I don't know if I should worry about it or not since upper leaves seem unaffected.
Here's a picture of an "advanced" yellow leaf with a sane leaf for comparison:

IMG_5359_FIXED.JPG

I suspect I'm having a nitrogen deficiency, or more probably a nitrogen lockout due to high pH. My cheap pH meter is showing a value slightly higher than 7 but I can't be sure of its reliability.

I'm considering the idea to add some drops of lemon juice to my next watering to lower pH, do you think it's a good idea? If so, what is a safe amount of lemon juice I could start trying with?

Thanks for your support

P.S.: if you want more pictures or details just check my grow journal, it's in my signature

Back
Top Bottom