Yummytrees First Grow - Soil/Hydro - Multiple Strains

Yummytrees

Hello:welcome:, iv been on the 420 forums for some time now using it as a resource for my first current grow and decided it was time to create an account. I created an account to keep a journal going so I can read back and learn from any mistakes iv made and to seek help from others. Please feel free to give some advice.

Here's my rig

Strains: 1. Black Jack - 50/50 Indica/Sativa
2. El Aquamista - 70/30
3. Devil Fruit - 70/30
4. Double Berry - 80/20
5. Cream Caramel Auto - 90/10
6. Sweet Tai - 30/70
7. Random - ?/?

Life Stage- Veg
Birth - 1.Black Jack - 4/26/13
2. El Aquamista - 5/4/13
3. Devil Fruit - 5/19/13
4. Double Berry - 5/19/13
5. Cream Caramel - 5/19/13
6. Sweet Tai - 5/19/13
7. Random - 4/9/13

Indoor Grow with soil/hydro mix. Soil is Fox Farms ocean floor and root riot cubes for seeds/seedlings/clones.

Lights: Small tent (2' X 2' X 5') - T5 96 watt blue tubes
Big tent (4' X 4' 7') - 2 air cooled MH/HPS 400 watts

Temps/RH: Small tent - 70-80 F 50-60
Big Tent - 77-85 F

I change the water of the hydro every 2 weeks and I water the soil whenever they need it.

Nutrients: Fox Farm Trio

The small tent is my seedling room, and the big tent is my main veg/flower room.

Pics soon!

Small tent
IMG_025824.JPG

Big tent
IMG_025925.JPG

Black Jack
IMG_026125.JPG

El Aquamista
IMG_026025.JPG

Random
IMG_026228.JPG

hydro
IMG_026326.JPG

Hello and :welcome: To :420: :thumb:

Nice setup like the top feed for sure:thumb:

"random" looks thirsty -----> when watering soil IMO... dont water a lil bit everyday insyead it is better to water thoroughly and let dry out to a degree. What this will do is promote better root development and allow them to stretch through out pots instead of growing straight down and becoming root bound :( Also dont add nutes every time you water. you will develop a salt build up and either start locking out or getting nute burn with young plants i would feed them every other watering or once a week depending on how they respond. Hope this was a lil help>

IMO>>> remove all the dead leaves on the bottoms. Your room temp and RH look good! what is ph and temp of hydro rez?

Be cautious when mixing nutes for ur soil ocean forrest is full of goodness and its super easy to nuke em especially when there young.

Thanks man! :thanks: Appreciate you insights

I usually try to give them enough water to the point that they last 2 or 3 days before their next watering (30-40% run off each watering). Before each watering , whether or not the plant is wilty or not, I do the lift the pot method and try to determine that the best i can, And i stick my fingers an inch or two deep and if it feels pretty dry i give em a watering. No nutrients have been used on the soil at all except with the "Random" plant. After i did that he grew a inch in a day and is now back on his slow slow slow grind that hes been in since day one :/

As for the hydro. I shot for 5.5-6 with my ph water reader and I have a TDC meter, which i used to calculate 500 ppms. As for temp checking the hydro res, i have no idea how to exactly.

Lots of good news! The el aquamista grew at least an inch 1/2 and is starting to look better after her pruning and 6.5-7 phd water i gave her last night. Shes 8" 1/2. As for the black jack, her new stems are still growing, i got a good picture of it. Random is still slow but hes starting to speed up a tad in growth. Thinking maybe I should put him in a bigger pot with more soil. I also started germinating more seeds last night. 2 grand daddy purps (r), 1 LA Chocolate (f), 1 Green poison (f), 1 Darkstar (f). Once these guys are planted and sprouted im leaving them under t5 until after my first harvest of what I have now. Im hoping on also cloning my blackjack and el aquamista. Anyone got any info on this that they can share. Are my plants ready? recomoned rooting gel/powder/whatever.

As for the rest of my seedlings, they are all doing fine. Just a waiting game now.

Small Tent
IMG_027122.JPG

Big tent
IMG_027025.JPG

Black jack
IMG_026730.JPG

IMG_026628.JPG

El aquamista
IMG_026926.JPG

subscribed. i would stop spraying the leaves unless you are either foliar feeding or spraying for bugs. water droplets left over on the leaves will burn the leaves and damage them.

Howdy King! :welcome:
Really? I heard spraying your plants promotes strong strong stems. I was basically doing it as if the sprayer was the morning dew that settles every morning.

I went to my hydro shop today and picked up some bigger buckets that im guna use for transplanting 1 week before flowering. I think i will transplant "random" here soon. His pot is not filled with enough soil. I Also got more soil and i picked up "Olivia's" clowning gel. I got my hands on some organic tea made outa corn from the guy for free, but the dam bag had a leak on it and I had to dump it.

I also cleaned up the big grow tent a bit and made it more space managed. Im going to start my own watering scheduled soon so I keep easier track of their last watering and hopefully get them all on a similar feeding/watering scheduled.
IMG_027928.JPG

El aquamista is doing great! Shes the biggest outa all of them now and she has great growth. Black jack is starting to speed up its growth after I topped it. Everything else seems to be on track except that i dropped my temp/humidity reader (AGAIN :straightface:) on top of one of the devil fruit seedlings in the small tent on accident. Shes fine, besides being a little bit bent, but hey im looking at it as if it were low stress training XD

Pics later tonight!

to pH adjust your soil mixture you will need to start with pH 6.5 water and water your plants. measure the run off and water until you see pH 6.5 coming out. i notice your leaves are yellowing and your lights are far above your plants. for every foot above your plants the light diminishes to 1/4 per foot. you can lower your lights if you stop spraying your leaves with water or else they will become light burned. place your hand underneath the lights to the point you can not feel heat from the light, then lower your light to that level. of course you will need to raise the lights as your plants grow, but try to keep them in a zone where they are getting the most light available without heat from the light.

without using a light meter, here is a chart that may illustrate how much light your plants are getting.

footcandlechart.jpg

to pH adjust your soil mixture you will need to start with pH 6.5 water and water your plants. measure the run off and water until you see pH 6.5 coming out. i notice your leaves are yellowing and your lights are far above your plants. for every foot above your plants the light diminishes to 1/4 per foot. you can lower your lights if you stop spraying your leaves with water or else they will become light burned. place your hand underneath the lights to the point you can not feel heat from the light, then lower your light to that level. of course you will need to raise the lights as your plants grow, but try to keep them in a zone where they are getting the most light available without heat from the light.

without using a light meter, here is a chart that may illustrate how much light your plants are getting.

Lowered my HID's a good bit, and i plan on ph testing my run off next watering. I will water 6.5 phd water again.
Iv been trying to figure out a feed schedule. How does water, water, feed sound?

Big grow tent. Lights lowered.
IMG_029314.JPG

Back
Top Bottom