The Marijuana Theory by David du Hempsey

sally powells

Hello friends.
In this thread i would like to discuss David du Hempsey`s thriller novel - "The Marijuana Theory".
I just finished it and i really think it is a great book. Not only with its action and thriller moments but also because of hundreds of facts about cannabis, hemp or marijuana, whatever you want. I thought i know a lot about it but from this book i learned many new interesting facts. And when i checked them i assure myself they are really facts.
And of course the author has really wonderful style of writting and i enjoyed every moment when reading the book.
So, friends, want to hear your opinion over it.

Please, if somebody knows where i can read an interview with David du Hempsey send me the link.

This a novel not a non-fiction book about marijuana in general. But the author manages to put in a lot of useful information.
He speaks about smoking marijuana but also about many other usages of industrial hemp. In the book is revealed how and why the marijuana was abandoned, also the role of DuPont, Anslinger and Hearst and at the end of the book from his characters mouths he explains his view what can be done and should be done. He believes that free usage of marijuana can only help humanity and environment.
He explained in a radio interview on Monday that he wanted his book to be printed on hemp paper and the publisher wasn`t allowed to do it. He said that hemp paper is stronger thatn wood one and doesn`t get yellow with time. Is it really true?
He also said that many are trying with every means to hide his book in between the shelves and he hopes that already awaken communities will bound with him to change laws not only in US but all over the world. A bit utopic i think, but yet i enjoy the book and want to see opinions on it. Also would like to know a bit more about the author.

Thanks for this.
And yes, it is a great book. One that is deserved to be read. Also i know that the author is very active in his position and actions for legalization so he can be helpful to our common cause, i think.

I love a good book. This one sounds like a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom