Yes, You Do Like Sativas

Exactly,, people think that they are saving $$$ shopping amazon but in the long run there not,, when Municipalities,, Local governments lose the revenue from local Business tax Revenue.. what do they do... raise property taxes
That documentary? It gets a lot worse. If you manufacture a product and want to sell to them they tell you what they will pay. And then the manufacturer says I can’t sell at that price. Waldo says they will help you move your company to China. Now all those jobs are lost forever. Evil ☠️CL🍀

At least here in the US and in large parts of Canada the majority of people live in urban & suburban areas. The ones that are living in rural and ultra rural areas might have to rely on some sort of delivery service such as Amazon. Towns and cities could be a 30 to 60 minute drive away, one way, so finding a grow shop, or larger hardware store, or record store is not convenient. But for the rest of us, we have it within short driving distances so why not make use of it.

Exactly,, people think that they are saving $$$ shopping amazon but in the long run there not,,
I have been noticing that for many items being used for growing are cheaper at many local shops than the same items through Amazon or other similar services. Yes, the drive time and cost is there but bundle the trip to the grow shop along with stopping to pick up a prescription, groceries, hardware, and all the other little chores.

More to shopping local than the tax monies. People who work local often live local so it is keeping our friends and neighbors employed. And, maybe more importantly, local is often the first jobs that many get when they have finished high school and what they learn then will go with them through their entire work life.

I have a cross growing right now in my tent called King WIllie with Lambs genetics in her

the marley family has gotten the name copy written. they licensed it out, and it's been used for plants that have no actual relation to lamb's breath. the island growers are the only ones that have access to the real genetics, and they don't cross it, breed fems, or autos into it to keep it pure.

you can only get the real stuff as regs on the island itself.

the marley family has gotten the name copy written. they licensed it out, and it's been used for plants that have no actual relation to lamb's breath. the island growers are the only ones that have access to the real genetics, and they don't cross it, breed fems, or autos into it to keep it pure.

you can only get the real stuff as regs on the island itself.
the seeds I have were supposedly legit. Were said to have been from the vibe collective. But these were crossed with a 78 La affie. This was the breeder

wish i could get real jamaican lambs breath. would have to be regs.
True North Seed Bank claims their Lambs Bread is 95% pure, close enough for me ;)

They only have fem versions..

Out of the half dozen Sativa strains I have grown it is my current favorite !

Did not grow very tall, might have stunted it starting it under a 85w CFL bulb ?

Day 120  Lambs Bread beer can 2 Nov.jpg

Cheers

the seeds I have were supposedly legit. Were said to have been from the vibe collective. But these were crossed with a 78 La affie. This was the breeder

it's a real piss off to the island growers. they hate the name being whored out. it's become a brand and not a strain. you can buy the use of the name.

Sativa...

I was under no illusion it was the real deal.

But it's damn fine smoke ;)

Cheers

i'm sure it's good.

the issue surrounds legacy farmers on the island being run off by corporate producers. having the lamb's breath name branded and sold has been a real insult to them. many depended on it as a way of generating interest and income.

SUPER SATIVA SEED CLUB newest Photo Strain Sour Tangy Chemdawg STD (yeah I got STD's :rofl:) very sticky, stinky and frosty 80/20 Sativa/indica Harvest next week the energizer BUD⚡golf ball size buds that smell like you are peeling a tangerine

std3.JPG
IMG_3109.JPG
IMG_3101.jpg
STD2.JPG

2 weeks ago
IMG_2983.jpg

I'm just reading an insider article that says there is only one strain.. Cannabis Sativa L as on a molecular level there are no differences between indica & sativa and the classification by Lamark is malarkey.
All the different characteristics are due to environmental differences, which sure, I mean humans are very different depending on location & environmental factors.
Thoughts?

I'm just reading an insider article that says there is only one strain.. Cannabis Sativa L as on a molecular level there are no differences between indica & sativa and the classification by Lamark is malarkey.
Not sure what you mean by "insider article" but there have been several articles over the last 20 years or so with what I figure is the same conclusion. After tests going down to the molecular levels the conclusion was that there was just a basic Cannabis Sativa and everything else was a slight variation, often regional. There were tests run on the genetics or DNA code of various "strains" and no major differences between them.

All the new strain genetics we currently feel we have with Cannabis are extremely unstable. Basically if there were no growers to work with the particular aspects of a strain that we enjoy then those features would disappear in two to 5 generations or seasons. The THC or CBD levels, tastes, smells, colors and whatever else are not yet hard-coded into the very basics of the plant's genetics.

@SmokingWings Interesting, so we'd be back to scruffy weed in no time.
Oh just an article on insider, I was searching why we have Sativas & Indicas and the first thing that popped up was that article.
So yes we do all like Sativas as that's what everything is.
and all the differences other than physical grow are kinda moot as both can produce a whole variety of flavours and effects that overlap more than they differ.

So is the high psychoactive trippy weed purposefully bred out of the market then? As it's maybe not a desirable trait for commerce as consumption and repeat users might see a huge dip.
And well it's also pretty hard to stay functional if it hits that hard, it's close your eyes and sit out the ride.
I ordered some Ace Malawi as they promise some of that with this long flowering Sativa.. so I'm very curious.

@SmokingWings Interesting, so we'd be back to scruffy weed in no time.
Basically, yes, in a matter of a couple of a few years or seasons. Unless someone is actively working to cross breed across several plants for a trait each next generation will slow revert back to the original.

Corn, whether sweet corn which is now feeding people across the globe, or field corn which is feeding our animals is not a natural plant. It took something like 500 to a 1,000 years for the central American civilizations to develop by cross breeding their grain crops. Now we have corn everywhere because there are people whose job it is to raise the plants needed to produce the seed for the next season's crops. Without them we loose the corn as the plants breed themselves back to the original field grasses and grains. I have read that it would take about 5 years to lose it and we might be faced with having to start the process over.

Back
Top Bottom