Yet another question...the flying beast!

BlueberryDreamz

There has been a new addition to the garden. A flying beast that has been named morris.

It looks like a fruit fly...very tiny, and fast....cant tell if there is just one. Will this pose a problem...and can he be erased from this planet? If so what would be the best way to go about ending his/their life?

sounds like a gnat to me. Tis the season! Adult gnats really pose no threat to your crop. It's the larva that live in the medium that pose the greatest threat. They will slowly feed on your root system. Usually just causing yield loss or possible plant fatality. I suggest you plan a full assault ASAP. Go to Home Depot or Lowes and get sticky boards and place them next to each plant and throughout the grow room. Get those sticky strips that hang from the ceiling and hang them all over your grow area as well. To combat the larva your gonna need to treat the resevoir (if doing hydroponics). Or simply watering if doing soil. They sell what is called mosquito dunks at either Home Depot or Lowes or Both. I can't remember. If doing hydroponics. Grab a pair of panty hose cut the foot off and place the dunk in there. Tie up the panty hose and place it in the resevoir. The mosquito dunk will become flaky after it's been in the resevoir for awhile and possibly clog up your lines. That's the reason for the panty hose. If doing soil. Just place 1/2 a mosquito dunk in a gallon of water and let it sit over night. Then water your plants. Hope this helps. Good luck and be sure and let us know how it works out!

hahaha...thought about that...but there was already one incident in the room involving a lucious plant, and a vaccum cleaner...that was enough to keep the dangerous weapons at bay

Back
Top Bottom