Young ladies with leaves yellowing

andarilhoestelar

420 Member
What's up growers!?

These three girls are Autoflowers M8 (Geaseeds).
They are planted in 1L Airpots using only soil Biobizz Light Mix.
Humidity around 44% and temperature 24.5C. They are 24 inches from a ~100W LED light (SpiderFarmer SF1000).
They have 25 days of life and some leaves started to get yellow after the yesterday's watering (~100ml water each, ph 6.2), as you can see in the picture.
I didn't give any nutes so far.
Anything to worry about. How can I prevent the issue to become bigger?
Thanks for any hints!
Peace!

auto_m8_girls.jpg

I haven't used the soil you are using, but judging by it's name, I don't think it's heavily amended. The nutrients that were in de soil, are probably used up by the plants and assuming you have watered them with a bit of run off, a bit of the nutrients might also be lost via the run off water.

The yellowing of the lower leaves resembles a shortage of nitrogen, they need a lot of that during veg. Hence, feed them with some nutrients designed for the veg phase. Even though there is a shortage of N, dont over do. With most mineral nutrients schedules, you can start at 25-30% of the recommended dose. Also, dont ad nutrients to the water every watering session. Give some plain water in between.

Now disclaimer: the yellowing might also be caused by other things, like problems in the rootzone or bad watering habits. But besides the yellowing of the lower leaves, they look quite happy and they are not drooping. For that reason, it seems more likely that they are just hungry :morenutes:

Btw, they look quite big for the pots already. I'm not really sure when transplanting in soil grows is recommended, but maybe you are close to transplant with these girls.

Hi with autos i recommend 5 gallon fabric soil or 3 gallon coco , you will be taking a chance now up potting to a bigger pot unless you can do it without disturbing a single root , i like to start in a tiny pot for only a couple of weeks then move into the bigger one , with autos at that age , they can stall and flower that size if annoyed
I agree with the above post they are hungry :goodluck:

The Light Mix: “main ingredients consist of Peat moss, Sphagnum peat and Perlite.”

So, it’s not even really a true soil. It’s almost like a soilless mix. You could mix that with your choice of soil, like one from Fox Farms.

It definitely needs nutes at the very least. I would suggest you do some research on Light Mix before it becomes a bigger issue and it’s too late.

Ditto - what Nutty Professor said..... Since those are autos - get them in large final containers right away, 3 to 5 gallons is about right for an auto. Try to avoid disturbing the roots, if you piss off an auto it may stall out or stunt.

The common sage advice for autos is get everything done topping, lst or transplant before day 21

An update on these girls ...

Following suggestions, I gave the plants the initial nutrients (BioBizz Grow, 1/2 dosis) and it seems like the deficiency is not spreading to other leaves. I also noticed that they got taller :) Thanks!

I am planning to transplant them soon to larger and final 3 gallons Airpots (my grow space is quite small). I will use what I have here: BioBizz All-Mix soil that seems to contain some nutrients in it. @NuttyProfessor, I will active the soil 36h before :) Also, will add some perlite to make it mor airy!

The advantage of the AirPot is that the transplant is theoretically very easy, only opening the pot by the sides with care. I hope I manage to do that without disturbing too much the roots! I will post some images once done.

meninas2.jpg

An update on these girls ...

Following suggestions, I gave the plants the initial nutrients (BioBizz Grow, 1/2 dosis) and it seems like the deficiency is not spreading to other leaves. I also noticed that they got taller :) Thanks!

I am planning to transplant them soon to larger and final 3 gallons Airpots (my grow space is quite small). I will use what I have here: BioBizz All-Mix soil that seems to contain some nutrients in it. @NuttyProfessor, I will active the soil 36h before :) Also, will add some perlite to make it mor airy!

The advantage of the AirPot is that the transplant is theoretically very easy, only opening the pot by the sides with care. I hope I manage to do that without disturbing too much the roots! I will post some images once done.

meninas2.jpg
Hey my friend, I use the air pots 3 gal and your right they are super easy to transplant. The soil is the key to starting out right I messed up at first and used poor soil the Fox Farm soil is great. i like your little air pots.

Hey man, thanks for the reply! I think my mistake was also start with lightmix soil, that is very poor in terms of nutes. I tried another approach to mix lightmix (2/3) with all-mix (1/3) and the results were much better! Now I am starting a new one with 50-50%. Let's see how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom