OFFICIAL 39th ANNUAL ANN ARBOR HASH BASH

APRIL 3rd

ONE DAY ALL DAY!!!

hash_bash_2010.jpg

Start Time: Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 12:00pm
End Time: Sunday, April 4, 2010 at 2:00am
City: Ann Arbor, MI

Schedule
12PM - University of Michigan Diag12PM to 5:30PM - Monroe Street Fair (FREE)
8PM to 2AM The Blind Pig -First Street

Hash Bash is an annual event held in Ann Arbor, Michigan, on the first Saturday of April at high noon on the University of Michigan Diag. A collection of speeches, live music, street vending and occasional civil disobedience are centered on the goal of reforming federal, state, and local marijuana laws.

For the entertainment portion of the day Cheech & Chong will be performing their standup routine at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor, tickets are available through Ticketmaster. Please make your plans early. We need you to be present to help represent the cause!! No sense in driving anywhere since there’s plenty of time left to reserve a room in a prime location.

Ann Arbor has very lenient laws regarding the possession of marijuana – a $25 fine first $50 second $100 third (and subsequent) offense—and is a simple civil infraction rather than a criminal offense, such as misdemeanor or felony (see Marijuana laws in Ann Arbor, Michigan). Even so, the campus of the University of Michigan sits upon state property, and so anyone caught with marijuana on any campus location is subject to the more strict state marijuana laws. In addition, since state law takes precedence over municipal law, many people are prosecuted under state law regardless of where in Ann Arbor they are located.

There is a separate but heavily related event following Hash Bash just off campus known as the Monroe Street Fair, where there is usually a live show accompanying the many street vendors selling extravagant bongs and other paraphernalia, along with a Michigan NORML booth.

Oh My Dear Hash Bash!!

Being that this is the the 39th Ann Arbor Hash Bash and my 18th year of attendance, I would like to offer some advice that might make your visit far more comfortable.

The TRUE Hash Bash occurs at 12 noon on the first Saturday of April (April 3rd 2010 this year) on the U of M Diag on State Street in Ann Arbor, MI. The hour of power goes from 12pm-1pm. It is the "rally" portion of this event.
***SUPER HUGE NOTE HERE!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT SMOKE ON THE U of M CAMPUS. YES EVEN IF YOU ARE A CARD HOLDER DO NOT SMOKE.
The U of M campus is governed under federal law and the cops will be abundant and will be ready to bust you if you smoke. Last time I checked the fine was $500 and I have seen folks getting busted on campus during the bash.

But.....the city street of Ann Arbor are a different story. It is now a $50 civil infraction, but I have yet to meet anyone who has actually received a ticket and I have lived in the A2 for 15 years. But here is the catch. It is hard to know where U of M starts and Ann Arbor begins unless you live here.

For your entertainment not only is there Cheech and Chong (love em but the price ticket is huge and it is more than possible that the show has been sold out for a while) there are a couple events that might tickle your fancy!

1. Monroe Street Fair: This event is just down the street from the Hash Bash "hour of power". The "fair" runs from 12-5 ish. There will be about 4 decent local band performing and a few vendors.

*don't expect too much info until right before the bash if at all.
The event is held on a city street and is the area is about 1 block long. Drum circles depending on the weather (Weather: super iffy..some years I go in a t-shirt, some years in a winter coat- it snowed in 2007 or 2008 I can't remember when..:cool:). This is where everybody ends up because U of M doesn't want hash bash people on campus.

2. Blind Pig Hash Bash Show: Super small bar that host a super hash bash show each year from 10 pm-2am. This years line up is smokin and this is where we will be (as always).

Parking will be a mess and you might have to pay to park.

There will be a lot of parties too but that is a who you know kind of thing.

If you are staying outside the city limits of Ann Arbor the mj laws are strict. Word on the street here is that cops will be crawling all over the larger hotels right outside of the city limits (where most of them are) so BE CAREFUL!!

Have fun and be safe and enjoy! :thumb:

I wish I could be there too. Thank you Headymama for the additional info,

and

thank you User for all this very interesting POT NEWS and updates. Whether I post a comment or not, I do try to read them all and I applaud the great job you do keeping us all informed.

......thank you User for all this very interesting POT NEWS and updates. Whether I post a comment or not, I do try to read them all and I applaud the great job you do keeping us all informed.

Your more than welcome. Its always good to hear kind words. Our newshawks deserve some credit too. Thanks back at ya for the time you spend helping our members and guests with their growing efforts.
:thumb:

Come see me at the Monroe Street Fair and let me tell you what my book, Anarcho Grow, is all about. I'll have a booth. You can also check it out in this month's Skunk Magazine (Volume 5, Issue 8).

My 1st hash bash was in the 80s when u could still smoke on the diag with the cops standing next to u.I am a card holder but have been to enough of these to know that u cant smoke on College property anylonger.
Its an awesome time if its warm and will be even better being the 1st Hash Bash that Michigan has had legalized medical marijuana-420:rollit:

How was it? How did it go?

It was great man..I wasn't there for the "Hour of Power" but I showed up around 3...the diag (where it starts) wasn't very crowded but the entire downtown area was HOPPIN.

Then once i rolled down to Monroe street it was just going up in a cloud of smoke! People were showing off buds from recent grows, everyone had some sort of smoking device in hand, some people were even selling brownies. There were several vendors selling everything from papers to vapes, and there was also a NORML booth with a bunch of info set put. a couple of bands played on stage that were mediocre but everyone was having a good time regardless.

Best part was I only saw a handful of cops and I didn't witness anyone get a ticket (Gotta love Ann Arbor..$25 ticket for possession)

Man it was a blast, Its great to have so many people in the same place all fighting for the same cause...JUSTICE

I hope that the realization that this prohibition is causing much worse problems than the "drug" itself comes to your state senators and other government officials so good change can be made!

Great event to attend but horrible to vend at. I had to take my vendor tent down three hours early because of the wicked wind threatening to carry it away. Also had to spend three and a half hours the next day cleaning all the sand and dirt the wind got on my stuff.
Lots of people having a good time, though.

Back
Top Bottom