T-Shirt design

Croatsan

A design I did for my local growshop/smartshop. This is the first in a collection. I'm planning to do a series of strains, each one personified by a female face.

It's fruity and flowery :)

Purple_Haze_RGB3.jpg

PurpleHaze_1b.jpg

PurpleHaze_2b.jpg

PurpleHaze_4b.jpg

PurpleHaze_6b.jpg

PurpleHaze_7b.jpg

PurpleHaze_10b.jpg

Thank you AngryBird, I'm just doing it for fun for the time being. Have no plans on actively searching for a buyer. It's a side project of mine done in my spare time. But I'm having lots of fun doing it :)

Will do a test run here through my local grow/smartshop, as soon as I find someone that can do color separation silkscreening because these are quite demanding and require fine silk and an equally fine craftsman.

I was kinda surprised that very few silk screeners are up to the task here.

Thanks again for your support.

Nice Job Croatsan, I really like your style and these designs :thumb:

Are you using all your original art to make these or are you pulling stock images from somewhere to incorporate into your designs?
I like your choice of items you incorporate into each design.

If you don't mind some constructive criticism, nothing bad, I have one observation / recommendation.

BTW - One of my many hobbies is photography, and I do a lot of Adobe work editing. Over the years I have done a good bit of composites and other artistic projects with the Adobe suite. Like my Avatar / Profile pic is a quick PS thing I threw together from a basic free vector of a leaf.

These are, mostly, royalty free images and some are mine. I've been working as an Illustrator and a Concept Artist for over 20 years. You can see some of my work on my website. The link is in my profile.

Worth mentioning is that these are not final designs. These are, more like sketches. Graphic brainstorming, if you will.

I just wanted to try something different on a subject. Something that ladies, also, would wear.

I don't mind constructive criticism, not at all. That's the reason I'm posting them here. What was the observation/recommendation?

These are, mostly, royalty free images and some are mine. I've been working as an Illustrator and a Concept Artist for over 20 years. You can see some of my work on my website. The link is in my profile.

Worth mentioning is that these are not final designs. These are, more like sketches. Graphic brainstorming, if you will.

I just wanted to try something different on a subject. Something that ladies, also, would wear.

I don't mind constructive criticism, not at all. That's the reason I'm posting them here. What was the observation/recommendation?

:thumb:

Awesome, I like artistic minded people.

Since you pointed out these are not the final then It makes more sense to me.

I was just going to point out the some of the designs' elements have dimension (Shading, gradients, etc) while other elements in the same design are flat (Single color, no depth) so they really do not blend well together into a single work. Example the Cannabis Leaf.

To take it a step further, the styles of certain elements do not match the style of other elements in the same design, so you can tell they are different artists, or mediums, etc. which also lends to that feeling that it is not a single design just a mash up.

I still really like the concept and the sketchups :thumb:

:thumb:

I was just going to point out the some of the designs' elements have dimension (Shading, gradients, etc) while other elements in the same design are flat (Single color, no depth) so they really do not blend well together into a single work. Example the Cannabis Leaf.

To take it a step further, the styles of certain elements do not match the style of other elements in the same design, so you can tell they are different artists, or mediums, etc. which also lends to that feeling that it is not a single design just a mash up.

That's correct. Keep in mind, though, that these desings are gonna get silkscreened and that's very different than printing them on paper or viewing them on the monitor. They, already, have too many drop shadows in them and are, inevitably, gonna get cleaned up in the final design.

Silkscreening will be done in a CMYK + White color separation process, which will further tone down the colors and the final design is going to be much less saturated. That's why I have to alternate between shadows and flat design elements. I'm already pushing the limits of what can be done with those in a silkscreening process - the overall detail will have to decrease significantly, probably around 30%, otherwise it would be a mess of lines and colors on the t-shirt.

For instance, the Cannabis Leaf you'd mentioned doesn't have a drop shadow because I wanted it to visually "stick" onto a t-shirt. It serves as a connecting element between the t-shirt and the rest of the design. Had I added a drop shadow element on it, it would've looked like the whole design is floating off the t-shirt.

But, as I've said, these are just quick color concepts. Sort of putting the feelers out. Once the designs have been finalized, they'll have the necessary graphic coherence.

Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom