You guys have successfully helped me with my 2 first grows. I've got some questions

capcapcaptain

Ok so I'm going to be starting my 3rd grow with White Widow seeds from CKS. I've got a few questions about my past grows. My last 2 have gone fairly well, I'm just looking to make it even better. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Pertinent Info:
Veged for 4 months, then Flowered for another 4
Light cycle was: 18/6 to 12/12
8x White Widow
Grow room 10x10x6
600w HID, Closed ventilation w/ Carbon filter
Intake vent is 10"x4"
Exhaust Vent is 6" air ducting with 2000+ cfm fan
CO2 ranges from 500-700ppm
Pots were less than 5 gallon

Nutrients (Per 1 Gallon)
Sensi Grow - 1 tblsp Part A & 1 Tblsp Part B
Sensi Bloom - 1 tblsp Part A & 1 Tblsp Part B
These are administered as needed. Not on a strict watering schedule, I water them a minimum of every other day or as needed.

Issues:
1. Bud was not very dense, it was quite fluffy
2. Small buds
3. Lower than average yield (170g from 7 plants)

Comments:
1. Even though the bud was light and fluffy, it was still rather potent, I'm not upset with the quality. I'm just looking for some larger, denser buds.

Questions:
1. How much should I be topping the plants before flowering?
2. How long should they veg before flowering?
3. Do I need more light for the amount of plants I'm growing?
4. Should I veg for longer/shorter?
5. Should I put them in larger pots next time?
6. I have no clue how to cure properly, any suggestions on that would be great.

Again, I appreciate any help of suggestions on this, thanks in advance.
-Cap

Re: You guys have successfully helped me with my 2 first grows. I've got some questi

A lot of ur questions r subject to opinion, strain, and preference. With that said I will tell u what I do and u can look at my journal and decide if u want to take the info.

1 I have a stretchy white widow x shark that I FIM 3 times. I find the results better than topping.
2 My plants are in veg 2 months after roots take on clones or first true set of leaves on seeds
3 you have 600 sq ft, I would shoot for 1800-2200 watts. I don't think it's about the number of plants but, the size of them. U could have one monster or 20 hempy buckets like in the journal "perpetual pics"
4 I have found great success using 1g then into 5g then finish in 10g or 15g
5 I do a light trim and hang mine upside down until the stems crack, then trim and mason jar opening the jar for a couple hours each day, cutting back time as buds cure and sweet aromas take over. There are also cubes on amazon that will pull out or replenish moisture for a perfect cure. I believe used in cigar industry. If u look up moisture cubes or curing it should show up.

4 month flower seems long but there are Thai strains that I know of that need 12-15 wk.
Fluffy buds can be many things, curing, drying, genetics, light, this list goes on. Maybe it's time for some new seeds. I assume these r sativas? This is a trait that in my experience is more common indoors. It could have also been my lack of experience at growing them at that time.

Re: You guys have successfully helped me with my 2 first grows. I've got some questi

If you're running 8 plants under a single 600w light, I would say you most definitely need more light.
You want on average 35watts per square foot bud. With stronger/more lighting you'll get much denser buds, and a lot better resin/tric production.

Alot of your other questions can be answered by looking at the stickied pages on the forums here.
As for your bucket issue, the bigger/better your root system gets, the bigger/better your baby can grow and yield. That being said, I see no reason to grow something like lowryder that grows from seed to harvest in a big gulp cup, into a 5gal bucket.
3-5 gallon seems to be pretty standard for most medium plants. I grow in 3.5gal buckets and can easily get my girls to 48" and yield about 4oz give or take depending on the strain. I use 5 gallon buckets for some of my longer growing larger grows, like when doing single plant scrogs and such.

Others have said great words.
When I get lost in live... whatever the situation... I go back to the basics.
Your babies need 4 things.

1. Nutrient energy. Many things can play into this. Different types of nutrient energy are absorbed differently at varying PH and temperature levels. Different kinds of medium or soil are a large variable. Did you have a religious PH plan working? Did you underfeed? Did you have frequent overfeed issues? Do you measure your PPMs?

2. Light energy. Sounds like you might be a bit low.

3. Water. The solvent that runs the system. Did you over or under water? Were there frequent times when they ran dry? Do you have a firm understanding of your source water?

4. Air. How was your humidity? Is this a low CO2 situation?

Of course, that's just barely scratching the surface on most of the points. Each one is a bit of a separate science.
We didn't even touch on pests.
One more thought... bad things that happen as your plant grows will have significantly negative effects. You can't really expect a plant with a history of problems to give a decent yield.

Ok here is my options i think you need a bigger pot like they say the bigger the roots the bigger the fruits ? Topping its all up to you i like to top my plants 3 to 4 times you could top more if you have a big space what else i like to veg for like 2 months and curing your bud i have the C Vault its really good for curing and storage you cannabis here is a picture of the C Vault it come with these boveda humidity packs it will keep your humidity at 62% humidity is the key to cure to meds so yea here is the pictures if i think of something i keep you inform ?

image91783.jpg
image110961.jpg
unnamed1.png

Back
Top Bottom