Your unknown social media & Google presence, known or unknown, legal grow or not

I just wanted to put this out there since I haven’t seen anyone touch on the subject here. You/mine/our personal privacy.

I bring this up because of something that happened about 3 months after buying my first home, my neighbor came over to my house in a panic after coming home and finding her house broken into, she was the first home with her husband and kids still at work/school. She took refuge at my house with my girlfrienat the time and me until the police arrived. I’ll never forget the look of fear and panic in that poor woman’s eyes (they actually ended up selling and moving last fall). When the police got there to investigate and take her statement, the officer said something I’ll never forget, a lot of criminals are using Google Streetview to scope out neighborhoods also old Zillow/Redfine/Realtor.com listings and photos on Google images to scope out the onside of residences. Once I heard this I immediately Google searched my address and found 64 photos of the interior of my home from multiple realtor listings on the internet. I emailed all of the them and reported the images on Google, stating that I owned (I’m sure if you rent your argument would be valid as well) the home and they needed to remove the photos out fear of endangerment of my family’s safety in a very cease and desist sounding manner (need to make it sound serious life or death for some people to give a damn and respond quickly I find). I also reported my home on Google Streetview (Google how to do it lol) so no one can see the exterior of my home from the photo taken from their car (it’s a blurred out image of my home now). I did this because of my girlfriend’s and my own personal safety at the time. That was over 3 years ago when I wasn’t growing and I’m glad I did it because now that I’m back growing, you never know who may be scoping out the front of your home and interior layout, especially since the POLICE were the ones who told me about all of this. This is just some advice for all of us that are growing, legal or not in your state (in USA), it’s still illegal federally (in USA) and if “it” ever hits the fan (picture Airplane) and the crackdown of this plant begins just remember who might already know how to get around your home. That’s just my two cents on the entire matter.

Legitimate security company signs in the yard and on the windows help too. I think it attributed to my neighbors being robbed vs. me. The old homeowners had left the local security company’s signs in the yard and on the windows corner when they moved out and I left them in place even though I don’t use a security company. I only use the local alarm feature on my security system now. I didn’t know that most security system have a local alarm setting meaning you don’t have to pay for a service provider as long as you know that only the alarms in your home would go off if there’s a fire or break in, nobody is calling you or police/fire for you. At the very least you or your neighbors will hear the alarms going off.

I would pray for the brave souls, that dare to enter my house, this old retired ranger would throw 'em a beating like they never had, plus, being an old retired ranger, there's at least one loaded weapon in each room, if not more...thank God I live in a rural area, easier to get rid of...well, waste to put it nicely :thumb:

I would pray for the brave souls, that dare to enter my house, this old retired ranger would throw 'em a beating like they never had, plus, being an old retired ranger, there's at least one loaded weapon in each room, if not more...thank God I live in a rural area, easier to get rid of...well, waste to put it nicely :thumb:
Love it
You sir would not be the one to bother
Thanks for your service
:passitleft:

Legitimate security company signs in the yard and on the windows help too. I think it attributed to my neighbors being robbed vs. me. The old homeowners had left the local security company’s signs in the yard and on the windows corner when they moved out and I left them in place even though I don’t use a security company. I only use the local alarm feature on my security system now. I didn’t know that most security system have a local alarm setting meaning you don’t have to pay for a service provider as long as you know that only the alarms in your home would go off if there’s a fire or break in, nobody is calling you or police/fire for you. At the very least you or your neighbors will hear the alarms going off.

Oh thats excellent good to know. We have a heavy duty security system they wanted me to pay like $120/month to arm it. I said a turkey gun will do thanks but no thanks.

Someone on my property my dogs will know and let me know and then I'll be ready and waiting.

Thank you for your service.

In a home its hand to hand. Anyone coming into our home wont know their way around. oops lights out..... and man down.

If they turn on a flashlight they be looking down the barrel of a trench gun.

Thank you for your service.

In a home its hand to hand. Anyone coming into our home wont know their way around. oops lights out..... and man down.

If they turn on a flashlight they be looking down the barrel of a trench gun.
No need to thank me, I made a conscious decision to defend my country, and, I got a damn good pension/retirement for it :rofl:

Not to mention, I have a well stocked "panic room" :rofl::rofl::popcorn: ...and for all of you that have never seen a old rangers panic room...here ya go....
weapons storage.jpg

Ithaca Gun Co makes one that I like even has a shoulder strap and can hook up a bayonet also.
In case you run out of ammo.... an all, right before you start throwing rocks. lol

Model 37 I think. I was going to get one when they were like 300 but after covid they are 700 which totally sucks for me. I want one I can strap to the side of my tractor for when the deer start attacking me. True story... and rabbits/racoons in my garden patch.

No need to thank me, I made a conscious decision to defend my country, and, I got a damn good pension/retirement for it :rofl:

Not to mention, I have a well stocked "panic room" :rofl::rofl::popcorn: ...and for all of you that have never seen a old rangers panic room...here ya go....
weapons storage.jpg

Your killin me. Im pretty jelly of that room.

Technology is a double edge sword. Criminals can use it but so can cops. Criminals are looking for easy access with no risk . Just because they can see your house etc doesn’t put you at risk unless you have a stalker or something. If that’s the case it doesn’t matter what you do. It just gives them satisfaction that you are scared and they made you feel that way. Now I’m not saying don’t blur your house etc. I’m just trying to put a little ease out there.

weapons storage.jpg

HOLY FUCK GOOD SIR. IF we ever meet up in real life, I'll be sure to call ahead.

weapons storage.jpg
How much pot could you grow in that room?! Wow that’s an impressive collection.
Congratulations again on the motm :snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom