Yield prediction

silloroy

hey all
i`m a proud new grower,
currently at day 30 of flowering of my first grow attempt.
a lot of rookie mistakes were made and a lot of lessons learned.
this grow will probably end up with 3 plants in 4 litter pots, 30-40 grams each maximum.thats my intuitive conclusion...
already thinking of my next grow and
HERE IS MY QUESTION:
from your expirience, is it realistic to grow 2 plants that will yield 100 grams each (200grams total per grow)
with my gear and conditions?? here they are:

grow space: 60*60*160cm grow tent HOMEBOX
light: for grow and flower both: 250HPS + 65W white light
strains: Northern lights, Skunk#1 (from Sensi seeds)
pots: 11 Liters
medium: soil and coco mix
to maximize yield i plan to try topping+LST to use my tiny space the best way...
So what you guys think? making sense or over ambicious?
thanks!

in my opinion u would need a higher wattage hid..and use the scrog method.. good seeds though i like the northern lights.

welcome to :420: and congrats on the decision to grow for yourself..its an amazing achievement that u get to taste lol .

the problem is that we have a very warm climate
and a 400HPS is way to hot for my small space...
I`m barely keeping the tent at 27-28cellcius with my 250HPS with an AC...
maybe a combination with leds or florecent? if so, how many WATS?
is 11 litter pot good for a 100grams plant?
am i right that topping+LST is the best methods to maximize yield in a small space??
thanks all

Problem is if you add a lot of side lighting with fluorescent that will get hot too. You need to get more light with less watts and the only way I know of to do that is with an LED in place of your HPS.

I think 11 litres might be a little small for the size of plant you'd need to get 100 grams also. With a relatively low power light you definitely will need to manage vertical growth, so topping/lst or a scrog would be good.

:Namaste:

4 liters to a gallon, right? I cannot see you getting that kind of weight from 11 liters. That is smaller than a 3 gallon. In a five gallon, it would be easy to get 4oz a plant, but I doubt with 250w.

There is no reason that you can't keep a tent cool with AC and a 600w.

I have a 1000w Gavita double ended bulb (produces more heat than regular 1000w hps) and a 600w HPS in a sealed room, with AC. I keep temps at 78 without having to set my AC below 70.

Dry weight of bud is aprox 20% to 30% of total weight of wet bud, yup that is right as some 70% to 80% of bud is water...

How ever 100g per plant (dry weight) under 250w is not likely in less super cropping was involved which may enhance yield & i would only suspect one plant in a tent that size if super cropped.

Some food for thought & a little story...

I sourced out a high yielding strain & kept a one for a mother plan with topping involved so i would have many clones but all of that was an original plan which never worked out as i did not like the strain that much...

Some where along the lines i topped the main apical stem around the 8th or 10th node & basically what that does is divert the hormone auxin to the side or lateral branches promoting more growth to them.

Auxin is present in every leading tip of the branch, so displacement either from topping or LST diverts it to other points, with LST stem bending... well lets say auxin is light sensitive hormone & basically move to other node points where branches form & yield bud.

You should take some time to research auxin tho...

Topping works by cutting of branch tip above a node & that creates normally two new branches/stems = more bud sites :high-five:

So the first topping of main apical stem was to create a more bushy plant, the 2nd topping was done some 6 weeks later to main branches/stems & took a good few weeks for suitable regenerative growth to take place, i gave it about 6 weeks... so that is about 4 months of veg of the top of my head.

Which i put in flowering, this one plant yielded 6oz dry weight in a 6 litre pot under a 400w hps & suspect the wet weight was several oz short of a kilo based on the % above !

Ye that was a soil grow as hydro normally produces faster growth by x % whilst in veg btw...

All i can say is growing is learning curve & if you have time on your hands to experiment be my guest :peace:

That one plant of 6 oz being of some to real 5 to 6 months of growing once you including flowering time of strain ! was it worth it ?

Well i guess its a maths question of time, yield & space to how many plants you can grow in X space in same period of time & average yield per harvest !

the problem is that we have a very warm climate
and a 400HPS is way to hot for my small space...
I`m barely keeping the tent at 27-28cellcius with my 250HPS with an AC...
maybe a combination with leds or florecent? if so, how many WATS?
is 11 litter pot good for a 100grams plant?
am i right that topping+LST is the best methods to maximize yield in a small space??
thanks all

The best guideline I have found, is to use 1 gallon for every 12" the plant is supposed to grow. Or 3.78 liters, for every 30cm.

LEDs would be a great move for hot climates. I'm ordering my LED this week from one of our sponsors: Led Grow Lights for indoor plants-Top Led

And topping and LST to achieve a flat canopy will maximize your yield in a small space. The flat canopy lets all colas receive equal lighting, and will help you grow as if you had multiple colas.

You just need to water correctly in an ebb and flow method to help the roots grow huge to support a bigger plant up top.

The best guideline I have found, is to use 1 gallon for every 12" the plant is supposed to grow. Or 3.78 liters, for every 30cm.

LEDs would be a great move for hot climates. I'm ordering my LED this week from one of our sponsors: Led Grow Lights for indoor plants-Top Led

And topping and LST to achieve a flat canopy will maximize your yield in a small space. The flat canopy lets all colas receive equal lighting, and will help you grow as if you had multiple colas.

You just need to water correctly in an ebb and flow method to help the roots grow huge to support a bigger plant up top.

QUIT BRAGGING LOL J\K . yall have me lookin at leds now but it just has not sold me yet . the money u save off the electric from not runnin the hids and ac hmmm could pay itself off fast..

i agree u should be able to cool that tent with the ac and an exhaust system . im using one small ac to cool a tent with a 400w and a veg room with a t5 8 bulb..and its hot as hell were i live and very humid. and no im not in hell as my name suggest lol

QUIT BRAGGING LOL J\K . yall have me lookin at leds now but it just has not sold me yet . the money u save off the electric from not runnin the hids and ac hmmm could pay itself off fast..

i agree u should be able to cool that tent with the ac and an exhaust system . im using one small ac to cool a tent with a 400w and a veg room with a t5 8 bulb..and its hot as hell were i live and very humid. and no im not in hell as my name suggest lol

Not sold yet? Look what Dusty Kiefers grew with just a single 48x3 (144 watt model): 2' x 2' DWC Scrog With Jock Horror Under 48 x 3W Top LED Reflector

wow . cant believe that little panel is flowering that whole area on his journal..

lol no shit man! That's insane growth for only 150 watts. I have 350+ watts in CFLs and couldn't touch that grow on his worst day, and my best day. So that's why I'm switching over. I think I'm going to pick up that 300 watt older model for $105.

I might use my CFLs for some side and lower lighting since I already bought them all, but the main Veg and Flower is all going to the new LED light now.

what is the exact model he was using and the one your getting .. i might make a another separate flower room just for an led and go from there .. i dont want to start out with junk but i dont want to spend a fortune either .. if i could find a way to sell half of this grow equip i dont use i could buy some nice leds ..

2 flood tables
8 piece gh water farm kit
9 t-5- t-8 setups
80 (i think) botincare spot clone chamber could be 60 .not sure never used it .
couple of 1000 watt bulbs
2 4 pot hydro kits
extra yeildmaster II 6 inch reflector with a 400w,600w,100w bulb
yupp i could defiantly get some good leds with the proceeds from that shit ..YArD SALE ha i wish

damn silloroy sorry for jacking your thread .. i forgot this wasent one of our own journals .. u can come spray graffiti over my thread if u like ..lol

He's using this model: Reflector LED grow light

I've decided on this model: 100x3w led grow light

The old model doesn't have separate switches for Veg/Flower lighting selection, it runs all the LEDs at the same time, which is fine if you like to grow with a full spectrum. Others prefer to split it up for their grows, using the whites/blues for Veg, and oranges/reds for Flower.

He's using this model: Reflector LED grow light

I've decided on this model: 100x3w led grow light

The old model doesn't have separate switches for Veg/Flower lighting selection, it runs all the LEDs at the same time, which is fine if you like to grow with a full spectrum. Others prefer to split it up for their grows, using the whites/blues for Veg, and oranges/reds for Flower.

damn 104.00 isent bad at all .. i wonder if i would need two for my 48x24x60 tent to achieve maximum yield .

Dry weight of bud is aprox 20% to 30% of total weight of wet bud, yup that is right as some 70% to 80% of bud is water...

How ever 100g per plant (dry weight) under 250w is not likely in less super cropping was involved which may enhance yield & i would only suspect one plant in a tent that size if super cropped.

Some food for thought & a little story...

I sourced out a high yielding strain & kept a one for a mother plan with topping involved so i would have many clones but all of that was an original plan which never worked out as i did not like the strain that much...

Some where along the lines i topped the main apical stem around the 8th or 10th node & basically what that does is divert the hormone auxin to the side or lateral branches promoting more growth to them.

Auxin is present in every leading tip of the branch, so displacement either from topping or LST diverts it to other points, with LST stem bending... well lets say auxin is light sensitive hormone & basically move to other node points where branches form & yield bud.

You should take some time to research auxin tho...

Topping works by cutting of branch tip above a node & that creates normally two new branches/stems = more bud sites :high-five:

So the first topping of main apical stem was to create a more bushy plant, the 2nd topping was done some 6 weeks later to main branches/stems & took a good few weeks for suitable regenerative growth to take place, i gave it about 6 weeks... so that is about 4 months of veg of the top of my head.

Which i put in flowering, this one plant yielded 6oz dry weight in a 6 litre pot under a 400w hps & suspect the wet weight was several oz short of a kilo based on the % above !

Ye that was a soil grow as hydro normally produces faster growth by x % whilst in veg btw...

All i can say is growing is learning curve & if you have time on your hands to experiment be my guest :peace:

That one plant of 6 oz being of some to real 5 to 6 months of growing once you including flowering time of strain ! was it worth it ?

Well i guess its a maths question of time, yield & space to how many plants you can grow in X space in same period of time & average yield per harvest !
You are spot on. I have done the same and although bigger pot came out wit 7 to 8 Oz's. That lasted me a long time but I missed growing so much. Now I do 1 month veg then I flower. 3 gallon pots 4-5 plants at a time. Always different strains every grow. That keeps it fun. IMO.

Ah close call there. That question would be best for Sara here: Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion
Or another grower more familiar with LEDs could help you better than I can.

lol i never saw this .. i saw here on another thread last night .. wtf her i am tellin u who she is lol..im a dumbass sometimes .. thanks antics

Back
Top Bottom