Zephyrs Cherry 18 Grow

Zephyrs

OK here's my first attempt at a grow journal. I am showcasing Crockett Family Farms Cherry 18. Which is a cross of the clone only cherry pie cut crossed with an OG #18 (a select Kush I believe). She is an indica dominant hybrid at 75/25 indica/sativa.

She is being grown indoors in about a 2.5x2.5x4 foot space. In a five gallon pot filled with a locally sourced super soil. That is a coco based soil. She sprouted on Dec 10th. And was transplanted on Dec 19th. She is being grown under a LED that draws just over 100 watts from the wall. Samsung diodes and a meanwhile driver.

I have a small fan running 24/7 for airflow. My temps. are between 70-82 degrees. And I have had a little problem with low humidity as I can't get it over 50%. My nutrients I am using is the Roots Organics Uprising line of the grow, foundation, and bloom.. It is a dry nutrient that I top dress every 3 weeks about. As well I am using worm castings and un-sulphered blackstrap mollasas and coconut water. I have been lightly watering every few days as I just transplanted a week ago. But now she is drinking a bit more and has put on some greenage since. Now since it is coco/peat soil, I have been battling fungas knats right outta the gate, damit!!

Feel free everyone to tag along for the ride. If anybody spots something bad that I dont notice, Then please feel free to mention it. As I feel Constructive Criticism is an OK thing sometimes! And if @Paul Squiggle, @BakedARea Would like to tag along, than that would be Cool!!

OK now enough jibber jabber. Now for some pics. This is my soil. It is pretty loaded to the gills with goodies!
20211227_105129.jpg

And here are a bunch of pics to get all caught up to date. The pics will start at her day 13 mark. The bunch after are day 15 and then Today which is day 17 of Veg. since sprout.
20211223_155425.jpg
20211225_104357.jpg
20211225_104526.jpg
20211225_104558.jpg
20211225_125924.jpg

And here's a few from this morning. Day 17!
20211227_101640.jpg
20211227_101722.jpg
20211227_101824.jpg
20211227_101848.jpg

OK here's my first attempt at a grow journal. I am showcasing Crockett Family Farms Cherry 18. Which is a cross of the clone only cherry pie cut crossed with an OG #18 (a select Kush I believe). She is an indica dominant hybrid at 75/25 indica/sativa.

She is being grown indoors in about a 2.5x2.5x4 foot space. In a five gallon pot filled with a locally sourced super soil. That is a coco based soil. She sprouted on Dec 10th. And was transplanted on Dec 19th. She is being grown under a LED that draws just over 100 watts from the wall. Samsung diodes and a meanwhile driver.

I have a small fan running 24/7 for airflow. My temps. are between 70-82 degrees. And I have had a little problem with low humidity as I can't get it over 50%. My nutrients I am using is the Roots Organics Uprising line of the grow, foundation, and bloom.. It is a dry nutrient that I top dress every 3 weeks about. As well I am using worm castings and un-sulphered blackstrap mollasas and coconut water. I have been lightly watering every few days as I just transplanted a week ago. But now she is drinking a bit more and has put on some greenage since. Now since it is coco/peat soil, I have been battling fungas knats right outta the gate, damit!!

Feel free everyone to tag along for the ride. If anybody spots something bad that I dont notice, Then please feel free to mention it. As I feel Constructive Criticism is an OK thing sometimes! And if @Paul Squiggle, @BakedARea Would like to tag along, than that would be Cool!!

OK now enough jibber jabber. Now for some pics. This is my soil. It is pretty loaded to the gills with goodies!
20211227_105129.jpg

And here are a bunch of pics to get all caught up to date. The pics will start at her day 13 mark. The bunch after are day 15 and then Today which is day 17 of Veg. since sprout.
20211223_155425.jpg
20211225_104357.jpg
20211225_104526.jpg
20211225_104558.jpg
20211225_125924.jpg

And here's a few from this morning. Day 17!
20211227_101640.jpg
20211227_101722.jpg
20211227_101824.jpg
20211227_101848.jpg
Woohoo :woohoo: hope you are good my friend.
I'm in for this one.:popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill

Count me in and thanks for the tag!
Glad you started one. It will be a good source of info, even just for yourself to be able to go back and reference.
I am showcasing Crockett Family Farms Cherry 18. Which is a cross of the clone only cherry pie cut crossed with an OG #18 (a select Kush I believe). She is an indica dominant hybrid at 75/25 indica/sativa.
Hell yeah!!! Crockett genetics are top notch! Looking forward to hearing about the smoke report at the end of this journal! Looks like a yummy variety for sure.

I love the super soil! I have been making my own soil but I may end up buying some pre-made soil too. Fungus gnats...easy but a pain in the ass. If I were you, I would put some mosquito bits in your soil and work it into the top 1/2". Also, soak some mosquito bits and give the soil a drench with it. Should wipe out most of your larvae in that one dose. I also put yellow sticky traps for a couple weeks. Break up the life cycle quick, and then it's just a maintenance thing. Now, I just amend mosquito bits from time to time. No more traps but if I see an adult, they come out immediately. Hope that helps a little.

Glad you started one. It will be a good source of info, even just for yourself to be able to go back and reference.

Hell yeah!!! Crockett genetics are top notch! Looking forward to hearing about the smoke report at the end of this journal! Looks like a yummy variety for sure.

I love the super soil! I have been making my own soil but I may end up buying some pre-made soil too. Fungus gnats...easy but a pain in the ass. If I were you, I would put some mosquito bits in your soil and work it into the top 1/2". Also, soak some mosquito bits and give the soil a drench with it. Should wipe out most of your larvae in that one dose. I also put yellow sticky traps for a couple weeks. Break up the life cycle quick, and then it's just a maintenance thing. Now, I just amend mosquito bits from time to time. No more traps but if I see an adult, they come out immediately. Hope that helps a little.
Alright Buddy, glad to have ya aboard for the journey! And Thanks Much for the mosquito dunk advice! :thanks: It just so happens that I remember I still have a half a package of those dunks (the dry round jobbies) in a box in the closet! That will be included in the next watering or maybe next after.

Do mosquito bits work to effectively kill the larvae if you grind them up and mix into soil dry or is a soil drench better?

Do mosquito bits work to effectively kill the larvae if you grind them up and mix into soil dry or is a soil drench better?
You can grind them down if you want. I personally dump them as-is into my soil. They are great for aeration and they break down quickly. You can also just do a soak and then drench if you want. I have done that plenty of times. I use a tea bag to soak the bits and then I compost the bag and bits afterward.

It's the first time growing Crockett's genetics. But I was absolutely Sold when I seen Cherry Pie was the mother gene!! I once had the famed cut. Still to this day it's my all time favorite. But sadly a few years ago I lost that clone only cut due to unexpected circumstances. I figured why not pull the trigger with Crockett's cross of it!
20211227_163356.jpg
20211227_163455.jpg

They have such a beautiful canopy already! Yeah, Cherry Pie is yuuuummmy! To have had a cut of it?! Daaaaamn it that would be awesome.

But sadly a few years ago I lost that clone only cut due to unexpected circumstances.
Sucks man. Sorry to hear that. How great would it be if this variety ends up with the Cherry Pie dethroned as your favorite! That's my hope for you with this grow now. Blessings!

They have such a beautiful canopy already! Yeah, Cherry Pie is yuuuummmy! To have had a cut of it?! Daaaaamn it that would be awesome.

Sucks man. Sorry to hear that. How great would it be if this variety ends up with the Cherry Pie dethroned as your favorite! That's my hope for you with this grow now. Blessings!
Heee hee oh Yes, if it leans hard tendency to the cherry pie genotype Then I'd be All Giggles :yummy::Rasta: May all be well with you and yours @BakedARea! I feel this little girl has some potential! Updates will be weekly if I can swing it.

Updates will be weekly if I can swing it.
I like to take quick pics every day. Doesn't mean I post everyday though. Just good to have a reference for any issues that might arise and you can look back to see when it started to show. As for updates here, think of it for yourself. Do your best and we'll follow along the best we can. I follow lots of journals and make my way back and forth as time is available.

Yes, if it leans hard tendency to the cherry pie genotype Then I'd be All Giggles :yummy::Rasta:
Hell yeah! I love cherry pie. I need to get some of it now! Haaa haaa.

I like to take quick pics every day. Doesn't mean I post everyday though. Just good to have a reference for any issues that might arise and you can look back to see when it started to show. As for updates here, think of it for yourself. Do your best and we'll follow along the best we can. I follow lots of journals and make my way back and forth as time is available.

Hell yeah! I love cherry pie. I need to get some of it now! Haaa haaa.
I did a Barneys Farm Runtz Muffin last winter about the same timing. In the same exact setup as this little Cherry 18. I struggled with low humidity then also. Because of the cold snow and ambient temps n humidity that is indoor also. But this was the Runtz Muffin I managed to kick up! And she was straight up AS Advertised! Super potent and Very Tasty, like a orange smoothie almost:yummy:

Barneys Farm Runtz Muffin Feb. 2021
20210121_144706.jpg

20210113_050555.jpg

She was a Very Tasty Looker also!!
20210130_095445.jpg
20210128_103809.jpg

I did a Barneys Farm Runtz Muffin last winter about the same timing. In the same exact setup as this little Cherry 18. I struggled with low humidity then also. Because of the cold snow and ambient temps n humidity that is indoor also. But this was the Runtz Muffin I managed to kick up! And she was straight up AS Advertised! Super potent and Very Tasty, like a orange smoothie almost:yummy:

Barneys Farm Runtz Muffin Feb. 2021
20210121_144706.jpg

20210113_050555.jpg

She was a Very Tasty Looker also!!
20210130_095445.jpg
20210128_103809.jpg
Nice!!! :drool:

@HashFart is growing in some cold and low RH . His plants are looking great too. They can tolerate a lot. VPD charts has been helping me lately.

Nice!!! :drool:

@HashFart is growing in some cold and low RH . His plants are looking great too. They can tolerate a lot. VPD charts has been helping me lately.
Thanks @BakedARea! I have done some crazy odd temp. swings with plants as just for experiments purposes. And have found they will produce Buds no matter what.. But optimizing temps and environmental matters, do produce better. Ok I'm not trying to sound like a moron, But What does VPD chart mean?? Sorry it's late at night, I had my Coconut canna-oil, and not all there ATM.:lot-o-toke:

But What does VPD chart mean??
I got you! Great chart to try and optimize growth. Lots of room for optimal growth but it has to be dialed in close in a few spots. Haaa haaa.
Leaf-Vapor-Pressure-Deficit-VPD-5 (1).jpg

Sorry it's late at night, I had my Coconut canna-oil, and not all there ATM.:lot-o-toke:
Awwww man! I love making my own infused coconut oil. I also infuse MCT oil. Today, I just decarbed 2oz of some GSC to make some oil. Hopefully run the cycle this evening.

I got you! Great chart to try and optimize growth. Lots of room for optimal growth but it has to be dialed in close in a few spots. Haaa haaa.
Leaf-Vapor-Pressure-Deficit-VPD-5 (1).jpg

Awwww man! I love making my own infused coconut oil. I also infuse MCT oil. Today, I just decarbed 2oz of some GSC to make some oil. Hopefully run the cycle this evening.
Wow Ok I got some homework to do in the morning! Thanks for that!:thumb: And oh Man I do about 21grams of decarbed bud to 14 liquid oz of coconut oil steep for 3-4 hours And wholly Cow 1 table spoon will flatten me completely into bed for 8 hrs. Later Homie :bong:

Happy New Year Everyone!! This little Cherry 18 is just Blowing Up! I snapped a quick pic. tonight. Update coming tomorrow, after CCO coma :lot-o-toke:
Crockett's Cherry 18 day 22
20220101_194011.jpg

20220101_193851.jpg
Happy New Year! Blessings on a great 2022 and many happy plants!

Back
Top Bottom