Zkittlez, Skywalker & Kosher Kushes By CoffeeShopSeeds

New Name For Chunky Cherry Thai x Dos-si-do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your Candidas are looking awesome. Probably the largest Candidas I've seen here. :thumb:

Spectacular heavily laden plants Otter, and the splayed out and collapsed one is amazing, and what is also amazing is the way you have managed to stabilize her. I'd love to try to grow Candida :green_heart:

Highya SO,

Well, I lost another lady last night. Fiona's wind must've took it down in the wee hours. Just blew right over. Broke stalk down 3 different ways. So I have 2 premies hanging to dry now. I hope they're not too bad! Still have three on the stock, and pretty well secured. I thought that about the last ones. All day today the wind has been 40-45 mph. I went out to tighten guy lines 3 different times! But, the good news is I'm hoping we don't get any more strong storms like that! We have one coming in Sunday night, but wind forcast was only up to 15mph. I'll be glad when they're all grown up and harvested!! I'm guessing yours came through like a champ! They looked well secured. Happy Smokin'

Your Candida(s?) look great, Stone! We're getting lots of rain and wind because of Fiona as well and 4 of my plants are currently in my gazebo because they kept blowing over.

Spectacular heavily laden plants Otter, and the splayed out and collapsed one is amazing, and what is also amazing is the way you have managed to stabilize her. I'd love to try to grow Candida :green_heart:
Thanks Carmen but I think I prefer caging them like the other one. Open is letting light everywhere and is what the plant asked for but if I get a big storm she's a goner most likely. 🙏:peace:🍃
Highya SO,

Well, I lost another lady last night. Fiona's wind must've took it down in the wee hours. Just blew right over. Broke stalk down 3 different ways. So I have 2 premies hanging to dry now. I hope they're not too bad! Still have three on the stock, and pretty well secured. I thought that about the last ones. All day today the wind has been 40-45 mph. I went out to tighten guy lines 3 different times! But, the good news is I'm hoping we don't get any more strong storms like that! We have one coming in Sunday night, but wind forcast was only up to 15mph. I'll be glad when they're all grown up and harvested!! I'm guessing yours came through like a champ! They looked well secured. Happy Smokin'
That's high wind Bode! I'm sorry to hear you lost those two! Fiona is huge! Thankfully it's calm here now. Let's believe the forecast!
Your note had me get up and look to see if the were ok! They are, whew! I'm looking at maybe some rain today, then clear until Sunday again so that's wonderful! Just 2 or 3 more weeks! Do you have 3 weeks without frost?
Your Candida(s?) look great, Stone! We're getting lots of rain and wind because of Fiona as well and 4 of my plants are currently in my gazebo because they kept blowing over.
Thanks HashGirl! WOW! That's a thousand miles away! Fiona sure does have a reach! I heard it was the biggest storm to hit Nova Scotia in history. How much time do you have for the grow before it frosts? It's October 4th here from the almanac.

SUNDAY FUNDAY UPDATE

Hi all, first bud rot is showing itself to me today as I was in church checking the Candidas out. Looks like caterpillar poop is the cause on this one. One budlet on each plant has it so far. I'm sticking with the program of spraying with JMS (jadan microbe solution) till the end.

Buds look good otherwise. @InTheShed ,or anyone familiar with this one, when these buds are done, are they pretty light compared to an indica hard as a rock bud? I'm getting the impression these aren't going to get solid at any time.?

SUNDAY FUNDAY UPDATE

Hi all, first bud rot is showing itself to me today as I was in church checking the Candidas out. Looks like caterpillar poop is the cause on this one. One budlet on each plant has it so far. I'm sticking with the program of spraying with JMS (jadan microbe solution) till the end.

Buds look good otherwise. @InTheShed ,or anyone familiar with this one, when these buds are done, are they pretty light compared to an indica hard as a rock bud? I'm getting the impression these aren't going to get solid at any time.?

Good eye Stone, good move locating that and removing it. Sticking with JMS :headbanger: I’m on the same boat, keep spraying and let’s see results.

All the best
:passitleft:

I have my doubts about JMS working when there are caterpillars involved but good catch getting that early.

When MMG was selling Candida they always mentioned two phenotypes, one indica and one sativa. No idea what you'll end up with since selfing brings out traits not seen in the mother. And, as I mentioned before, these were immature seeds at harvest. I don't know what part that plays.

That's why I'm going to give the seed making another shot.

I have my doubts about JMS working when there are caterpillars involved but good catch getting that early.

When MMG was selling Candida they always mentioned two phenotypes, one indica and one sativa. No idea what you'll end up with since selfing brings out traits not seen in the mother. And, as I mentioned before, these were immature seeds at harvest. I don't know what part that plays.

That's why I'm going to give the seed making another shot.
Yeah, I think I'm going to have a time figuring when they're done. These seem to be real sativa budlike. They're popping pistols still so there's that. I'll stay close.
So I went to MMG and here's what they say.

"Candida will produce two different phenotypes; a sativa and an indica. Initial studies have suggested that the sativa phenotype will produce lower, whispier yields often associated with sativa strains. We have noticed to date that the sativa pheno produces higher CBD counts. In comparison, the indica pheno will produce bigger, denser yields with lower CBD levels but still with significant CBD content. It is recommended to give good care to the sativa phenos as these can be harder to manage and will have larger distances between the internodes making the plants more vulnerable."

I like it a lot! "Whispier", that's how to describe them. I'm about to get a test kit so we know what's in them. Just waiting for Wednesday to maybe get a code.

Sorry to hear of the poop rot, SO.
Seems to be going around lately.
It's the season GB. Bound to happen here. Moths and butterflies think they're a home for their little ones.
Getting. Cold here. Stone. Better wind that outdoor grow up soon bro. Winter is coming fast here. Already in 60s
You're not kidding brother! These babies are done asap, just not today. A week or two is my guess as long as they dodge the rot they'll ripen in the cold. Almost there!

Yeah, I think I'm going to have a time figuring when they're done. These seem to be real sativa budlike. They're popping pistols still so there's that. I'll stay close.
So I went to MMG and here's what they say.

"Candida will produce two different phenotypes; a sativa and an indica. Initial studies have suggested that the sativa phenotype will produce lower, whispier yields often associated with sativa strains. We have noticed to date that the sativa pheno produces higher CBD counts. In comparison, the indica pheno will produce bigger, denser yields with lower CBD levels but still with significant CBD content. It is recommended to give good care to the sativa phenos as these can be harder to manage and will have larger distances between the internodes making the plants more vulnerable."

I like it a lot! "Whispier", that's how to describe them. I'm about to get a test kit so we know what's in them. Just waiting for Wednesday to maybe get a code.
I like whispier sativas.

Right on Stone

Wait what? Need details when you can share them!

And in terms of harvest I'd wait until the last possible day, weather-weather-wise.
I'm pretty sure I saw a member is going to review a test kit soon. I'm going out on a ledge and am guessing, assuming, since I've heard of a surprise coming from said member Wed., that may be it. I'm just letting things play out. I very well could be wrong. I don't want to mention fact I think I know because It's a surprise.
I'm interested in a code for a discount if there is one is all. Thursday I'll see if I'm onto something and will mention the kit if the review kicks off on Wednesday. I may be full of bull too. We'll see. Be hopeful!

I'll wait on harvest for sure. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom