I need some help on where to spend money on legalization efforts!

SmokeCity

Hi 420 activists!

I've made a board game about stoners. I've been developing it for about 3 years now with a couple of friends and it's gotten to the point where everything is pretty much ready for production.

Now, I've committed to giving 10-20% of the profits (if there are enough Kickstarter orders, I probably even go for more than 20%) from the sales towards global legalization efforts, but I'm a bit stuck on where to use it. There are so many organizations I don't know which ones are good and which are not. You might have a better idea on where and how to use the money! Obviously, the game can't be ordered yet, but I need some sort of FAQ before any sales start so that I can convince as many people as possible that this is the real deal. I absolutely want to do my part against prohibition, and I want to spend the money as wisely as possible.

Or should we finance our own lobbying campaign? :)

I still have so much to do for the game concerning advertising and technical producing matters I have little time for researching this now. If you could help me on this, I would be most grateful! :thumb: :circle-of-love:

If you are serious, like DeanB says, drop the stoner line. If you want to give money to a cannabis group, research their CEO, President, grand pooh bah or whet ever they call themselves. See what kind of person he/she is, how much are they paid. Normal has been around forever. Maybe look for a local chapter. Your money will go much further on a city/state level and the more states that flip, the more pressure it will put on the federal government and the international community.

I would drop the "A board game about stoners" from the title. I personally don't like to be referred to as a stoner. Good luck and I hope you find something to do with the profit money.

But the game actually IS about stoners.. ? If you don't like to be called a stoner, then you still just might like this board game, just like our "non-stoner" friends have. ;)

-Aleksi

If you are serious, like DeanB says, drop the stoner line. If you want to give money to a cannabis group, research their CEO, President, grand pooh bah or whet ever they call themselves. See what kind of person he/she is, how much are they paid. Normal has been around forever. Maybe look for a local chapter. Your money will go much further on a city/state level and the more states that flip, the more pressure it will put on the federal government and the international community.

The money is used locally where the purchase was made, and in unclear situations globally. If you're in USA and you buy the game, then yes - the money is used in campaigning for federal changes. If you buy the game in Sweden, we use the money for Swedish legalization efforts. At the end of the year, we'll release detailed documents where and how the money was used.

-Aleksi

Back
Top Bottom