Johnny ganja-seed! - Cast thy seeds - Plentifully - Everywhere you can

Pur40422

I had this crazy idea years ago but never thought of it during springtime when it could happen:
What if people took whatever leftover seeds they have and planted them any where possible??? In public places that don't get mowed or regular landscaping, beside roads near a busy intersection, or ANYWHERE YOU CAN THROW SOME SEEDS!!!
Of course the seeds may not sprout but if only part of them did and grew, there would be weed plants coming up in hilarious places all over America. What a better way to promote legalization than with plants all over the damn country!!!
I am willing to bet there are seed suppliers or other activist that can make it happen.
I will hit the road and go everywhere I can. :) I can finance the trip, I just need seeds.
??????

This is Dana Larsen's idea for Canada.

It already grows wild in the USA, you just have to find it before "They" do...

99 Percent Of All Marijuana Plants Eradicated In US Is Feral Hemp, Federal Data Reveals
Thursday, 02 September 2004

Washington, DC: Approximately ninety-nine percent of all marijuana eradicated by the Drug Enforcement Administration's (DEA) Domestic Cannabis Eradication/Suppression Program in 2003 was feral hemp-not cultivated marijuana, according to figures recently published online by the Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics.

According to the DEA data, of the estimated 247 million marijuana plants destroyed by law enforcement in 2003, more than 243 million were classified as "ditch weed," a term the agency uses to define "wild, scattered marijuana plants [with] no evidence of planting, fertilizing, or tending." Unlike cultivated marijuana, feral hemp contains virtually no detectable levels of THC, the psychoactive component in marijuana, and does not contribute to the black market marijuana trade.

NORML Foundation Executive Director Allen St. Pierre criticized the program for spending millions of taxpayers' dollars eradicating hemp. "Hemp is grown legally throughout most the Western world as a commercial crop for its fiber content, yet the US government is spending taxpayers' money to target and eradicate this same agricultural commodity," he said, noting that many of today's current hemp plots are remnants of US-government subsidized crops that existed prior to World War II. "Virtually all wild hemp goes unharvested and presents no legitimate threat to public safety. As such, it should be of no concern to the federal government or law enforcement."

According to DEA figures, Indiana led all 50 states in the volume of ditchweed eradicated, destroying more than 219 million plants. Oklahoma law enforcement eradicated some 10 million plants, and Missouri destroyed an estimated 4.5 million. More than half of all states failed to report their ditch weed totals.

California led all 50 states in the number of cultivated plants eradicated in 2003, with the DEA citing nearly 1.2 million plants destroyed.

Begun in 1979, the Domestic Cannabis Eradication/Suppression Program allocates federal funds to law enforcement agencies in all 50 states for the purpose of uprooting marijuana. For 2003, DEA data indicates that 8,480 arrests were derived from law enforcement raiding over 34,000 outdoor plots, and over 2,600 indoor gardens.

Source: Norml

DEA Has Spent $175 Million Eradicating -Ditch Weed

In the past two decades, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has spent at least $175 million in direct spending and grants to the states to eradicate feral hemp plants, popularly known as "ditch weed." The plants, the hardy descendants of hemp plants grown by farmers at the federal government's request during World War II, do not contain enough THC, the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, to get people high.

According to figures from the DEA's Domestic Cannabis Eradication/Suppression Program, it has seized or destroyed 4.7 billion feral hemp plants since 1984. That's in contrast to the 4.2 million marijuana plants it has seized or destroyed during the same period. In other words, 98.1% of all plants eradicated under the program were ditch weed, of which it is popularly remarked that "you could smoke a joint the size of a telephone pole and all you would get is a headache and a sore throat."
While the DEA is spending millions of tax payer dollars, including $11 million in 2005, to wipe out hemp plants, farmers in Canada and European countries are making millions growing hemp for use in a wide variety of food, clothing, and other products. Manufacturers of hemp products in the United States must import their hemp from countries with more enlightened policies.

"It's Orwellian that the biggest target of the DEA's Eradication Program is actually not a drug but instead a useful plant for everything from food, clothing and even auto parts and currently must be imported to supply a $270 million industry," said Eric Steenstra, president of Vote Hemp, a group lobbying for increased acceptance of the versatile plant. "While Vote Hemp has urged the DEA to recognize the difference between hemp and marijuana so farmers could grow it here, the federal agency is spending millions of dollars to destroy hundreds of millions of harmless hemp plants."
DEA officials regularly argue that there is no difference between hemp and marijuana, but their own statistics belie that claim. In its reports on the domestic eradication program, the agency clearly differentiates between ditch weed and "cultivated marijuana."

Not only is the ditch weed eradication program a waste of money, it may even be counterproductive, said Vote Hemp national outreach coordinator Tom Murphy. "Much of the ditch weed eradicated is believed to be burned, turning a carbon consuming plant into a contributor of Greenhouse gasses," said Murphy in a post-Christmas press release. "For all the effort to find and destroy these harmless wild hemp plants they are coming back year after year. It is likely that the eradication programs help re-seed the locations were ditch weed is found. The late summer timing and removal method causes countless ripe seeds to fall to the ground where they will sprout again the following year."

Your tax dollars at work.
Source: STDW

Good thing they're eradicating that evil weed.

As for the Johnny Ganjaseed idea.....I've been known to drop them in the planters of official buildings.

:angel:

Random broadcasting as well as hemp seed farms are a problem for those of us who grow outdoors. I have a proposed hemp seed farm 1 mile from me. Imagine what that will do to my plants. While I am all for using the plant for all it's worth, dang man, can't they do it on a floating farm out in the ocean or something?

Ironically if the DEA broadcast and propagated ditchweed, it would REALLY screw things up for growers and be more effective than their warfare tactics.

Back
Top Bottom