Legalize the right thing

free420smoke

Cigarettes and alcohol kill 500,000 plus people a year on their own. Weed hasn't been proven to kill anyone. So unless that's some type of fucked up population control why should something that has been proven to not hurt you but in fact help you be the reason you could be behind bars?
Even when more states start the legalization process on marijuana it's still not gonna be the way is should due to the fact that your not gonna be allowed to grow your own plants causing you to have to go to dispensaries and pay more than you would with the product on the streets. Taking away the option for people who would use it as medicine to grow what they think benefits them the best.
The world has it in their heads from a young age that weed is bad and is a gate way drug to harder and worse substances. When really the problem is that cigarette that your mom is puffing on and the beer your dad just asked you to grab for him. WEEDS NOT BAD. LEGALIZE THE RIGHT THING AND LEGALIZE IT WITH THE RIGHT CHOICES.
420-magazine-mobile1090542884.jpg

You are exactly right and if I may I'd like to add a few things as well

First off, alcoholism is totally promoted, even to the point of it being socially acceptable to be an alcoholic drunk who hoots and hollers at parties. Like, "that's the funny guy and the life of the party right there"...really? Looks like another dumb ass drunk making a fool out of himself to me, but hey, the most interesting man in the world said it was cool to stay thirsty and drink responsible, even though no drunk I've ever met in my life ever drank responsible so...???

When was the last time time you saw a strict Cannabis user so inebriated they were stumbling, barely able to stand up and puking all over themselves and unable to complete full sentences? I've personally never seen that before but hey, if there's weed out there with that kind of potency then TBH I'm a little scared to try it, but that's just me.

The point is and it's a concept that I've never been able to wrap my head around, how can something so powerful and in so many cases, so deadly be not only legal but be promoted and socially acceptable? That being said, how can something like Cannabis, which has never in the almost 40 years I've been using it, with no I'll effects like that get such a bad wrap and be so illegal that it's classified as a higher threat than seriously harmful and potentially deadly designer drugs?

What really takes the cake is, now that there are several states who have proven that Cannabis can be safely introduced to society and that the revenue from it can be so lucrative and so worth while, why are states like mine here in Georgia still fighting against recreational cannabis use tooth and nail?

TBH, I'm to the point now that when I see commercials promoting alcohol, it pisses me off! As sensitive as people have become about things these days, how come we're still allowing alcohol commercials that our kids can watch to keep on airing and no one says a word, but bring up recreational Cannabis legalization and you'd think someone was talking about mass murder or something? I just don't get it?

Even as acceptable as Cannabis has become over the past few years, and with so many people doing it, I still have a hard time convencing people I meet to become actively involved in fighting for the Cannabis cause and I can't figure out for the life of me why that is? We all want it but no one does anything about it...Makes absolutely no sense...???

Back
Top Bottom