All my Florida growers & smokers

justjr27

I decided to make this thread because I'm tired of being singled out here in florida. I think we as Americans have the right to share the same rights & priviliges other American across the country are. After all we are all the same people under the same laws, its not like we are a island out somewhere in the middle of no where. I want to be able to grow & be legit just like other states have started to let there citizens. I think we here in Florida need to make our voices heard doing what need be " Doing protest, flyers, etc ". How can some American have different rights just because where they live, how wrong is that. Florida lets unite & force a change.

re: All my Florida growers & smokers

Oh, about me, I have been active in Florida legalization for a few years now. I was asked at one time to start a Lakeland branch of NORML, but ALAS, Polk county Fl. is not the type of area that is exactly....marijuana friendly. As I am 54 now, and have a family to worry about, this is not the time for me to take on a battle that would likely put me in jail. I have moved now, but am still active with the community. I know (via a few email talks) Robert Platshorn, and try to help him out on his endeavors (the Silver Tour, and "Should Granny Smoke Dope" vid.) I have gotten much help from Florida NORML and The Florida Cannabis Network. All of these are worthy causes, and deserving of your time and consideration.
Thanks for reading this far,
Javahead

I wish you all well. The war on drugs has been used to supress progressive peoples movements all over the world, and the same will be, or is, used in Fla. You may lobby, write letters, demonstrate, piss and moan all you like, it will make little difference to those in power here. Now,even homeland security is in on the act, and local sheriff has drones. Here, big money usually wins, and the prison/intelligence/military industrial and big pharma have all the $ power. So study up on methods of direct action if you want to be serious and do more than make yourselves feel good. As Emma Goodman said,"If voting changed anything, they would make it illegal".
(from an old timer (70+) long term resident here.

I agree with OP. Just because I live in one part of the country, and not another, it's not okay to take away my rights, dammit!

Here it is people. The South is so far behind the times and the law makers are all
bible toting hyprocrits. I am a very active and I email my law makers weekly to get shit done.
But they dont listen, they also have the refer maddness theory going for them.
I live in Tennessee and the lawmakers wouldnt even look at the medical mj bill
and ran out of the office. Until we can get the idiots out of office we will stay behind the times.

I think in the South, only MS is decrim. And NC. State Laws

I have been noticing the back-asswards ways of civil rights laws in the South for over 10 years, and been wanting (no, craving!) to GTFO of the South, and go either North or West. The beer may flow free, the mud may be deep, the cars fast, the women great, the whiskey fresh from the stills, but gimme legal pot, dammit! Plus, palm trees are over-rated. Screw FL. I wanna leave. ;)

Back
Top Bottom