Hemp Art & Jewelry

I made a necklace earlier this year, my first ever, and my first was this, all organic matter, no metals, stones, plastics, none of that stuff. It's a bit heavy, and the way I did the beads ended up looking a bit like bollocks, but can just call them fertility charms. It's hemp, has a slightly over-complicated closure, but sturdy. Has wooden beads, and a big cylindrical chunk of fossilized Florida coral. Got lots of hemp and beads and coral, and shells and stuff, but lost a bit of interest in it lately, and my hands been hurting, so knots are literally a pain.

SAM_1656.JPG

I don't know if there are any other threads devoted to hemp stuff, but post here if there isn't. Let's see what you've made.

Nice!!
Aren't stones organic? Lol.
Hope to see more in the near future.. Peace :)

Stones are natural, yes. Organic only if it's a fossil...sort of. Fossils are dead organisms of just about any type, plant, bacteria, virii, dinosaurs, humans, birds, fish, etc, that died and didn't decompose, but instead, were sorta preserved. Over hundreds, and often thousands or millions of years, certain parts, normally the toughest tissue, vertebrate animals, that'd be bones, gradually get replaced with minerals from sediment around them, and become rock....ish. Thus, any coral you find inland, that didn't get dredged out of the ocean's reefs, is fossilized coral skeleton. :)

Peace!

I really need to re-up today, gone three days without sleep. Sorry if I got to rambling too much.

No, I don't. I haven't sold any hemp stuff, mostly just given pieces away, bracelets and stuff. I'm hoping to make some more non-jewelry pieces, like plant hangers, bags for women, and stuff. Gotta restock on hemp before getting into big projects, though, as even a bracelet uses a lot of hemp. The necklace took about a meter or more, if I remember right.

High AsendedMasterKief

really love your work. Would be very interested in getting some of your art work. Please keep me in mind .
You can reach me here at wesncool.
Thank you and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Wesncool

Bump

Any hemp artists here? Ain't done this in a WHILE.

Back
Top Bottom