Yorik's 1st Real Multi-Strain Hydro Journal - 2016

Yorik

Whats going on everyone. Long-time reader first-time poster. This will be my 3rd grow officially but I choose not to acknowledge the first 2 as they were baggies and I wasn't to pleased with the outcome of my DIY attempt and harvest. After those debacles, I decided to splurge and get a proper setup for my needs. Here's the rundown;

Equipment:
Tent - Lighthouse hydro 78x78x78
Light - 600w HPS 2000k (growlite brand) for veg and flower
Supp Light - 2x 2ft, 4bulb t5ho - still undecided if I should bother hanging them
Hood - Magnum XXXL 6in
Ballast - Galaxy 600w digital
Pump - 700gph
Air pump - General Hydroponics Dual Diaphragm
Fan/Filter - Master Flow 6" Inline Fan With Carbon Filter
Medium - Hydroton w/ rapid rooter
Nutes - Kind Base/Grow/Bloom

Strains:
Heavyweight - Strawberry Cheesecake - Fem
Paradise - Nebula - Fem
Paradise - Delahaze - Fem
Royal Queen - Jack Herer - Auto - Fem

Pics to come shortly. This is the first time working with HPS so any tips or suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Right now I am working with a 30 gal res with each baby in a 5 gal bucket w/ 2 airstones each. Room temp has been holding at 70.6 occasionally up to 75. Water was the same but after some reading, i found that reflectix helps and it's now at 71.2. Aside from dropping $300 on a chiller or adding frozen bottles is there anything else I can do to lower res temp or lower the chances of root rot?(air pump is outside the tent drawing cold air). The entire setup is in my basement which helps tremendously in controlling temp.

Can't wait to try that cheesecake but there aren't too many posts out there aside from BpoBrad's journal which I subbed to. That's all I got, for now, look forward to learning from y'all. Be easy :Namaste:

DSCN10938.JPG
DSCN10957.JPG
DSCN10996.JPG
DSCN10986.JPG
DSCN10968.JPG
DSCN11007.JPG
DSCN110111.JPG
DSCN110210.JPG
DSCN11038.JPG
DSCN110410.JPG

What's going on people.
Just thought I would give an update on my girls. I started adding Kind Base and Grow after swapping the res water and started off at 230 ppm just to be safe. Rather be a bit under than risk burning them. Im curious about when i should start LST. I really limited my last grow by waiting to grow after trying to train them to late. Any tips you guys have are always appreciated.
DSCN110710.JPG

Auto Jack
DSCN110812.JPG

Delahaze
DSCN110912.JPG

Nebula
DSCN11109.JPG

Strawberry Cheesecake

So I woke up to a bit of an emergency and could use some advice. One of my buckets sprung a leak from the UniSeal and there is water everywhere. Short of taking the system apart for that 1 bucket does anyone know if there is anything i can do to stop the leak. I cant drain it till i find a solution because i dont want the roots drying out on me. Ill be heading to the pet store to pick up some aquarium silicone and hope that it solves the problem but if anyone has had this issue before please please let me know what worked for you.:bitingnails:

Haven't updated this journal in a bit, been preoccupied with work, school, and all the issues I keep running into this run. A few days after I fixed the leak root rot set in. I drained the system cleaned it with h2o2 and bleach then ran with h2o2 while I ran out for hydroguard. Came back drained and filled again with a pH at 5.6 and res temp of 71 I thought all was good. Couldn't have been more wrong.
Checked Friday morning and they were not happy campers, it looked like a magnesium deficiency and now there was white slime all over the roots(maybe to much hydroguard if there is such a thing). I suspected that the air pump I was using wasn't putting out enough air so in a panic I ordered the ecoplus 7 air pump to put out 3566 gph. Plenty of air now. I drained and scrubbed the entire system again and ran last night with just h2o2 and amputated the rotting roots. This morning just in case I took a bit of the trusty tax return and ordered a chiller(active aqua 1/10 HP). I'm pretty sure the temp is good as is but I'm tired of running into problems and don't want any temp issues when summer comes around. Seems like Murphys law is in full effect this grow.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom