Young Yoda's Organic Autothon Adventure - Beginner Setup - Dinafem 3 Strains

Young Yoda

Welcome, welcome one and all! I am Young Yoda, a budget-oriented very much amateur grower who wants to teach and learn.

First off, I've no idea what I'm doing! The mysteries of the photoperiod plant still evade me and I'm going to attempt some autoflowers? I must be crazy! But that's no problem, you see, the plan is to pop a seed every month. Mess one up? We've like 12 more to go! Yay!

Up front is a cheap 2x4 grow tent I snagged off the internet somewhere. In it are two Mars Hydro 300w LED panels. These are the originals which supposedly deliver 180w true. Don't think you can get them in the US anymore. In the corner you'll catch a glimpse of a 4in phresh filter which is hooked up to a 6in fan run at half speed when it is on. It is not on right now since I just finished my last photoperiods, but I figure I'll need the filter again in 2-3months so I'm leaving hooked up. For now I'll just have a small fan blowing air through the tent door. Temps maxing out around 82 but typically 80. RH around 50%

The plan is to perpetually cycle 3-4 plants through the tent. If I feel like I am running out of space, I have plenty of CFLs to grow out the seedlings for a while elsewhere.
IMG_20160808_124859.jpg

We're going two routes for nutrients: supersoil and tea.
My compost is a pretty standard mix but I did add a few things that aren't pictured in my ingredients tub like crab meal. I did add worms and I used a plastic tub without drainage to cook it for about 8 months now. (extensive regular mixing required) Fed lots of kitchen waste the first few months.
The supersoil went about halfway up the 3 gallon plastic pot and I filled it the rest of the way with an organic soil. I was thinking FFOF but I decided to go cooler. Maybe we will change that.
IMG_20160807_122338.jpg
IMG_20160729_141709.jpg
IMG_20160807_122629.jpg

We're running Dinofem here, I've got some Sour Diesel and Critical Cheese, but up first: Bubba Kush! (Indica-dominant)
IMG_20160729_122435.jpg

Now, ladies and gentlemen is the moment you've all been waiting for! Please stand up, interrupt, and have a hell of a time! Thank you!

Nice plant you got here man, I will be watching this one. Good job on the topping. I'm making my own tea too, but I did not put the plant matter into a stocking, so more work for me :D I hope your girl will grow strong and bushy. There is a journal by PakaCordova with similar setup you have here. Paka's grow

Oh man that recharge is killer, I'm glad you mentioned it. I add a sprinkle to bubbling water and I get insta-foam!

Thanks for the journal!! Always looking for a good read :nomo: Lots of similarities, except it was a photoperiod of course.. There's also an extra node on Hestia, and I don't want to waste it. Hmmmm. Hopefully the ponytailing does the trick.

Thanks for stopping by, keep it strong and bushy as well my friends!

Oh man that recharge is killer, I'm glad you mentioned it. I add a sprinkle to bubbling water and I get insta-foam!

Thanks for the journal!! Always looking for a good read :nomo: Lots of similarities, except it was a photoperiod of course.. There's also an extra node on Hestia, and I don't want to waste it. Hmmmm. Hopefully the ponytailing does the trick.

Thanks for stopping by, keep it strong and bushy as well my friends!

Yeah he topped it very early. And some plants react differently to topping, I grow White Russian for 2nd time and she doesn't like it that much. And the ponytailing looks interesting I will keep an eye on this one. Good job man, looks like you have decided what you want. That's great. Happy growing. :Namaste:

The ponytailing idea I took from a grower named a-train, he had several journals on here I was reading. He sure was an auto master. I suppose the idea is to restrict the light to the main growth tip while putting in some extra light on all those lower nodes. Help it bush up some :)

And hey I'm just trying to find a way to grow faster, bigger, better buds ya know! Whatever works and I mean it

The ponytailing idea I took from a grower named a-train, he had several journals on here I was reading. He sure was an auto master. I suppose the idea is to restrict the light to the main growth tip while putting in some extra light on all those lower nodes. Help it bush up some :)

And hey I'm just trying to find a way to grow faster, bigger, better buds ya know! Whatever works and I mean it

Yeah just find what serves you best and go fiddle with it. I agree with you on this. Thanks for the tip. Keep it up man! :Namaste:

DAY 25

It's been a busy week with weights, tie downs, pinching, tip opening you name it! I refuse to back up off her she needs more more more training. The tips are starting to get firm however... You may even catch a glimpse of a pistil or two if you look closely enough. SO at some point here I'm just gonna have to let her go. What else, that little bit of white on the stem is superglue :smokin: Still haven't given any flower teas yet but that's up soon. Oh and yes, my weights are change taped to tomato wire
IMG_20160826_164649.jpg
IMG_20160826_165057.jpg
IMG_20160826_164842.jpg
IMG_20160826_181834.jpg

Annd in the last one she's been tied down for the day :high-five:

Til next time :volcano-smiley:

Well well somebody showed up a bit overdressed!
DAY 1
IMG_20160830_100235.jpg

Say hello to Pachamama!
I tried to get this one going sooner but she took her sweet time with things. (No wonder hauling along her junk *grumble grumble*)
Considering how short veg was for Hestia I'm planning on popping these beans more frequently than every month. My real goal is to fill the tent up and keep it full! So I will have to get a feel for the schedule with these autos but I will keep tightening it up.
DAY 2
IMG_20160831_145206.jpg

However, based on the looks here I just decided to go ahead and pop another Critical Cheese. Hey we've got the space right :) So another will be coming along soon.

Oh also if you're wondering what's up with all the perlite, this gosh darn soil seems to have brought around some fungus gnats.. grr. Just trying to fight em off

Hestia is doing well and starting to really pistil up. Got her first flower tea yesterday. Sorry about these pics they coulda been better. I do like the way the pistils glow under the led though :cool:
DAY 29
IMG_20160830_173915.jpg

DAY 30
IMG_20160831_151250.jpg

Back
Top Bottom