Yellowing on the edges of autoflower?

ChalupaBatman

420 Member
Hey guys,

I've been growing a northern lights autoflower for the last 2-3 weeks. She seems to be doing alright albeit with a few issues. I'm seeing a yellowing on the edges of some of the leaves and I want to make sure I nip this in the butt before it becomes an issue. I don't imagine it should have a nutrient deficiency. Below are my stats and some pics:

Grow Environment
Place: grow tent
Start date: 12/20/21
Temp: ~80 degrees
Humidity: 50%
medium: organic non fertilized soil
nutes type: general hydroponics maxigro veg
nutrients: no nutes week 1 just sprays of water, she received 1/4 strength nutes week 2 (250ml water), and just received 1/2 strength nutes this week (500 ml water). Nutes are phd to 6.1 with PPMs ~580
Other: I have two fans running in the tent, one to create air movement, the other to exhaust

20220105_090231.jpg

20220105_090159.jpg

20220105_090207.jpg

Hey guys,

I've been growing a northern lights autoflower for the last 2-3 weeks. She seems to be doing alright albeit with a few issues. I'm seeing a yellowing on the edges of some of the leaves and I want to make sure I nip this in the butt before it becomes an issue. I don't imagine it should have a nutrient deficiency. Below are my stats and some pics:

Grow Environment
Place: grow tent
Start date: 12/20/21
Temp: ~80 degrees
Humidity: 50%
nutes type: general hydroponics maxigro veg
nutrients: no nutes week 1 just sprays of water, she received 1/4 strength nutes week 2 (250ml water), and just received 1/2 strength nutes this week (500 ml water). Nutes are phd to 6.1 with PPMs ~580
Other: I have two fans running in the tent, one to create air movement, the other to exhaust

20220105_090231.jpg

20220105_090159.jpg

20220105_090207.jpg
Good morning @ChalupaBatman great screen name. :thumb:
Hope you are well my friend.
Sorry about your lady.
Have you been letting it dry properly in between watering?
Alternating water/feed?
6.1 ph isn't too bad but I'd try for 6.3.

Stay safe
Bill

Hello - I would be looking at CaMg and P maybe
Good luck
I was thinking that until I checked his nutrients.
It has calmag and all micro nutrients required.
Do you think adding calmag to the water before feeding would help? @Growings

Stay safe
Bill

I was thinking that until I checked his nutrients.
It has calmag and all micro nutrients required.
Do you think adding calmag to the water before feeding would help? @Growings

Stay safe
Bill
Hey Bill - hope you are keeping well my friend
Judging by the pics, yes
I though it may be K at first but at 10-5-15 that doesn't seem likely
Admittedly I'm not entirely sure exactly what 'organic non-fertilized soil' is, but if it is any way similar to coco...

Hey Bill - hope you are keeping well my friend
Judging by the pics, yes
I though it may be K at first but at 10-5-15 that doesn't seem likely
Admittedly I'm not entirely sure exactly what 'organic non-fertilized soil' is, but if it is any way similar to coco...
That's a good point.
If its actually soil OK but coco it's a pH issue 5.8 is better.
We have to find out what it is exactly?
Judging by the photo it look like soil.
But I'm frequently wrong. :laugh: :rofl:

Stay safe
Bill

It would help if we knew what this 'organic non-fertilized soil' was. It does look like a coco based substitute for soil but, who knows. It looks like finely shredded coco or shredded peat moss. @ChalupaBatman, what is the name on the bag of the soil mix? The exact name of the company and the product will go a long way towards figuring out what is happening. Does it say if it is coco coir or if it contains coco?

If it was a natural or mineral based soil I do not think that the margins of the fingers on the leaves of a young plant would be turning yellow this early in the game.

We will have to see what the others say but it looks like the nutrient schedule is running behind at 1/4 or 1/2 doses.

my opinion a watering issue,, i see no signs of watering anywhere but right around the base of the plant. i might suggest too little water is getting to the plant.

and as stated,, specifics on the soil can nail it down quickly

Auto's are harder to grow, produce less quality and quantity.
When you make a mistake they are less forgiving.

I suggest you grow Cannabis, or Tomato.

Nothing in the world better than a big, juicy tomato; still warm from the sun and a salt shaker ... yea, right there in the garden.
Orgasmic as the juices run down your arm.

Hey guys thanks for all the tips so far. It seems I made a mistake. I had previously ordered a nature's care potting soil that had no nutrients in it but in my haste over the holiday season I ended up buying one that has so called "root-trients". I only realized it now. I've edited the post parameters with a link to the soil type. I haven't watered the plant since and this is it's current state; I've noticed it seems to have slowed vegetative growth.

Apologies on the goose chase here with thinking what it might be. I'm trying to decide what my next course of actions should be, I should attempt to flush the plant or simply water it with no nutes over the next few weeks and see. Any tips?

overnutes?.jpeg

US-Natures-Care-Organic-And-Natural-Potting-Mix-With-Water-Conserve-Main-71283630-Lrg_0.png

i see lots of room for a fix friend,,

first off,, the plant is real low in that pot,, that is good actually,,

i suggest you might get some nute free soil,, not much,, and i might scoop that plant right out of there,, lift it out,, shake of knock off a bunch of old soil,, push some of the nute soil around to create a bowl of soil in the pot,, and repot the plant in some new soil on top of the old soil,, fill the pot up much closer to the top,, and carry on

when the roots reach the old soil, they will be ready for the nutes

karma sent friend,, other options as well i am sure

i suggest you might get some nute free soil,, not much,, and i might scoop that plant right out of there,, lift it out,, shake of knock off a bunch of old soil,, push some of the nute soil around to create a bowl of soil in the pot,, and repot the plant in some new soil on top of the old soil,, fill the pot up much closer to the top,, and carry on

Thanks @nivek Always good advice from you.
Hope you are well my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

That's a damn good idea.
And will work.
She might be shocky for a half day, but ...

The Miracle-Gro Nature's Care soil that you chose is not a complete soil mix. It is a blend of coco coir, forest products, some nutrients and a small amount of worm castings and what might be called compost. The stuff will work great for plants that the gardener wants to grow slowly. Marijuana is an intense feeder meaning that it needs a lot of nutrients to grow as fast as it has to in order to flower on schedule. Treat it as if it was a coco coir mix and follow the hydroponic rules for awhile and it should look better in a matter of a couple of weeks.

The watering schedule will have to change and especially the fertilizing schedule. Test the pH of the water several times so you have an idea of what it is before and after adding nutrients.

And, if all goes well after it starts to look healthier it will start to grow faster and you will be back asking how to slow it down;):) before it grows above the lights.

"Forest Products" or "Aged Forest Products" are used in a lot of soil mixes from the major producers of bagged 'soil'. I figure most gardeners have never looked up just what these 'forest products' really are.

Back
Top Bottom