Yikes! Aphids and now fungus gnats? In my tent

LizC

Hi All
It's been awhile since I have posted. I'm on my 2nd grow, two "20:1 CBD" and two "AK-39" in my 4x4 grow tent. This time, totally organic, no chemical nutes and all growing well on that end. How the hell I got aphids in my tent, I don't know, but I have been battling them for sometime. I use soapy water with neem oil and I have been able to get rid of them but then they return. It is not a heavy infestation and really manageable, but now I have discovered thousands of what look like dead gnats. They are growing in 5 gallon fabric pots and don't stay too wet for long. I mixed 1part hydrogen peroxide to 4 parts H2O and drenched the soil to kill any fungus gnat eggs in the soil. This is a wonderful way of killing them on contact and healthy for the plant. Here is my dilemma...I am one week into 12/12 cycle and as they progress, and flower, can I still use soapy water on them if aphids are present? How do you control pests without getting it on the flowers or will that matter? Any suggestions are welcome.

You could use a mix of 1 part isopropyl alcohol to 9 parts water on them-it'll kill the aphids
"on contact"...which means if you don't get it on 'em,it won't kill 'em..BUT the alcohol will evaporate and leave no residual taste on the buds.
Aphids are tough to get rid of completely-they're basically born pregnant,so if you miss one-tomorrow you've got 30...and so the battle begins again...

Hi All
It's been awhile since I have posted. I'm on my 2nd grow, two "20:1 CBD" and two "AK-39" in my 4x4 grow tent. This time, totally organic, no chemical nutes and all growing well on that end. How the hell I got aphids in my tent, I don't know, but I have been battling them for sometime. I use soapy water with neem oil and I have been able to get rid of them but then they return. It is not a heavy infestation and really manageable, but now I have discovered thousands of what look like dead gnats. They are growing in 5 gallon fabric pots and don't stay too wet for long. I mixed 1part hydrogen peroxide to 4 parts H2O and drenched the soil to kill any fungus gnat eggs in the soil. This is a wonderful way of killing them on contact and healthy for the plant. Here is my dilemma...I am one week into 12/12 cycle and as they progress, and flower, can I still use soapy water on them if aphids are present? How do you control pests without getting it on the flowers or will that matter? Any suggestions are welcome.
Thank you so much for the wonderful advice. I use a small pump sprayer and sprayed them this morning.

Back
Top Bottom