Ever meet one of these?

A few years back, my wife and I went to a party at a friends house. There was a nice couple we were chatting with when one of them broke out a pipe and started to load a bowl. Now both my wife and I work in industries where we are frequently drug tested so we told the couple we would have to pass, but they were welcome to partake if they so choose. So the conversation switched from some obscure topic which I do not even remember now what it was to drug testing. This couple then proceeded to tell us, that they totally got the drug testing thing, in fact if their business had more employees they would probably drug test also. I almost fell out of my chair. Needless to say, both myself and my wife said, well look at the time, we need to get on the road. Did we need to really need to leave? No but being around someone as hypocritical as this couple was going to make me throw up if I had to listen to them for one more minute. To them it was perfectly OK for them to smoke pot and catch a buzz but if they had more employees they would drug test them so they would not be able to, for fear of loosing their jobs. This type of pot smoker I can live without.

Oh I totally get what they were. The point I was getting at is these are the kinds of MJ users who do the cause more damage then they do good. I am pretty open minded towards anyone who wishes to partake, but when an individual says it is ok for me to partake but you should not be allowed, to me that is the wrong message we need to send to anyone.

Not usually prone to throwing a curse on someone, but shiggity - I concur!

Back
Top Bottom