Yellowing of fan leaves during first week of flowering

HazyShane

My plant has just begun flowering (it's been a week, week and a half at most) and I noticed the fan leaves have been dying at a very fast rate, it seems like almost over night some leaves have gone completely yellow starting from the bottom I'm not using any nutes but I am using a little molasses in the water. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to :420:
Here's how to post pics Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
The pictures will help us figure out what's wrong with the plants
It might be a deficiency
cannabis_leaf-deficiencies312.jpg

Also what is the ph of water your using
pH_chart71.jpg

It is normal for fan leaves to yellow and die off during flowering, a week or two in seems a little early, but we are working on a Master Kush crop, and it is doing the same thing. I have some sweet purple right next to it and it is not yellowing anywhere near as fast as the Master Kush. If you feel it is yellowing too quickly, you could probably give it a little more nitrogen, but at this stage if the flowers and leaves around it look good and healthy, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The plant will be giving most of the nutrients to your buds, so if they look good, then all is well.

Thanks for the reply, my plant isnt very bushy at all and the leaves seem to be dying at a pretty fast rate, but im down 5 fan leaves and i think the last 3 are about to die off as well. Even some of the other leaves are beginning to die. I added some nitrogen and Magnesium to the water to try and help out. I wouldnt be so worried if it was a little more bushy than it is but where its beginning to bud does still look very healthy. Pictures: Media added by HazyShane

We don't have a lot of info to go on like is it inside or outside? I'm guessing soil since u said u haven't fed it but what's in it? Light? Pictures? It's hard to diagnose without details. It could be so many things. I would start by feeding them. If its in a pot and u haven't fed it then im surprised it didn't starve sooner unless you've got some seriously enriched soil. You gotta feed em in pots bro. Even organic growers feed there plants. They just don't feed them chemicals. They use chicken shit, bat guano, worm casting, ash, mosses, ect. Much like you and I, if we don't eat something then we eat ourselves. Eventually we die......... They probably won't produce much if they don't eat.

Lights 300w
Soil MG with plant feed
And it's indoors
Well I swapped out the soil to MG with plant feed a while back and from what I hear people don't like MG because of nute burn issues but you're probably right about me needing to feed it, (if you couldn't tell I am a first time grower lol) but I was wondering to feed the plant would I have to mix soil and repot it? And pictures are here it's gotten worse since then though: HazyShane Gallery - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

We don't have a lot of info to go on like is it inside or outside? I'm guessing soil since u said u haven't fed it but what's in it? Light? Pictures? It's hard to diagnose without details. It could be so many things. I would start by feeding them. If its in a pot and u haven't fed it then im surprised it didn't starve sooner unless you've got some seriously enriched soil. You gotta feed em in pots bro. Even organic growers feed there plants. They just don't feed them chemicals. They use chicken shit, bat guano, worm casting, ash, mosses, ect. Much like you and I, if we don't eat something then we eat ourselves. Eventually we die......... They probably won't produce much if they don't eat.

Lights 300w
Soil MG with plant feed
And it's indoors
Well I swapped out the soil to MG with plant feed a while back and from what I hear people don't like MG because of nute burn issues but you're probably right about me needing to feed it, (if you couldn't tell I am a first time grower lol) but I was wondering to feed the plant would I have to mix soil and repot it? And pictures are here it's gotten worse since then though: HazyShane Gallery - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Good job man! I use miracle grow soil from start to finish. I don't use the moisture control but I do believe it has a time release fertilizer but it's bet mild. Mg soil is potting soil configured for small plants. It's ok for a while but u do wanna feed them when they start to get big. I start feeding 3 weeks from seed, a little sooner for well rooted clones. People talk shit about miracle gro. There is a side by side comparison from a grower in Cali. One plant is miracle grow, the other plant is using General Hydroponics Nuts and the miracle grow tomato fertilizer plant was superior in every way. Am I going to throw away all the hydro nuts I purchased, no but I feel better about plants I've grown with mg fertilizer. All I'm saying is that u can use it if u have nothing else. As far as mg soil goes, I love it. I don't have a single complaint except perhaps some of the mulch has pieces that are too large but it has done well for me. We don't have fox farm dealers on every corner here like they do in Cali. We use what works. Miracle Grow Cannabis Experiment ep2 - YouTube

I'd start the video at about 16:50 cause he blabs for a long ass time but he gets to the point at about 16:50. The video is the second in a 3 part series. In the third he says that the mg plant was the better of the two and I was wrong, he didn't veg with mg tomato food he just flowered with it.

Thanks for the advice I'm gonna go get some of the MG tomato feed like he had in the video and see how it goes, hopefully my plant turns around I'd hate to see it die after growing it for 3 months

It obviously won't hurt. I'd go easy on the first dose. Perhaps a half dose, maybe 2/3's since there hungry but not a whole dose for sure. You got virgin roots. The uria might burn a little since there not use to nitrogen from uria. It's a little harsh and if you don't get anything else before harvest do a good flush at about week 6 and no more food. Don't harvest until the remaining leaves start to yellow.

You said 300 watts of light, my question is what kind of light and how far away is the light? There is a link in my signature regarding plant lighting you should peruse through to gain some knowledge, as it seems to me the light is far away from your plants and they are stretching quite a bit. Seeing as the lower leaves appear to be the ones effected, there is the possibility they are dying from a lack of light.

lookin good haze...Im much like you. my first grow with CFLs..in a cheap potting soil. wont do that again. my plant looks good to me. I am at day 39 flowering. and just getting the yellowing on lower fan leaves...I read its because the plant is puyying al its energy into buds. I caution you on feeding!!!! as I pissed my girl off the first time I used a fertilizer. the folks in here are very knowledgeable. and have really changed my approach to growing. I threw some seeds in some dirt and said go baby. and she did..lol
welcome to this site its great! and Im gonna follow your grow. good luck man!

Mine are as well. I thought this was a natural process like for instance my Pumpkin plants. When they produce their leaves turn yellow and die..

No, you have too little nitrogen in your soil, and if you don't supplement it, your yield will be reduced.

20151231_091203.jpg
this is my baby,5 weeks into flowering, but 2 weeks with a 1000w hps,I to have been getting yellow leaves under the top canopy,I just clipped them off,her buds look really healthy,lots of white hairs and crystals smell really good

this is my baby,5 weeks into flowering, but 2 weeks with a 1000w hps,I to have been getting yellow leaves under the top canopy,I just clipped them off,her buds look really healthy,lots of white hairs and crystals smell really good

It's been 4 more weeks since you've posted on this ancient thread, so... how is the plant today? I'm in day 24 of 1212 and lost first two fans that were totally yellow...

Vlad:bongrip:

Hi guys

Could this be happen because of heat because last light i fixed the light little closer.please guide me how can i go through this problem .how many days will it take to recover it .should i peal off all the infected leaves.what can i do to recover this plant.any help will be Thankful

best regards
newwwww.jpg

Back
Top Bottom