Yellowing leaves ?

grandpastoner

As a newbie grower (1st timer) I used Miracle Grow potting soil so the nutes are already in it. The seeds are fem white widows...I water with bottled water...grow cab temp is averaging 80 degress...and the lights are on 24/7. Everything was going great until about a day ago when I noticed yellowing on some of the leaves. I think I may have done something wrong. I have a heating pad under the babies...and I don't think I have over watered (I use the finger method to check). But as you can see in this pic, some leaves are turing yellowish.

rsz_family_pix_042.jpg

This one has yellow spots begining.

rsz_family_pix_043.jpg

Yet this one seems fine.

rsz_family_pix_044.jpg

Stems seem strong and sturdy...

rsz_family_pix_049.jpg

As you can see, ALL are getting the exact same amount of everything.

rsz_family_pix_040.jpg

I don't understand what is happening. Did I screw something up or harm my babies out of ignorance ? And if I did...can I fix it ? I am in panic mode now...HELP MY OLD ASS PLEASE !

:rollit:

prenuted soils like miracle grow suck! They are nuted for garden plants, not pot plants. babies have very fragile systems and need very little nutrient the first week or two. Those look like they might have a slight over ferting syndrome or too much fan to me. I would be using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil myself. Not that crappy miracle grow stuff. As for the fix...not sure what to tell you except to continue to water them. DO NOT add food for a week or week and a half. Watch the yellowing. If you have a fan on them have it blow at the tops of the plants between the lights and the plants.

PS. Those tube floros your using burn hotter near the ends. Keep all plants near the middle to avoid hotter than normal spots

So bottom line...they aren't dying on me ? I'm really not ready for a funeral.
:cheesygrinsmiley: Not yet....you have a little working time in soil. It's hydro that requires immediate action. It looks like a dried out or over cooked area. What over cooked it is a question. Could be lights, could be too much wind or even too much nutrient.

I would just like to mention something about "feminized seeds"....I would not waste my time with these seeds. They are more expensive, and through experience.......I've learned that these seeds produce mainly hermapherdite plants. There are ways of stressing these plants in order to create a stable female....but it's definetly easier to just use reg. seeds, create your mother. Then you have a constant supply of cuttings to make 100% females.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE !!!

:cheesygrinsmiley: Not yet....you have a little working time in soil. It's hydro that requires immediate action. It looks like a dried out or over cooked area. What over cooked it is a question. Could be lights, could be too much wind or even too much nutrient.

Overcooked ? I don't understand. The nutes are in the soil and I haven't added anything other than bottled water. The lights are on 24/7...and the fan is blowing in the top of the cab and not directly on the plants.

Thanxxx everyone...:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom