Zinc? Pest?

4ursins

Ok so im struggling to identify cause, initially i suspected pest but im spraying n checking regularly n finding nothing. Im outside bout 2 week old auto. Im starting to consider poss soil ph problem and locking out zinc but ive never seen a zinc definency... anyone wanna throw their their 2 pence in? Ive sprayed with an oil/soap/bleech mix which has been highly effective in past for me. All cold nuits ive not fed anything additional. Soil drains well, cant remember brand ive mixed with bone fish and rabbit droppings. Water with water only my initial thought was mites but im seeing no evidence of pests

Attachments

• 20200719_105457.jpg
    20200719_105457.jpg
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 20200718_122311.jpg
    20200718_122311.jpg
    697.8 KB · Views: 43
I'd need pics of the whole plant to check for nute lockout but from what I can see, there are no other deficiencies. Calcium and more importantly magnesium start to lockout under ph of 5. Because you're outdoors and watering with plain water, I can't imagine your water is very acidic, therefore I'm inclined to believe it just needs a cal-mag boost. I've only grown indoors but my plants always need slightly more calmag then what is recommended (I do use ro water tho).
Not always but a lot of times when your soil ph is off (nute lockout), you get an effect on the newly growing leaves and shoots. They can appear twisted, curled, spindly etc. Somely to look out for.
If you get ph test strips you can do a slurry test from multiple points in the soil. It's not dead accurate but will give you a good indication as to where you are generally. But as long as your not watering it with something highly acidic/basic soil should be able to buffer itself somewhat.

Ok so now ive gotta find a way to sort that any ideas im skint till thursday lol added couple more pics cause ive just noticed other one is showing similar in places, literally 2 weeks old this showed up 3 days ago n im growing cookies auto, dunno if you have any knowledge of their additional needs

Attachments

• 20200719_151638.jpg
    20200719_151638.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
  • 20200719_151633.jpg
    20200719_151633.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • 20200719_151624.jpg
    20200719_151624.jpg
    989.7 KB · Views: 32
Toothpaste? Milk? Seriously this was an impromptu grow not grown in like 15 years n then was nft under 600s. Certainly not stocked up on anything grow related... only issues ive ever really had is nuit burn leaf burn from 600 n mites.. outdoors is hard work haha ok eggshells ive read takes alot and ive got like 6 eggs. Im seeing suggested using as a spray? In soil slow release.

Yea, you have to use the vinegar to breakdown the calcium carbonate in the eggshells, then a foliar would be applicable and much faster. You wouldn't want the ph to be massively off or it could affect the leaves.
I'm sure there are other alternatives to the eggshells like you mentioned but I'm not at all familiar and would have to look it up.

Ok ive looked into milk ive done a mix about 20% tesco full fat milk and 80% water apparently milk has many benefits to garden and can even be used if gone off. Ive give em a decent spray and poured rest into soil. I will give an update in a few days if they looking any better i steered away from vinegar simply because i was confronted with a wall of negative advice on horticultural websites.

Still looking into milk and im reading ALOT of positives about its use. This isnt something you would use often but at begining and middle of a grow maybe or if you having issues with mites or aphids. University of michigan has written a few papers about its beneficial uses, so im hopeful this could be a cheap quick alternative that works in reasonable amount of time. If my experience is positive i will definitely look to knock a few pointers up n post em somewhere. Just for the unprepared idiots like myself who need a one for all kinda fix, thats what it seems to be. which i know is rarely the case, imagine if it was though

Back
Top Bottom