Ziminy's KC36 Clone Grow

Ziminy

Okay,
Cloning seems to be my major headache. I've tried everything.
And I've gotten completely opposite advice from people, but tried both.
Warm roots, cold roots. Dome, no dome, nutes, no nutes, gel, powder, nothing.
Etc, etc, etc.
I've gotten clones to root and grow, but it is inconsistent and took over a month to get a viable plant to start vegging.

Sick of all the time and worry.
So, I'm trying yet again.
Got stoned the other night and got a bug up my ass.
Built a cloner from crap around the house.
Heard stories of roots in 24 hours.
Mine are 24 hours old and I don't see any roots.

Stats
1 Gallon cloning reservoir.
Water PH 5.5 (advice has been 5.3 and 5.8, I'm splitting the dif)
Nutes - Couple drops of GH Micro and teaspoon of cloning gel.
Res stays at 74, room temps are 75-78.
I throw an ice cube in at night to simulate cooler night temps.
......and to satisfy the people who say my roots should be kept cooler.
Tablespoon of Hydrogen Peroxide.

Pics after 24 hours
Cloner_041.jpg

Cloner_040.jpg

Cloner_039.jpg

Yea bro! I hope it works out for you! I'll be following along...I suck at cloning. I can get them to root, but it is inconsistent and takes forever. I too, have heard much conflicting advise on this issue. It gets confusing.

I recently made an aerocloner, and they are starting to root...10 days after cutting. Not as fast as I hoped. I hope yours works out for you!

What strain are you cloning? Will they be kept hydro, or put into soil when they root??

I love DIY stuff...great going. :bravo:

I do have one tip. I hear roots are put off by light. Might wanna black out that bottom.

I made a bubble cloner alot like that one. I have been hanging my stalks above the popping bubbles, I never considered putting them in the water with the bubbles...I will be watching to see :popcorn: (can't see why it wouldn't work just fine and maybe better).

Heard another thing that seemed to speed up my last two, I was giving them too much light so they wanted to grow foliage instead of working on the roots (maybe the principle is in dim light the plant works on the stalk instead of foliage? my guess, never heard a reason yet). So I put a book directly over them so all they got was the indirect light in my veg box. I believe my quickest was 12 days...I forget but that sounds right. I might have that info in my journal, but it was in that time frame...:reading420magazine: and my first ones were anywhere from 15-21 days I think, but I was learning too and let slime build up...cleaned up good and started controlling my ph better and added H2O2 regularly after that.

I am here for learning too...hope the bubble masters show up with some tasty info.

:peace: brother. BTW Subscribed....:smokin:

They are KC36 clones from the plant in my grow journal.
Now I don't feel so alone.
Too damn many people saying how easy it is.
And how fast roots grow.
I'm glad others are having the same issues, and the same long times for getting roots.
I don't want to be the only retard. hahahahah.

Person 1...."you're doing everything right, I don't know what to tell you."
Person 2...."you're doing everything wrong, you should read up more"

I saw a discussion somewhere on these forums where somebody said he always had the stems of his clones in the water of his cloner the whole time and had great success. I think in response to somebody saying not to do it.

There's a ton of oxygen in the water, and it made more sense to me to do it that way, so that is why I'm trying it. I'm surprised and pleased that they don't need the dome. I sure hope I am successful too.

:surf:

Also happy because I made it with a plastic salad box, electrical tape and leftover Zebra plastic. Totally free. I used an incense cone to melt a hole in the side for the air tube, and glued it in with a dollop of silicone. Which isn't really necessary, but felt more professional. =)

Oh, and the dome was just a second salad box (without the lid) turned upside down.

Okay,
Cloning seems to be my major headache. I've tried everything.
And I've gotten completely opposite advice from people, but tried both.
Warm roots, cold roots. Dome, no dome, nutes, no nutes, gel, powder, nothing.
Etc, etc, etc.
To many opinions on cloning.
I love people that have a percentage cloning in soil. :thedoubletake: :adore:

Heard stories of roots in 24 hours.
Mine are 24 hours old and I don't see any roots.
Lotsa BS out there.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom