Yvonne Kersey Avoids Jail Time

Weedpipe

420 Member
Former New Albany mayoral candidate Yvonne Kersey avoided jail time Thursday after pleading guilty to maintaining a common nuisance, a class D felony, but had three other charges against her, possession of marijuana, dealing marijuana and possession of paraphernalia, dropped.

Kersey received an 18-month sentence, all suspended. She must also pay court fees and perform 100 hours of community service, according to papers filed in Floyd County Circuit Court.

Kersey, 55, ran for mayor in 1999 and 2003 losing both times in the Democratic primary.

In February of 2008, Kersey, and her husband Frank Lucchese, were arrested after New Albany Police Department officers were invited into the home, in the 600 block of E. Main Street, by Kersey to investigate an alleged computer crime.

The officers smelled burnt marijuana and asked to search the house. Officers located more than 20 pounds of processed marijuana along with growing marijuana plants.

In October, Lucchese, 61, was sentenced to 18 months at the Indiana Department of Correction, six months of home incarceration and two years of probation for growing marijuana after entering a blind plea to class C felony dealing marijuana.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The News and Tribune
Author: CHRIS MORRIS
Copyright: Associated Press 2009
Website:The News and Tribune - Yvonne Kersey avoids jail time

Am i the only one who see's a problem with this? WTF? :roorrip:

20 pounds, not much. it makes sense.

Hey, theres some college kid with a bit over an ounce, lets take his ass to jail and destroy his future chance with the university he was at, or any! Hopefully his celly is part of a gang and he gets mixed up with that business so when he gets out we have another gang member to deal with! yay! :cheer: go team.

Flank : Could'nt have said it better!! I feel the same way , we have made criminal's out of people simply using a plant to better their live's. And to add to that look at the corruption we have made in other countries or gang's that have developed because of our worthless Government. Our government Has done this all by them selve's, and they still can't figure it out. I'm Baffled totally.

Back
Top Bottom