Your embarrassing newbie story

Tried growing for the first time last year. Spent waaaaay too much money on a grow box and everything to go with it. About $1000.00 all told. Grow box claimed to be able to grow up to 5 pound a year. Was a small hydro setup. Put in 5 white Widow from CKS. Slowly managed to kill 4 and ended up with one tiny thing. Yielded about 5 grams out of 5 plants. Did everything wrong. Measured water ph with a soil tester and guess what? It wasn't the same as a proper tester. I was probably ph ing around 4 or 5 the whole time. Ended up fighting algae in the water and things went south from there. Have improved since but still learning all the time. For weeds, these plants sure are delicate as well as resilient. Am in week 7 flower this time in soil. Will do ok. Read the ph and ppm runoff for the first time at about 6 weeks and was running the ppm at about 2200 and ph at 7.4 Did a good flushing (as advised on this forum). Now the ph is around 6.8 and ppm is around 1100. Plants are not tall at about 30 inches but have 11 main colas about a foot long each with 2 plants and filling in nicely. These poor things spent their first few weeks in one gallon plastic pots with very poor drainage. Almost sitting in mud. Up potted to 3 gallon fabric pots. Will be starting 4 WW auto and 2 ww photoperiod in April. So now I'm brilliant (compared to when I started) and look forward to a bountiful crop this summer. We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom