Yet another question re: clones

Liqurd4tay0z

Hi guys,
I'm new to cloning and took some very small cuttings off my plant that have rooted but all the old leaves are basically dead with the exception of the new growth on top which from what i can tell is on it's 3rd node. These were the smallest little branches near the bottom and my question is should I bother with clones this size, even though I know the parent plant is female or should I take some larger cuttings further up? Will the end result be the same or will there be a loss of genetics taking cuttings that far down?
Any input would be great

Cheers!

Attachments

• 20200825_123705.jpg
    20200825_123705.jpg
    737 KB · Views: 109
  • 20200825_123649.jpg
    20200825_123649.jpg
    785.7 KB · Views: 114
My clones I just took had more leaves and were bigger but most lost their lowest leaves or did this, idk about the genetics but can't imagine you will lose any

My clones I just took had more leaves and were bigger but most lost their lowest leaves or did this, idk about the genetics but can't imagine you will lose any
Will it still branch off from the nodes of the dead leaves or are those considered lost? I do see one branch forming on one of the nodes so I hope it does.

my clones can sometimes be that small, with success,, i would cut them lower leaves off tho,, and right from the get to,,

karma sent to em

Will it still branch off from the nodes of the dead leaves or are those considered lost? I do see one branch forming on one of the nodes so I hope it does.
So from personal experience if there is even the smallest little shoot growing before the leaf comes off then that shoot is fine but sometimes if the leaf dies before anything is showing at the crotch you may get nothing or something weird grow.
Taking more mature clones may give better luck if the nodes do not grow, more mature can mean a little higher up sometimes.

So from personal experience if there is even the smallest little shoot growing before the leaf comes off then that shoot is fine but sometimes if the leaf dies before anything is showing at the crotch you may get nothing or something weird grow.
Taking more mature clones may give better luck if the nodes do not grow, more mature can mean a little higher up sometimes.
I'm planning to take a few more cuttings higher up the only problem is I flipped the mother 5 days ago. Should I revert those clones back to a 18/6 schedule or go with a 12/12 and grow some little budding clones?

I'm planning to take a few more cuttings higher up the only problem is I flipped the mother 5 days ago. Should I revert those clones back to a 18/6 schedule or go with a 12/12 and grow some little budding clones?
Revert them back to a 18/6 or even 20/4 till they root, when you revert clones from a flowering mother you can get some really cool clones with some very abnormally heavy side branching. The technique has been coined the term "monster cropping" if you wanted something to read about :ganjamon:

Since supercropping two of the main branches the other day she has really opened up, allowing the side branches to stretch up to the rest of the canopy. I took a couple more clones further up and am hoping to have as good of luck with rooting them and keeping them alive and healthy, i never used anything to help start the roots...just popped them directly into the soil and gave them a shot of water and 6-7 days later roots were poking out all down the edges of the container they are in so I did the same thing but used much smaller containers. I think starting in 300ml then up to 2L to 1 gallon then to 5 gallon will be the plan. I will certainly let everyone know how they all turn out. Here is a shot of the mother at 47 days old, I'm definitely hooked on growing

Attachments

• 20200827_131443.jpg
    20200827_131443.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 100
Hey Liqurd,

Nice job getting clones to root especially without rooting powder or cloning gel. Yes same here - weed isn’t addictive but growing is!
His clones sure look nice and healthy. Having no powder/gel did not hurt anything it seems.
I ended up cloning a couple of varieties this time without any powder as well because I "lost" my cloning powder when I stuck it with my spices in the freezer door instead of the fridge door where I normally keep it.
They took a little longer to root but as long as one lives, is all that matters.
I might just get an Aloe Vera plant from the parents so I won't lose that.

@Liqurd4tay0z Your clones are looking great. They will be fine. In a couple months, you'll see some big time growth. Sometimes clones start off looking kind of sickly, but once they take root, look out!
Yup i can't wait. Im going to try training them a certain way. They are already on their 5th new nodes. The parent plant has been flowering now for a week or so and already filling up with pistils everywhere :yummy:

Attachments

• 20200905_162619.jpg
    20200905_162619.jpg
    813.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20200905_163922.jpg
    20200905_163922.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
  • 20200905_164003.jpg
    20200905_164003.jpg
    775.1 KB · Views: 70
Yup i can't wait. Im going to try training them a certain way. They are already on their 5th new nodes. The parent plant has been flowering now for a week or so and already filling up with pistils everywhere :yummy:
Looking good. Keep posting, I'd love to follow your grow.

A shot of the mother and some bud sights after I cropped two of her branches on the sides to even out the canopy. The clones were recently topped and now hanging out in the sun.

Attachments

• 20200909_181459.jpg
    20200909_181459.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • 20200909_181516.jpg
    20200909_181516.jpg
    949.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200909_181510.jpg
    20200909_181510.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 47
  • 20200909_162041.jpg
    20200909_162041.jpg