Young Yoda's Organic Autothon Adventure - Beginner Setup - Dinafem 3 Strains

Here are some normal light photos I snagged yesterday!

DAY 26
Chasca is a healthy girl and although I was not liking her uneven structure she has really filled out! I did finally do a fim on her main tip. Maybe with a bit more attention than I've given this could be a good training routine.
IMG_20161005_185143.jpg

DAY 37
Pacha looks nice too.. ;)
IMG_20161005_185042.jpg

DAY 65
Damn this girl looks sadly.. Little lesson for ya eh. Gonna have to watch the pH!
The buds themselves actually look quite frosty and are surprisingly firm despite her health.
IMG_20161005_184823.jpg
IMG_20161005_184912.jpg
]

Oh and I almost forgot! We have a new Sour D.. :tommy:Maya!
IMG_20161006_232224.jpg

Off she grows!! :bongrip:

Good job! Every mistake one makes is making him better grower. I also learned the hard way! Pacha look awesome, and I bet you will still get very decent results with the Hestia. Good luck! :love: :Namaste:

Well folks this has been going a little over two months now and it looks like I'm about done with my first girl Hestia! There isn't a whole lot of green left on her and I think it's about that time. Into the closet she goes!
Here she is getting her final flush.
DAY 70
IMG_20161010_202802.jpg

I am quite amazed at how fast I got her to squeeze out some buds. If I want to get six plants in there at once I may have to pick up the pace! :slide:

DAY 42
IMG_20161010_211659.jpg

Pachamama... Kickin butt and stretching a lot latelly!

DAY 31
IMG_20161010_211520.jpg

Chasca looking frazzled after a tie down. She didn't seem to like the fim much, it was possibly a little late. This structure is killing me. Yea it's a cool base but the asymmetry drives me nuts. I've had to push the creative borders for tie down methods and it's been feeling like more effort than it's worth lol.

DAY 8
IMG_20161010_211826.jpg

Last but not least, the up and coming Maya! She's under 24/0 to see if we can't push the veg a little longer.

That's it then, Yoda out! :bigtoke:

So after a few days in the closet I cut Hestia down but unfortunately she seemed like not fully filled in yet. Mostly the bottoms were still very fluffy popcorn type buds. Not a big worry she was the first after all and I'll just pop the fluff in the trim bag but I wonder if I didn't let her go long enough or if it was the pH issues? I'm working hard to keep Pacha healthy so I should get a more accurate feel on the next one.

Here are the ladies (yesterday):

DAY 47
IMG_20161016_000731.jpg

DAY 36
IMG_20161016_000720.jpg

That FIM was definitely late. There are like three or four new growths coming from that area that are already firming up.. Hopefully the stretch will give them some space to work with!

DAY 13
IMG_20161016_000710.jpg

Maya seems to be a healthy girl I topped her right before this photo. Still in 24/0 this way we can see if the topping has anything to do with her blooming.

That's all for now! Yoda out :hookah:

Great job man! They all look healthy and happy and that's what counts! I've had more fun and satisfaction growing than smoking. I like the topping under 24/7 I hope she will grow wide and tall for you! Happy growing! :love: :Namaste:

Thanks for hanging around Tomula! I feel ya on the love of growing it is its own joy without a doubt. I am having a bit of trouble though..

DAY 52
IMG_20161020_154758.jpg
IMG_20161020_154856.jpg
IMG_20161020_154808.jpg

AHhh cal deficiency that's getting worse! I noticed a few dots two days ago. What I did was water with heavy silica and cal-mag and pH to 6.5. It came out 6.4 which means 6.3 in the soil? Confirms maybe it is a bit low? Was hoping that would bring it up enough to solve this issue, but seems not. Next I'll try to flush out hard and bring the pH up more too.. Am I on the right track? Would really like to fix this one..

DAY 41
IMG_20161020_154644.jpg

DAY 18
IMG_20161020_154415.jpg
IMG_20161020_155408.jpg

Maya is doing well, so far she's had a similar training as Hestia. No ponytailing of the topped main however, rather I tried it on the lower growths which are taking off. I'm worried about that bottom node filling in.

DAY 3
IMG_20161020_154953.jpg

Lastly, the latest Critical Cheese, Copacati, with some funny looking true leaves.

Hello Yoda, I wish I could help with the nutes, but I do not really get the bottled stuff. I hope you get over this. You can ask peeps here: Frequently Asked Questions Or just go through it, I have found some useful info there. Cheers! :cheer: :Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Whoops, looks like I let things slide here for too long. But I haven't given up on my dream of a tent full o autos! :)

Here's how things are going now:

DAY 89
Pacha has been a real relief to me, monitering pH carefully and adding a bit a maxibloom at the end really helped her out. I think she made a pretty full recovery, most of the discolorations have been on her leaves for a while now.
IMG_20161119_194958.jpg

IMG_20161119_195013.jpg

DAY 72
Chasca on the other hand, is so sick I'm kind of embarrassed. I really tried to save her too but I guess things got out of hand too fast. She's a lump of sick plant material covered in sticky oil. I'll turn her into hash.

IMG_20161119_195149.jpg

DAY 49
Maya was the first plant where I really started changing things up. I have kept a close eye on her and so far, no major signs of nute issues. She looks good. I decided to go back to feeding synthetic nutes, watching pH and ppm carefully. If she makes it through happy I think I will have to blame my organic supersoil.. The only explanation I can thing of for all those sicks girls is that the soil is simply not nutrient rich enough or not well balanced. I've never underfed before, but I guess I could make sense.

IMG_20161119_194718.jpg

IMG_20161119_194906.jpg

DAY 34
Copacati has come along very nicely, she is basically a two nodal flux. I like the structure a lot, I think she may have the widest stance yet.

IMG_20161119_195540.jpg

DAY 20
Hera is my new Bubba Kush, I decided to try an extremely early flux. I do like to leave most extra leaves and just bend them down so she won't ever look too bare.

IMG_20161119_195901.jpg

DAY 5
Annnd the new Critical Cheese, Mama Oello.

IMG_20161119_200059.jpg

So big wrap up, my shot at organic growing has been a colossal failure. I think I read somewhere how if you pH / ppm moniter your water you are being a silly sheep and thinking in hydro terms when it doesn't matter. But that has been very contrary to my experiences.. So far the only way to keep these girls happy has been to do just that! SO i'll just stick with it :)

Hi Yoda, I must say, you got some nice plants here. Good luck with the hash girl but I think there are some decent buds as she doesn't look that shabby. Keep it up! Awesome flux going on! I did cut mine and the buds are hanging now. Happy growing! :love: :Namaste:

Thanks Tom you are the best, even though you tease me cuz my buds are small. Hehe. Happy growing pal!

It's not about the size, but how they smoke. Ok the hash girl will be good for hash. The rest? Great. You have what on there- 30g+? (hard to say from photos) If I had to pay for 20, that's around 150 dollars on street where I live. For that money you can CFL your own 20g and you know what it is. How far are the lights? You can put them up to 18' from plants. Even closer if the temps are good. You can also try 12/12 from seed, that's kinda like auto, but you use ordinary photo plants. You keep what you are doing and there will be some nice buds coming for sure! :love: :Namaste:

You are right T what kind of crazy would not spend that money on grow stuff??

Lights at 18". Its funny I have noticed a little purpling effect at the tips but it seems just the right amount.. a lil color, no damage :)

I am having fun with the autos but I already want to grow bigger plants lol
I will finish the autos of these strains and then do what normal people do and throw one or two in with the photo plants.

I am excited for your next budding party! I will sneak in even if you don't invite me:smokin:

You are right T what kind of crazy would not spend that money on grow stuff??

Lights at 18". Its funny I have noticed a little purpling effect at the tips but it seems just the right amount.. a lil color, no damage :)

I am having fun with the autos but I already want to grow bigger plants lol
I will finish the autos of these strains and then do what normal people do and throw one or two in with the photo plants.

I am excited for your next budding party! I will sneak in even if you don't invite me:smokin:

Nice photos, that's gonna be lot of buds for you! My party will always be on my thread, so you are always welcome. My camera is in repair so no pics now for the time being. Cheers!

Well as I try to prevent further damage to maya a quick update:

I've taken the two oldest, Pacha and Chasca out of the tent. I found a bit of PM/budrot in some of the shaded and sheltered interiors, augg. Mostly the sick one and it wasn't too bad though.. I think I am gonna try sm-90 in the future as prevention.
Here's pacha in a box.
IMG_20161128_0030021.jpeg

Quick tent shot!
IMG_20161128_003213.jpeg

My, my is the 14 day difference in the middle stark. I think I may have stunted little Hera topping too early.
Ok, back to work!

Maya oh Maya is she sick

IMG_20161205_160758.jpeg

She looks pretty fried it has been suggested this is overfeeding, I think I agree. I am very surprised though. I will have to fight harder for these girls!

Copacati looks really great though. High hopes to get her through healthy.
IMG_20161205_160428.jpeg

The little flux attempt came out very stunted, lol.. Looks very much like an auto!
IMG_20161205_160434.jpeg

Three arms!
IMG_20161205_160439.jpeg

Happy growing!

Hello Yoda, looking awesome! Sweet harvest! You've just stuck the stems in the box or did you secured them somehow? Great stuff. I think you will be very pleased with Copacati. Great learning curve you got here I did underfed my first plant. I bet you will grow like a pro after few more plants! Cheers! :love: :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom