yellowing petals?

Respect

This is my second time attempting to grow, the first time in a wall closet and now a slightly smaller moveable closet. Both times i've used flourescent lighting during the veg stage and never made it needing a HPS for the flowering cycle. Too much heat or light really can't be a problem. Last time I had three plants, where the leaves began to yellow out and die starting with those two beginings petals? that aren't even spikey leaves.
I was sure it was caused from using to much fertalizer but this time around I have a similar problem. Even without fertalizer my one higher quality seedling has yellowing "petals." I still have two bright green leaves sprouting from inbetween, I'm just scared it will spread up the plant lkike it did last time. any help would be appreciated

Those non serrated leafs you see, petals, are the energy supply for the new sprout. They will yellow off and fall.

you dont need to be fertilizing them at all until they are at least 10-14 days old.

Now, if the actual serrated leaves are yellowing and falling off, then you have a different problem. It could be a ph problem, that causes Nitrogen to be locked out.

Are you growing hydroponically, soil? Have you tested your soil ph/water ph?

The devil is in the details.

Those non serrated leafs you see, petals, are the energy supply for the new sprout. They will yellow off and fall.

you dont need to be fertilizing them at all until they are at least 10-14 days old.

Now, if the actual serrated leaves are yellowing and falling off, then you have a different problem. It could be a ph problem, that causes Nitrogen to be locked out.

Are you growing hydroponically, soil? Have you tested your soil ph/water ph?

The devil is in the details.

What it turned out to be was the organic fertalizer i was using is much stronger than I though. I drowned them in fertalizer. Thanks for the info on the first two petals.

Back
Top Bottom