Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50

Thread: 420 Magazine - Activist Central

  1. #1
    420 Member 420 Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Lightbulb 420 Magazine - Activist Central

    To all my fellow Cannabis activist's here at 420 Magazine, as promised I am starting this thread with the intention of having a central base of operation for us to all come together and collectively get involved in this worthy cause to end federal as well as state's prohibition of our beloved Cannabis plant once and for all.

    I believe this thread could prove to be a very useful tool to further our cause and help us bring our numbers to bear with such things as getting petitions signed by all the members here at the site as well as having a central location for bouncing ideas off of one another when we go to write our letters to our representatives and government officials.

    I'm quite certain that I'm not the only person here that thinks outside the box so I believe a place like this will most certainly prove to be a melting pot for new and innovative tactics to use against our opponents whenever they come up with new propaganda to use against us.

    I believe with all my heart that deep within every member here at 420 Magazine, whether they know it or not, is a Cannabis activist waiting to get out and fight in this worthy cause and I just want to see us all coming together in one place so we will know just where our numbers stand, because this fight is all about having the numbers we need to make our voice as loud as we can get it when we go to speak out and make ourselves heard by our government.

    In my opinion, Our first order of business should be to start a recruiting campaign and make all of our members here aware of this place to not only build our numbers, but to start the education process as well, so that when we do speak out, we will have the proper facts to back up what we're saying.

    Secondly, we need to start gathering everyone we can from outside the site and inviting them to come here and be a part of our loving and compassionate community here at 420 Magazine. We need to get over our fear of talking to our friends and loved ones as well as people we meet out in public about the way positive Cannabis legislation is moving forward in our world today and get them here learning about what they themselves can do to help our cause.

    These are just two starting points that I believe we need to work on but there are many other things we can to to get our numbers up and get the ball rolling beyond government control. The floor is always open and there is no such thing as a bad idea, just some ideas need to be polished up a bit or tweaked on a little to make them optimal, so don't be afraid to throw your ideas out even if you think their silly because sometimes even from what seems to be a silly idea can emerge an awesome idea to get people thinking in another direction that they haven't thought of before.

    On a cautionary side note, I want everyone to come here with an open mind and not be judgmental of other peoples ideas and thoughts because we are all entitled to our own personal opinions and thoughts. Positive debate is always welcome as that leads to higher education but just be aware that everyone here has feelings and no one here should judge others for what they personally believe. Arguing and bickering among ourselves is counterproductive and that's not what we should ever be about. 420 Magazine has always been a place of love and compassion and should remain our true source of strength as we move forward with our cause.

    To all my fellow Cannabis warriors and I send you all my passion, compassion and love from my little piece of the universe to yours,

    420 Warrior
     
    420 Magazine Advocate
    Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993
    420 MAGAZINE

    GET INVOLVED! STAY INVOLVED!
    Please Join Us In The Fight To End Cannabis Prohibition Once And For All, We Need All Hands On Deck!


  2. #2
    420 Member of the Month - December 2015 OlderGrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: 420 Magazine - Activist Central

    I am with you 420 Warrior and hope that many more will join us on the journey.
    420 Warrior thanked you for this post
     
    Pacific Northwest Outdoor Grow 2017

    Salvaging grow #2 with LED's for flower and T-5's for Veg COMPLETED
    Small 1st Grow Already In Progress Using LEDs To Flower & T-5s For Veg COMPLETED

    HERE ARE A FEW HELPFUL LINKS TO GET YOU STARTED
    How to Grow Marijuana-Everything You Need to Know!
    Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial
    How To Insert A Link To Your Grow In Your Signature
    Photo Gallery Guide-How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
    Some Plant Deficiencies
    PH levels
    Be active, help educate others and promote the cause. Here is a great place to get started.
    420 Magazine-Activist Central

  3. #3
    420 Member 420 Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 420 Magazine - Activist Central

    Quote Originally Posted by oldergrower View Post
    I am with you 420 Warrior and hope that many more will join us on the journey.
    Thank you brother, you are certainly a heavy hitter for the cause and your knowledgeable insight and passion is most appreciated and needed my friend.
    OlderGrower, SweetSue, 94xjjohn, JBUptown liked this post
     
    420 Magazine Advocate
    Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993
    420 MAGAZINE

    GET INVOLVED! STAY INVOLVED!
    Please Join Us In The Fight To End Cannabis Prohibition Once And For All, We Need All Hands On Deck!


  4. #4
    420 Member of the Month - December 2015 OlderGrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 420 Magazine - Activist Central

    Quote Originally Posted by 420 Warrior View Post
    Thank you brother, you are certainly a heavy hitter for the cause and your knowledgeable insight and passion is most appreciated and needed my friend.
    I am much more impressed with people such as Radiogast, Big Sur, yourself and many others. I live in a state where we already are legal so being vocal about it here does not take near the courage you folks have. Granted I was vocal even before we became legal but obviously I was vocal in an area that was more receptive to the idea of change. You folks who live in areas where people are less receptive are the true hero's.
    I look at it like a civil rights activist from the 60's, while they all had their good points, there was no comparison to the activist in Oregon as compared to the activist in Mississippi for the amount of courage it took to take that stand.

    What you are proposing is a wonderful idea, and I hope that more will step up to the plate and speak out. Sometimes people assume things are just common knowledge so they do not vocalize their points, but if they would only speak up, share their experiences, maybe just one person out there may get motivated by what they shared to speak up when they normally would have keep quiet, and their voice may be the one voice that was needed to plant the seed of change in another persons mind.

    I know I have family members who have always felt that MJ was a big part of the problem in America, and even though my brother and one of my sisters would agree with me, there was no changing their opinion of how bad MJ is for America. Now I can say that all my brothers and sisters are seeing the light. Granted it has taken time and educating them. My oldest sister was the last to crack, she has had MS for over 30 years now and even though my brother one sister and myself had suggested MJ to her in the past she was never receptive to the idea. Yesterday while I was on the phone with her talking about my brothers wife condition and how we are seeing positive results with RS oil I mentioned to her about a drug out of the UK that has shown promise for MS patience. To my surprise, she is now interested in looking into it as a possibility. For me, this was a huge step.

    This is a fight we have to win one person at a time. while we can get the message to the masses and plant a seed in their minds, it will be the person to person conversations that water the seed.
    420 Warrior thanked you for this post
     
    Pacific Northwest Outdoor Grow 2017

    Salvaging grow #2 with LED's for flower and T-5's for Veg COMPLETED
    Small 1st Grow Already In Progress Using LEDs To Flower & T-5s For Veg COMPLETED

    HERE ARE A FEW HELPFUL LINKS TO GET YOU STARTED
    How to Grow Marijuana-Everything You Need to Know!
    Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial
    How To Insert A Link To Your Grow In Your Signature
    Photo Gallery Guide-How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
    Some Plant Deficiencies
    PH levels
    Be active, help educate others and promote the cause. Here is a great place to get started.
    420 Magazine-Activist Central

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Close enough to D.C. that I smell their legal cannabis.
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 420 Magazine - Activist Central

    Hi 420 Warrior, I would like to find out what I have to do to become an educated MMJ activist. I have already been arrested by my county police for manufacture and attempted distribution of cannabis but I was fortunate that the judge saw that I am in need of cannabis to treat an eating disorder I have. Only got unsupervised probation. But the police are still outrageous how they go about arresting so many people for petty crime. I am with you at any rate and I hope you'll contact me or update this thread.
    420 Warrior thanked you for this post
     

  6. #6
    420 Member 420 Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 420 Magazine - Activist Central

    Quote Originally Posted by Sativica View Post
    Hi 420 Warrior, I would like to find out what I have to do to become an educated MMJ activist. I have already been arrested by my county police for manufacture and attempted distribution of cannabis but I was fortunate that the judge saw that I am in need of cannabis to treat an eating disorder I have. Only got unsupervised probation. But the police are still outrageous how they go about arresting so many people for petty crime. I am with you at any rate and I hope you'll contact me or update this thread.
    First off, thank you for taking the first step in to cause my friend.

    I find the best way to educate yourself is to get involved in the latest news articles here as well as learning the history of how Cannabis prohibition came to be in the first place. Make comments on the stories you read and read what others have to say, get involved with other members and feed off of one another. Gain all the knowledge you can by reading as much as you can about it as well as watching documentaries about the Cannabis movement. Having up to date knowledge is an instrumental tool when you go to write your representatives because when you write your letters, you need to have the facts to back them up. Like with any education, you have to put in some time and not expect that it will come overnight but this education is so worth while and such a worthy cause.

    One thing you can do right away is go in and sign any new petitions that come up for your state and any that come up on the federal level as well, also make sure to tell everyone you know to do the same thing, whether it be people here or people you personally know.

    Another thing you can do is try and get everyone you know coming here to 420 Magazine so they can get in on this fight as well because we need all the help we can get. Make sure and let them know what a wonderful place this is and that it's chock full of compassionate and loving people that will help them any way they can with anything they need.

    Again, for joining us.

    94xjjohn, CareStaker liked this post
     
    420 Magazine Advocate
    Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993
    420 MAGAZINE

    GET INVOLVED! STAY INVOLVED!
    Please Join Us In The Fight To End Cannabis Prohibition Once And For All, We Need All Hands On Deck!


  7. #7
    Member of the Month - March 2015 & September 2016 Member of the Year - 2015 & 2016 Creme de la Creme Contest Winner - December 2016 SweetSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    By The Mighty Mon
    Posts
    29,704
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    170

    Re: 420 Magazine - Activist Central

    Since I'm already known in my own community for being outspoken about the progressive movement to fully legalize cannabis, I can't think of any good reason not to stand with you here. I'm swamped with other projects on site at the moment, so I may not be able to be as involved at this stage as I could be in another month or so, but I'll keep abreast of what's going on and spread the word. At the very least I can add a link in my signature line for it. I tend to wander far and wide here, so that may help.

    Thank you for starting this thread.
    OlderGrower, 420 Warrior, JBUptown thanked you for this post
     
    SweetSue's Threads

    The Basic Links for Patients and Caregivers

    Supporting Your ECS Without Cannabis

    SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0: The Transition to Doc Bud's HBB Kit - Current

    Living in Joy: Community Thoughts On Optimism

    SweetSue's Spot: Off-Topic Joy.

    Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines

    SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

    "If I set a goal and it doesn't excite me and terrify me at the same time, I'm doing something wrong." -Bob Proctor

    "What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create." - Buddha

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Close enough to D.C. that I smell their legal cannabis.
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 420 Magazine - Activist Central

    Hi 420 Warrior, I have been receiving the Marijuana Policy Project's newsletter and I donate to them. I do read every tidbit of news about cannabis legalization and it's application to medical patients. I am especially interested in treatment for anorexia nervosa. There is no current treatment for anorexia that is effective. So my friends and family have to endure the anorexia as well as I do. That really sucks given it's 2016! Well, nearly 2016. I will start looking for petitions to sign and influential people to write to.

    I have already written to all of my local elected officials holding office. I have already written to my congress people and senators. They are already on board in my state of Maryland. They are very liberal given that most of the congress is far to the right. I know hundreds of cannabis users that I will approach with the 420 site activists' information. I will find more to read b/c I know I don't have all the current information on battling the conservatives on this issue.
    OlderGrower, 420 Warrior thanked you for this post
     

  9. #9
    Member of the Month - March 2015 & September 2016 Member of the Year - 2015 & 2016 Creme de la Creme Contest Winner - December 2016 SweetSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    By The Mighty Mon
    Posts
    29,704
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    170

    Re: 420 Magazine - Activist Central

    420 Warrior, does this signature line meet with your standards? It's easily adjusted if you'd like to suggest an alternative.
    420 Warrior thanked you for this post
    420 Warrior, JBUptown liked this post
     
    SweetSue's Threads

    The Basic Links for Patients and Caregivers

    Supporting Your ECS Without Cannabis

    SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0: The Transition to Doc Bud's HBB Kit - Current

    Living in Joy: Community Thoughts On Optimism

    SweetSue's Spot: Off-Topic Joy.

    Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines

    SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

    "If I set a goal and it doesn't excite me and terrify me at the same time, I'm doing something wrong." -Bob Proctor

    "What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create." - Buddha

  10. #10
    420 Member 420 Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 420 Magazine - Activist Central

    Quote Originally Posted by oldergrower View Post
    I am much more impressed with people such as Radiogast, Big Sur, yourself and many others. I live in a state where we already are legal so being vocal about it here does not take near the courage you folks have. Granted I was vocal even before we became legal but obviously I was vocal in an area that was more receptive to the idea of change. You folks who live in areas where people are less receptive are the true hero's.
    I look at it like a civil rights activist from the 60's, while they all had their good points, there was no comparison to the activist in Oregon as compared to the activist in Mississippi for the amount of courage it took to take that stand.

    What you are proposing is a wonderful idea, and I hope that more will step up to the plate and speak out. Sometimes people assume things are just common knowledge so they do not vocalize their points, but if they would only speak up, share their experiences, maybe just one person out there may get motivated by what they shared to speak up when they normally would have keep quiet, and their voice may be the one voice that was needed to plant the seed of change in another persons mind.

    I know I have family members who have always felt that MJ was a big part of the problem in America, and even though my brother and one of my sisters would agree with me, there was no changing their opinion of how bad MJ is for America. Now I can say that all my brothers and sisters are seeing the light. Granted it has taken time and educating them. My oldest sister was the last to crack, she has had MS for over 30 years now and even though my brother one sister and myself had suggested MJ to her in the past she was never receptive to the idea. Yesterday while I was on the phone with her talking about my brothers wife condition and how we are seeing positive results with RS oil I mentioned to her about a drug out of the UK that has shown promise for MS patience. To my surprise, she is now interested in looking into it as a possibility. For me, this was a huge step.

    This is a fight we have to win one person at a time. while we can get the message to the masses and plant a seed in their minds, it will be the person to person conversations that water the seed.
    I think you sell yourself short sometimes brother, you are very much an instrumental part of this equation and although your state has legal status, there is still allot of work on the federal level that needs to be done.

    You are so right about what you said about how it may just be that one person hitting on something that the rest of us haven't even thought of yet because the best inventions usually come from a simple idea that spawns into something that takes the world we live in to new levels. It was this very thing that made computers possible, hence making another invention called the internet possible hence making 420 Magazine possible hence getting us all together in this wonderful place and the rest will be up to us to see where we go from here.

    The whole point of this thread is to gather our strength so we can push forward from one level to the next and have the numbers we need to do that in force. I think we really need to start rallying our troops and getting them coming here to share their thoughts and ideas collectively.

    We really need to keep a closer eye out for any new petitions that come up and make our members more aware of them so these things will quit just falling between the cracks. These petitions are time sensitive and we should never let them just fade away because they didn't have enough signatures to push them forward. It's disgraceful and we should be ashamed of our selves for not doing everything we can to make sure they have all the support we can give them. If these petitions don't have enough signatures in the end, I just want to know that it wasn't our fault because we did everything in our power to help get them pushed through.

    I'm planning on making another new thread here in this forum soon for us to write test letters to our government officials so that we can tweak them with the help of everyone so that the wordage we use in them will have a stronger impact and carry more weight before we submit them.

    I was also thinking that this same idea may apply just as well to writing letters to our local news papers?

    Also, we should start our own home grown petitions and submit them to be signed and sent to state and federal governments?

    I'm always trying to think of new ways and ideas to help the cause and I'll throw them out here as they come to me but in the mean time, anything any of y'all can dream up, by all means, no matter how insignificant to you they may seem, please share them with the class, you may just be on to something and not even know it until you put it out there for us all to think about and possibly add to it and build on it. That's how good ideas become great ideas. Word?
    94xjjohn, ShiggityFlip liked this post
     
    420 Magazine Advocate
    Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993
    420 MAGAZINE

    GET INVOLVED! STAY INVOLVED!
    Please Join Us In The Fight To End Cannabis Prohibition Once And For All, We Need All Hands On Deck!


  11. #11
    420 Member 420 Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 420 Magazine - Activist Central

    Quote Originally Posted by Sativica View Post
    Hi 420 Warrior, I have been receiving the Marijuana Policy Project's newsletter and I donate to them. I do read every tidbit of news about cannabis legalization and it's application to medical patients. I am especially interested in treatment for anorexia nervosa. There is no current treatment for anorexia that is effective. So my friends and family have to endure the anorexia as well as I do. That really sucks given it's 2016! Well, nearly 2016. I will start looking for petitions to sign and influential people to write to.

    I have already written to all of my local elected officials holding office. I have already written to my congress people and senators. They are already on board in my state of Maryland. They are very liberal given that most of the congress is far to the right. I know hundreds of cannabis users that I will approach with the 420 site activists' information. I will find more to read b/c I know I don't have all the current information on battling the conservatives on this issue.
    You are certainly on the right path if you're already taking those steps, just keep up the good work and help others as much as you can to get on and stay on the same path as well. I'll say that getting in on the conversations in the news articles is another way of spreading awareness. Also, 420 Magazine accepts donations as well, if your interested? Please Help Support 420 Magazine
    94xjjohn liked this post
     
    420 Magazine Advocate
    Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993
    420 MAGAZINE

    GET INVOLVED! STAY INVOLVED!
    Please Join Us In The Fight To End Cannabis Prohibition Once And For All, We Need All Hands On Deck!


  12. #12
    420 Member of the Month - December 2015 OlderGrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 420 Magazine - Activist Central

    One thing I have found to be true in my location anyway is lead by example. My neighbor John who is 74 was one of my inspirations to become more active in the fight to legalize MJ. What did he do you may ask? He used MMJ to go from having to use a walker then to a cane, now he walks freely and goes to the gym 3 to 4 times a week for exercise classes. Any time someone would ask him how he was able to over come his medical issues, he would tell them, and when they were non-reseptive to his points, he would not argue with them, he made his point clear with accurate information and let his health speak for itself. I can only wish that I will someday convert as many people and get them to open their minds to seeing the truth as John has.

    But here is what I have learned from being more active, you can be truthful and honest and tell someone a thousand facts that they can confirm, but if you try to bull shit one thing about what is fact and what is here say, people will automatically dismiss your points, all of them.
    If some one asks you a question that you can not confirm to be a fact say so, but let them know, you would be happy to research it and get the facts if they can't or won't. Then follow up if you can and show them not only what the facts are but where you got your information.
    Another thing I have learned over the years is when starting a conversation about the legality of MJ, listen before you start the conversation. If the person you are chatting with has medical issues, then perhaps the best way to start the conversation is with a story or article about the medical benefits of MMJ. If the person you are chatting with is complaining about having high taxes, maybe talking about the high costs of locking up non-vilolent criminals for mere procession of MJ is costing billions of tax payers dollars and tying up the court system. Bring up how many violent criminals are often given shorter sentences in order to make room for more non-violent criminals due to over crowding.

    Little things like this make your point of view more viable in their eyes since it is something they can relate with. Most importantly in my humble opinion is never let them make you mad or angry. Some people will just never get it. They are closed minded and no matter what you or anyone else says, their mind is made up. If they are able to make you angry or mad, they are able to dismiss your point of view. Do not allow that to happen, merely admit they are a lost cause and talk with people who are more open minded.

    Trust me, everyone in America is approachable. The biggest trick is being able to see what information you need to offer that will perk their interests.
    The hardest group of people I have found to approach has been anyone in any form of the medical industry. Not because they are so closed minded but because from the day they started their education to get into the medical field, they have had driven into them that the present medical industry is the best possible option for everyone and only their approaches work. With these types I find approaching the conversation through taxes and the outrageous costs to the American people tends to be a better ice breaker.

    And as bad as this may sound, do not be that guy who is only willing to talk politics, have genuine conversations with these people, but when the opportunity arrises throw a tid bit on the table see if they are receptive to an open conversation. Not everyone is willing to be open about their true feelings about issues and if they are like that, we all have to respect their rights.
    420 Warrior, SweetSue, 94xjjohn, ShiggityFlip thanked you for this post
     
    Pacific Northwest Outdoor Grow 2017

    Salvaging grow #2 with LED's for flower and T-5's for Veg COMPLETED
    Small 1st Grow Already In Progress Using LEDs To Flower & T-5s For Veg COMPLETED

    HERE ARE A FEW HELPFUL LINKS TO GET YOU STARTED
    How to Grow Marijuana-Everything You Need to Know!
    Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial
    How To Insert A Link To Your Grow In Your Signature
    Photo Gallery Guide-How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
    Some Plant Deficiencies
    PH levels
    Be active, help educate others and promote the cause. Here is a great place to get started.
    420 Magazine-Activist Central

  13. #13
    420 Member of the Month - December 2015 OlderGrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 420 Magazine - Activist Central

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSue View Post
    420 Warrior, does this signature line meet with your standards? It's easily adjusted if you'd like to suggest an alternative.

    Sue, I can not speak for Warrior but I love your new signature. I need to join you and do the same. Thank you
    SweetSue thanked you for this post
    94xjjohn, CareStaker liked this post
     
    Pacific Northwest Outdoor Grow 2017

    Salvaging grow #2 with LED's for flower and T-5's for Veg COMPLETED
    Small 1st Grow Already In Progress Using LEDs To Flower & T-5s For Veg COMPLETED

    HERE ARE A FEW HELPFUL LINKS TO GET YOU STARTED
    How to Grow Marijuana-Everything You Need to Know!
    Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial
    How To Insert A Link To Your Grow In Your Signature
    Photo Gallery Guide-How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
    Some Plant Deficiencies
    PH levels
    Be active, help educate others and promote the cause. Here is a great place to get started.
    420 Magazine-Activist Central

  14. #14
    Member of the Month - March 2015 & September 2016 Member of the Year - 2015 & 2016 Creme de la Creme Contest Winner - December 2016 SweetSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    By The Mighty Mon
    Posts
    29,704
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    170

    Re: 420 Magazine - Activist Central

    My dentist actually told me that he fervently believes that cannabis is a gateway drug and should never be legalized, as it would unleash untold damage on our society. I was shocked, and resolved to include some information about the Endocannabinoid System and the proven facts as to the benefits of cannabis, both medical and recreational, in future conversations.

    He's done extensive work with recovering addicts. This work has formed the basis of his entire belief system.
    420 Warrior thanked you for this post
     
    SweetSue's Threads

    The Basic Links for Patients and Caregivers

    Supporting Your ECS Without Cannabis

    SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0: The Transition to Doc Bud's HBB Kit - Current

    Living in Joy: Community Thoughts On Optimism

    SweetSue's Spot: Off-Topic Joy.

    Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines

    SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

    "If I set a goal and it doesn't excite me and terrify me at the same time, I'm doing something wrong." -Bob Proctor

    "What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create." - Buddha

  15. #15
    420 Member 420 Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 420 Magazine - Activist Central

    Quote Originally Posted by oldergrower View Post
    One thing I have found to be true in my location anyway is lead by example. My neighbor John who is 74 was one of my inspirations to become more active in the fight to legalize MJ. What did he do you may ask? He used MMJ to go from having to use a walker then to a cane, now he walks freely and goes to the gym 3 to 4 times a week for exercise classes. Any time someone would ask him how he was able to over come his medical issues, he would tell them, and when they were non-reseptive to his points, he would not argue with them, he made his point clear with accurate information and let his health speak for itself. I can only wish that I will someday convert as many people and get them to open their minds to seeing the truth as John has.

    But here is what I have learned from being more active, you can be truthful and honest and tell someone a thousand facts that they can confirm, but if you try to bull shit one thing about what is fact and what is here say, people will automatically dismiss your points, all of them.
    If some one asks you a question that you can not confirm to be a fact say so, but let them know, you would be happy to research it and get the facts if they can't or won't. Then follow up if you can and show them not only what the facts are but where you got your information.
    Another thing I have learned over the years is when starting a conversation about the legality of MJ, listen before you start the conversation. If the person you are chatting with has medical issues, then perhaps the best way to start the conversation is with a story or article about the medical benefits of MMJ. If the person you are chatting with is complaining about having high taxes, maybe talking about the high costs of locking up non-vilolent criminals for mere procession of MJ is costing billions of tax payers dollars and tying up the court system. Bring up how many violent criminals are often given shorter sentences in order to make room for more non-violent criminals due to over crowding.

    Little things like this make your point of view more viable in their eyes since it is something they can relate with. Most importantly in my humble opinion is never let them make you mad or angry. Some people will just never get it. They are closed minded and no matter what you or anyone else says, their mind is made up. If they are able to make you angry or mad, they are able to dismiss your point of view. Do not allow that to happen, merely admit they are a lost cause and talk with people who are more open minded.

    Trust me, everyone in America is approachable. The biggest trick is being able to see what information you need to offer that will perk their interests.
    The hardest group of people I have found to approach has been anyone in any form of the medical industry. Not because they are so closed minded but because from the day they started their education to get into the medical field, they have had driven into them that the present medical industry is the best possible option for everyone and only their approaches work. With these types I find approaching the conversation through taxes and the outrageous costs to the American people tends to be a better ice breaker.

    And as bad as this may sound, do not be that guy who is only willing to talk politics, have genuine conversations with these people, but when the opportunity arises throw a tid bit on the table see if they are receptive to an open conversation. Not everyone is willing to be open about their true feelings about issues and if they are like that, we all have to respect their rights.
    Once again, we both see eye to eye on things brother, wow man, what you just described sounds just like myself when I bring the subject up to people and most of the time they are wanting to know more about what they can do to help but for some reason, I can never get them coming here? I still don't understand that one?

    I find that most of the time people here in Georgia have no idea that we are so close to winning this fight because they don't take the time to get involved and find out about it but they seem interested at the time I'm talking to them about it and letting them know how they can help.

    I think there must be a better way of getting the word out and I have been saying for years that I believe we need some kind of printable fliers or business cards to hand out to these people so that they will have something they can physically hold in their hand and look at even after our conversation is over. I believe they would actually go home and turn on their computers and pull up the site and check it out if there was something more than me just telling them about it. Maybe they just forget the name of the site or they loose interest because of other things going on in their lives, IDK? But what ever it is, I believe them having something they can refer back to later could help solve that problem.
    94xjjohn, OlderGrower, CareStaker liked this post
     
    420 Magazine Advocate
    Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993
    420 MAGAZINE

    GET INVOLVED! STAY INVOLVED!
    Please Join Us In The Fight To End Cannabis Prohibition Once And For All, We Need All Hands On Deck!


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread