Yellowing of fan leaves between veins

MR.BLUNTZ420

just seeing if any of you can help me out......my fan leaves on my plant are yellowing between the veins and nowhere else not on the edges or new growth doesnt have any just all my big fan leaves from bottom to tha top. i would sho pics but dont know how to upload pics yet.

how do u wake up dead in the bed?:peace:

age-1 1/2 months
soil- sumthing black gold
fert-peters 20-20-20, feed every 1 1/2 wk
lights-250mh and 175hps, distance 16 inches from top
ph-6.8
watering- every 5-6 days w/ distilled water
container is 3.5gal
space 3x10x12 closet
no insects this time
3rd plant to attempt from seed
plant size is 9 inches tall has 5internode spacings and bushy two tops and 7pt leaves so far

Sounds like a magnesium def to me. Give it some epsom salt. About a teaspoon per gallon of water should do it. Schultz (just like Miracle Grow) lacks in some trace elements.
Why the distilled water? Is there something wrong with your tap water?
What are you using for ventilation? Just opening the door once in a while doesn't constitute adequate ventilation. Your environment is as important as your nutrient selection is. Without control of it you might as well give up on indoor growing.

im using distilled water cause mine has high ph higher than normal alongside the chlorine level is sorta high and my water is hard. im using a timed oscillating fan blows and dies blows and dies, also my door is left open all the time for ventilation. i know all these things on indoor control i just dont wanna f this up this time, cause i have problems trying to solve nutrient problems with plants. so many of them have alot of the same symptoms. i added a tsp of epsom salt to a gal. ill see how it does and thanx for the extra info, but i need to know how to upload pics for future reference on problems cause all of u have alot of knowledge

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Read the above to learn how to post pictures. As to the distilled water. You do know you should be checking and adjusting PH AFTER you add your nutrient no matter what water source you use right? Nutrient can and will change the PH and if your starting with a neutral ph of 7 and your nutrient and additives turn the PH to 7.5 you need to know this. So changing water sources to avoid testing and adjusting PH is not a smart move. My water is like yours and it works great. I have such a huge hard water problem that the calcium build up actually plugs my water lines. Especially the hot water line. As for chlorine. Well you could leave it sit out for 24 hours and the chlorine will disapate. Believe it or not, chlorine is a actual element that plants require a little bit of. So eliminating 100% of it means your plant isn't getting 100% of what it requires. Just letting it sit out overnight would suffice IMO.

RO water is what I would use if I had a choice but I'm not sure of the correct answer for your question Torco55. I know how a RO machine works and I'm pretty sure what distilled water is and the way it's acheive. The prcedure is 2 different ways of doing things. One requires heat and other a membrane.
I myself would buy a 5 gallon jug and use one of those machines outside the local supermarket that sells for $.25 cents to $.30cents a gallon.

RO and distilled water are best. Check PH after nutes are added and adjust as needed. I used to use nothing but Black Gold. But since I discovered Fox Farms, I'd never go back.

As to the yellowing...I agree...Mag deficiency. The epsom salts shoud turn it around.

Get off the 20-20-20 and use something a little heavier in the first number and lots less in the last, then for flowering switch to heavy in the middle number lighter in the first and low on the last.

Back
Top Bottom