Yields?

higgle50

This is my first post to the forum, and i'm not sure if this is the right section but here it goes. So I just called supercloset.com. They are supposed to have some of the best stealth grow closets around. When I was asking the salesman for info on the following unit:
Super Closet
he stated that you could only get one pound per harvest. If you look at the system you can plant up to 16 plants. I dont know if im wrong here but 1 pound seems like an extremely low yield for 16 plants. I was planning on at least 3 pounds from 16 plants. Is this because of the type of hydro system used? could larger yields be achieved by using an ebb and flow, single pot type system? I am now extremely confused.

its all about space.. a plant you let grow bigger, will typically yeild more than a plant you keep short.

saying a plant will produce 2 ounces, is just ridiculous, as lighting, feeding, medium, space, heat, etc all come into play.

what the rep is trying to say, is, you could plant 16 small plants, with next to no veg time, flower them, and get a pound.

if you want more then that, you will need a bigger space, and probably more lighting, and let the plants grow longer before flowering them.

if you had the space, time, light, and dedication.. you could technically, veg a plant for a year, while screening it into a massive few meter bush, and yield pounds. or.. veg it for a week, and flower it into a half ounce. *shrug*

To be honest, that product is kind of a rip off if ya ask me. I'm not sure where your located at but for 1500$ you could pick up a much bigger and better setup on craislist. I honestly wouldn't recommend you buy that thing. I spent 1700$ on my setup, half of it was 2nd hand deals on craigslist, and my first grow got 1 1/2 lbs out of a 2x5' tent. I would do a little more research around the 420 magazine site to see what other's are using with success and model your grow off of their setup.

First...Ask yourself these questions to help narrow down your purchase

Figure out the room you have to grow..what size?
What type of grow style will you be doing (hydro and what type, or soil, or other)?
What is your goal? (1 full cycle in grow area, or perpetual grow (flower, clone and veg areas separate)
What are your legal limits of growing? (if you care)
What is my budget (typical cycle takes anywhere from 3months and up depending on your grow style..so figure in electric bills (not cheap with HID lights)

This should help you get started in planning your grow area..

Next... Once you get all of that in order, draw up a list of whats needed...
Price out the items in the list (lights, nutrients, fans, ph/ppm gear, odor control, timers, soils or grow mediums....) and price out the list on amazon vs what that site is charging. Once you know about what prices all these items cost, search around on craigslist or even on the web and see what you could get as a deal..a lot of people I noticed will grow 1 or 2 cycles and end up selling the whole setup for like 1/2 price on CL, also check out our site sponsors :) ... you will see a significant savings...

Now look into grow tents... can you get 1 or 2 tents and still save money vs buying that all in one unit.... my bet would be almost certainly you will save money...you will have more room to grow in, more flexibility for expanding. :)

I would definitely vote against buying that unit, do a little research and save yourself a little money, as well as learn more about growing along the way :)

To be honest, that product is kind of a rip off if ya ask me. I'm not sure where your located at but for 1500$ you could pick up a much bigger and better setup on craislist. I honestly wouldn't recommend you buy that thing. I spent 1700$ on my setup, half of it was 2nd hand deals on craigslist, and my first grow got 1 1/2 lbs out of a 2x5' tent. I would do a little more research around the 420 magazine site to see what other's are using with success and model your grow off of their setup.

First...Ask yourself these questions to help narrow down your purchase

Figure out the room you have to grow..what size?
What type of grow style will you be doing (hydro and what type, or soil, or other)?
What is your goal? (1 full cycle in grow area, or perpetual grow (flower, clone and veg areas separate)
What are your legal limits of growing? (if you care)
What is my budget (typical cycle takes anywhere from 3months and up depending on your grow style..so figure in electric bills (not cheap with HID lights)

This should help you get started in planning your grow area..

Next... Once you get all of that in order, draw up a list of whats needed...
Price out the items in the list (lights, nutrients, fans, ph/ppm gear, odor control, timers, soils or grow mediums....) and price out the list on amazon vs what that site is charging. Once you know about what prices all these items cost, search around on craigslist or even on the web and see what you could get as a deal..a lot of people I noticed will grow 1 or 2 cycles and end up selling the whole setup for like 1/2 price on CL, also check out our site sponsors :) ... you will see a significant savings...

Now look into grow tents... can you get 1 or 2 tents and still save money vs buying that all in one unit.... my bet would be almost certainly you will save money...you will have more room to grow in, more flexibility for expanding. :)

I would definitely vote against buying that unit, do a little research and save yourself a little money, as well as learn more about growing along the way :)

I actually was not even considering buying that unit. I was planning on building one similar though, and using the superponics hydro system. But now my specs have changed. The sales rep was talking about implementing a continual harvest in which a harvest would be made every month. It would allow for one month veging and two total months flowering. each month you would switch the plant to the next chamber. This continual harvest system seems like the best way to accumulate the greatest yields over time. My budget is pretty great as well. I dont have a strict budget but would like to keep it under 5 grand. I would like to grow with leds just to reduce the chance of getting caught and to simplify the amount of things that can go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom