KCKronic

I'm in east GTA, Pickering. Here's the current story in photos up to flower.

May6_IMG_1504.JPG

May25_Transplant_IMG_2989.JPG
June1_IMG_0008.JPG
preflowerJune8_DSCN0308.jpg
NLAF_3_IMG_3182.jpg
IMG_305417.JPG
NL_Day48_DSCN0323.jpg

What Strain is it? CropKingSeeds Northern Lights Auto Feminized
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 70% Indica, 20% Sativa, 10% Ruderalis
How Many Plants? Four
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering Stage
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 49 on June 18
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 7 days
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? FFOF with Clay Pebbles, ProMix Organic, Perlite, Dolomitic Lime
If Soil... What Size Pot? 3 gallon Smart Pot
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? One 1000 HPS (30 inches away from canopy)
Is it Air Cooled? Yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? High 77F, Low 69F
RH of Room/Cabinet? Room RH is 45%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.0 soil pH
How Often are you Watering? Every third day (half gallon per plant)
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? FF Growbig (discontinued)FF Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom at 2 teaspoons per gallon
Size or Square Footage of Room? 100 square feet

Looking good. Whats the update?

Hello Dmac,
Day 78 with autos and only 3 weeks into flower. Had to force them with 12/12. Looking good though. They maxed out at 5 feet tall which is not an attribute of auto flowers. Only supposed to be 3 feet or so. New photo soon...

Whats up ya'll, Im growing 4 of the same strain from the same providers (crop Kings) im gonna post my progress and if you guys have any tips i'd love to hear you out! This is my first grow ever and im pretty excited!

I went on vacation for a week, and I got back yesterday (July 20) and these are what my babies look like now! Just about 3 weeks in.
420-magazine-mobile487092403.jpg
420-magazine-mobile422790646.jpg

Hey WCJ. Welcome. I started in solo cups. Recommendation for auto flowering plants is to start them in a 3 gallon pot. This prevents transplanting later on when they are in flower stage.

How about describing your setup. Or drop the link for your journal.

This is day 11
420-magazine-mobile1623407030.jpg

The plant in the bottom right corner has been struggling a bit in comparison to the other plants.

I wouldn't worry about the little one. Felonious and I grew Northern Lights from Crop King in our winter grow and we had one that we called "The Runt" but the "The Runt" ended up being the best of the bunch. I think Felonious gave it some kind of root stimulator to help it along at one point but you'd have to check out our first grow journal as my memory is foggy on the details. The link to the completed grow journal is in my signature line.

I don't know why you and KCKronic are growing Northern Lights but I love it. Not only did it smell great when it was flowering but it works very well for my anxiety. I hope it does as well for both of you as it does for me.

By the way, :welcome: to 420.

I wouldn't worry about the little one. Felonious and I grew Northern Lights from Crop King in our winter grow and we had one that we called "The Runt" but the "The Runt" ended up being the best of the bunch. I think Felonious gave it some kind of root stimulator to help it along at one point but you'd have to check out our first grow journal as my memory is foggy on the details. The link to the completed grow journal is in my signature line.

I don't know why you and KCKronic are growing Northern Lights but I love it. Not only did it smell great when it was flowering but it works very well for my anxiety. I hope it does as well for both of you as it does for me.

By the way, :welcome: to 420.

Thanks! I choose Northern Lights because it's the first auto flower I read up on and it seems like a easy project.

Alright so here's the girls at 3 Weeks! I spotted one yellow spot on one of the leaves. This is my set up. 2x2x4 with a 400W Led light, 2 small clip on fans.
For soul I used Pro Mix organic herbs and vegetables (whatever you call it). Currently no nutes. I'm not entirely sure if I should be watering them every day or every few days. So far been watering every day. As mention this is the Northern Lights Autoflower. I bought the 5 seed pack but 1 seed did not sprout.
420-magazine-mobile1394147853.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1588469474.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1784004418.jpg
420-magazine-mobile927025428.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1989014583.jpg

I'm not using fluorescent lighting but my hot 1000 watt hps is closer to the plants than your lights. You may want to lower yours somewhat. Just sayin.

Ahhhh ok ok I've been thinking. I thought about giving it more space but I'll try moving the lights closer and see how that works! Thanks!

Watering frequency depends on how much water is given to the plant at a time. A little bit every day is counter productive to root development. I try giving somewhat more water but skipping a few days until they are "drier". Checking the moisture level by lifting the pot and getting used to it's dry weight is one way to figure out when to water again. I simply water when the pot feels light. Alternatively, I will stick a finger in a couple of inches and gauge the moisture by feel. I also leave a wooden skewer in the soil too and can tell the moisture level by the dampness of the stick.

Your plants look great but at three weeks you should start considering nutrients. I used some Pro Mix Premium Organic Veg and Herb Mix with the Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil as the main component. These bags say they will feed plants for three months but they lack the trace minerals required for good vegging and blooming phases so I used the Fox Farm Trio (Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom) this grow. Start by using a fraction of the recommended dosage of what ever nutrients you decide upon. An eighth dose to start and increase gradually. My next grow nutrients will be Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow pH Perfect for a change. So do your research and decide upon a set of nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom