Zip-tie Marijuana Fee Adopted

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Sheriff Tom Allman's voluntary medical marijuana zip tie fee of $25 per plant was added to the master fee schedule by a unanimous vote of the Mendocino County Board of Supervisors on Tuesday.

County Counsel Jeanine Nadel said the details of the change in county code were still being debated in committee, but that the board could adopt the fee separately.

"In the meantime since it didn't appear we were going to have the ordinance resolved before July," she said, "we decided to bring the zip ties in to the master fee process so that zip ties can go on sale by July 1."

Fourth District Supervisor Kendall Smith said the committee would bring forward its recommendations, but that it wouldn't be until after the start of the 2009/10 fiscal year.

"We're only talking about a $25 fee here," she said. "We're not talking about a lot of money. The specific language will be in there and we will tie this all together."

Allman said he didn't have a problem with the action and that work on the finer points of the issue would continue.

"I don't have a dog in this fight," he said. "I think it's an innovative way for Mendocino County to take the lead yet again."

Board Chairman and 3rd District Supervisor John Pinches said the fee would likely later be modified for veterans and disabled patients, but that details would be forthcoming at a later date.

"The only thing we're doing here is adopting the fee," he said. "You now have your zip tie program in place."

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Ukiah Daily Journal
Author: ROB BURGESS
Copyright: 2009 Ukiah Daily Journal
Website: Zip-tie marijuana fee adopted - Ukiah Daily Journal

If they keep taxing it so heavily they're going to push it underground again. This is why I'm against legalization pre se. Cannabis should have no controls on it what so ever. Its a natural growing plant and should be treated as such.

Back
Top Bottom