Yet Another First Grow Journal - Blue Mystic In Coco & Perlite

AussieNoob

Hey guys,

Long long time stalker(not even member :byebye: ), first time poster.

So enough bullshit. Started on the 12/07 (should be 07/12.... darn americans :circle-of-love: )

What strain is it? Blue Mystic
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling/Vege
If in Veg... For how long? 1 Week
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Coco Coir (Watering everyday .... so semi hydro)
If soil... what is in your mix? 70% coco / 30% perlite
If soil... What size pot? ~8L
Size of light? 250w HPS
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? Average 26 C so far
RH of Room/cab? Average 47% so far
PH of media or res? 5.9-6.0 so far
Any Pests ? some gnats at the start but no now.
How often are you watering? Everyday now ( hydro grow)
Type and strength of ferts used? GH trio + GH CaliMagic

This is my first grow, I did germ some other seed but I killed them five times over. One of the main
reasons im in coco coir. I think I've read every grow journal in the completed section ten times over.
So I see a pro and con to every problem i come up against.

I've read alot on watering, after my last failure, and have decided to go with the "treat it like hydro once the
roots get going" method. I hope this works, but failing a huge guru weighing in, I'm sticking with this.

I've got tons of pics and graphs and temps and hum....
What I'm trying to say is if you guys are interested in more, let me know :tokin:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::extras::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
---Early picks done with broken camera so sorry

---Struggling with taken pics under hps. any tips appreciated but im ok with quality if you guys are

---If anybody sees something there unsure about please let me know. I'm a noobie so any help
would be greatly appreciated.

without further ado here we go up to Day 13:
20171209_163920.jpg
20171212_133358.jpg
DSC_0005175.JPG
DSC_0026121.JPG
DSC_003891.JPG
DSC_004072.JPG
DSC_005472.JPG
DSC_005758.JPG
DSC_008458.JPG
DSC_010848.JPG
DSC_011151.JPG
DSC_015532.JPG
DSC_018538.JPG
DSC_019836.JPG

Some pics of my setup in there. I made a holder thing so there not sitting in the trays that I'm pretty proud of.

So its been one whole day already. Time flies when you're watching plants grow.

I thought i would introduce you to each of my girls.

Heres "Bushy":

This one started out the best but has fell to second to "speedy"
DSC_021134.JPG

Heres "Speedy":

This one started out a bit slow but has outgrown the others so far
DSC_020929.JPG

And Finally "lil Special"

This one has struggled since a problem with losing it's shell. but refuses to give up. I'm hoping this will
be one of those underdog stories.
DSC_020633.JPG

Any question/comments/hate mail please don't hold back

Another quick update.

Plants are all doing well. Its so cool how much they grow each day. If watching them made them grow faster I
would have a forest right now.

I wanted to see if anyone had opinions on my next move:

option one : go the manifold root. wait till 5-6 nodes then top and deflower, lst etc

option two : go the more regular top and lst

option three : do option two and the scrog

option four : just lst cause im a little nervous of killing my plants on my first grow

with all these i don't know if i should fill the pots up a bit with coco and bury them stem.

As you can probably tell I'm a little lost and some help would be really appreciated.
I don't think its lack of reading as I have thoroughly researched all of them but am just worried of over doing it
on my first grow.

on to the pics

DSC_021829.JPG
DSC_022128.JPG
DSC_022723.JPG

Howzit Aussie - Subbed

I'm a noob too so won't be much help, but interested to see how the Coco works out for you. I'm leaning towards Coco Coir as I'm having problems with my first grow in BioBizz soil. They are close to finishing, about 3 weeks, so hopefully I can nurse them through. I'll be creating a journal like you for my next grow to get guidance from the community of guru members.

All the best for your first go dude. :surf:

Howzit Aussie - Subbed

I'm a noob too so won't be much help, but interested to see how the Coco works out for you. I'm leaning towards Coco Coir as I'm having problems with my first grow in BioBizz soil. They are close to finishing, about 3 weeks, so hopefully I can nurse them through. I'll be creating a journal like you for my next grow to get guidance from the community of guru members.

All the best for your first go dude. :surf:

Thanks heaps. Would love to see some pics of your girls.

I had a massive failure with my first seeds that i tried in soil. It was all my fault but was one of the main reasons I switched sides to coco.
I want to go back one day. I do see others inline ahead of it though.

Can't wait to see your grow journal.

Hey guys,

Long long time stalker(not even member :byebye: ), first time poster.

So enough bullshit. Started on the 12/07 (should be 07/12.... darn americans :circle-of-love: )

What strain is it? Blue Mystic
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling/Vege
If in Veg... For how long? 1 Week
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Coco Coir (Watering everyday .... so semi hydro)
If soil... what is in your mix? 70% coco / 30% perlite
If soil... What size pot? ~8L
Size of light? 250w HPS
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? Average 26 C so far
RH of Room/cab? Average 47% so far
PH of media or res? 5.9-6.0 so far
Any Pests ? some gnats at the start but no now.
How often are you watering? Everyday now ( hydro grow)
Type and strength of ferts used? GH trio + GH CaliMagic

This is my first grow, I did germ some other seed but I killed them five times over. One of the main
reasons im in coco coir. I think I've read every grow journal in the completed section ten times over.
So I see a pro and con to every problem i come up against.

I've read alot on watering, after my last failure, and have decided to go with the "treat it like hydro once the
roots get going" method. I hope this works, but failing a huge guru weighing in, I'm sticking with this.

I've got tons of pics and graphs and temps and hum....
What I'm trying to say is if you guys are interested in more, let me know :tokin:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::extras::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
---Early picks done with broken camera so sorry

---Struggling with taken pics under hps. any tips appreciated but im ok with quality if you guys are

---If anybody sees something there unsure about please let me know. I'm a noobie so any help
would be greatly appreciated.

without further ado here we go up to Day 13:
20171209_163920.jpg
20171212_133358.jpg
DSC_0005175.JPG
DSC_0026121.JPG
DSC_003891.JPG
DSC_004072.JPG
DSC_005472.JPG
DSC_005758.JPG
DSC_008458.JPG
DSC_010848.JPG
DSC_011151.JPG
DSC_015532.JPG
DSC_018538.JPG
DSC_019836.JPG

Some pics of my setup in there. I made a holder thing so there not sitting in the trays that I'm pretty proud of.

Are you running hydrogaurd or z7 by any chance ?

Howzit Aussie - I'm sure they will bounce back nicely after topping. All the best for Xmas and have a great new year.

Can't wait to start a journal dude, was hoping to have started now while I'm on my holidays but my current (first grow) is taking longer than I thought it would. As you requested here are a few snaps of some sickly plants from about a week ago;

IMAG045022.jpg

IMAG044014.jpg

I think they are doing better now, no visible improvement as such, just no further deterioration. Since putting the HPS on, the heat has been better about 25c, and the smell is stronger now when I open tent up. Good signs I think. Gave them a drink of half-strength nutes two days ago and today I gave them straight water. Will keep this repeat going for the last few weeks then flush week before harvest.

Which leads me to my Xmas present which arrived today - USB Portable Microscope OTG Function 8LED Digital Zoom Magnifier with Holder True 5.0MP Video Camera 1X-500X Magnification 0-3cm Focus

The thing looks amazing - and I'm so impressed with the results, see for yourself. :xmas:

Picture2.png
Picture1.png

:surf:

Thanks For all the posts guys :thumb:

Those girls look sick Mizz Beachbum. I'd be ecstatic if mine turn out like that :goodjob:
Can I ask you what training you did with them? And what nutes/additives you used?

Even those leaves aren't perfectly healthy, that pic is sick as fuck. I think you're making me add some late additions to my x-mas list even though its 1.5 hrs away with that macro camera.

Speaking of mine heres some recovery pics from today. They seem happy and i have 5 growth tips on each plant
reaching high now.

I'm thinking I'll top them all once more but am open to all suggestions/thoughts.

One last thing, the roots are starting to show out the bottom and was wondering if I should start to think transplant anytime soon.

My thought was keep the two strongest under the hps and put lil Special under cfls in a smaller closet. Then ether flower her in there or put her back under the hps at the end. Or hell even clone off her

Love to hear from you :Namaste:

DSC_026921.JPG
DSC_027621.JPG
DSC_028019.JPG

Hey Aussie

Be ready to be ecstatic dude. Your girls will turn out better than mine, just keep going and hopefully a few 420 gurus will pop in when you need them the most - yours have had a much better start to life than mine did. It's my first go. They suffered from many early setbacks through equipment and ignorance. I have solved the equipment issue :laughtwo:. It my 600w ballast so bought LEDs.

I did no training at all due to being Autos and first go. I'm in BioBizz soil, I did not use nutes or ph my water until a few plants started showing signs of deficiencies. From week 7 they got the BioBizz range (1/2 strength) to go with the soil and air-stone bubbled ph water. They showed their worst symptoms last week, been stable for a week since I reintroduced my HPS (instead of LED); and today they showed their first signs of returning health. I'm so relieved, being so close to harvest.

I can't advise about coco coir nutes, but I've been researching coco for a week now since a mate suggested it. The best tutorial I've seen so far is not on this site - (don't want to get into trouble here). How to Grow Cannabis in Coco Coir by Nebula Haze. He's using the same GH trio and CaliMagic as you, so could be useful. Let me know if you find the article.

[h=1]:surf:[/h]

Back
Top Bottom