LA's Spannabis 2016 Fun!

SPANNABIS 2016

So my green family, this was my return trip to Spannabis and yet another awesome time was had! ;)

The event in general

As with the previous year Spannabis is broken up into tawo parts, one being the educational side, with debates, talks and lectures covering all aspects of our plants uses. The second part being the huge sprawling mass of exhibitors showcasing every bit of tech to do with growing etc!

As with last year I didn't bother attending any of the lectures etc, this is just because this is a working holiday for me and to be honest there's to much going on everywhere else to be cooped up in a lecture hall :)

What went down!

So this year we got to Spain a cpl of days early, we had every intention in actually seeing some of Barcelona before the show started. This proved a pointless hope.
We got into the hotel and were clearly the first lot to arrive, so we just settled in a bit and then had a few drinks in the bar. Well quite quickly other folks started turning up, as did our supply of weed :) , this is also where our plans started to slip! Without naming names lol, we met up with friends from last year, the same bunch that led us astray then...! Well let's just say it all gets a bit fuzzy and messy from here on in! ;)
We basically limpt through the first cpl of days in a state! (Wish I could share more :) )

THE SHOW

Well first thing to be said is that due to the high demand for pitches at the show nearly every single exhibitor kept the same pitch space as the year before, so for me finding my way around was easier this year!

Spannabis is of course totally smoke friendly, although this year the security was proper on the ball and smoking in the indoor areas was more policed, yet you just got a polite slap on the wrist and told to go outside into the courtyard :)

As we turned up on the first day as we were suffering already and seeing the huge cue's just brought back how truly daft busy Spannabis gets. Luckily we get vendor passes so entered swiftly and went and found our friends at the BM stall, this is normally my base at the show, as they're good friends and they let me promote myself and put out my own business cards etc. Also they have seating and that's important ;)

As soon as the gates open all hell breaks loose! Let the fun begin! :)
Within moments you have music blaring, drums being beaten, the smell of cooking and the instant aromas of joint after joint after joint being lit up and blazed!
Its crazy when first opening as the promo girls are everywhere and everyone's trying to give you a leaflet or something promotional, it drives ya nuts as I don't want posters? :)

One thing I will say is I widget to meet up with MrAm4zin in person and got to shoot the breeze with him etc. Awesome chap and a real pleasure to make his acquaintance!
I also have to apologize to the other folks off of here and all the others who sought me out and missed me! As you know once you've been, its mad busy and I'm gutted I missed catching up with you all :)

Anyway let's have some pics!

DSC_0644-2.JPG
DSC_0672-21.JPG
DSC_065510.JPG
DSC_0664-21.JPG
DSC_0662-2.JPG
DSC_0640-1.JPG
DSC_0659-2.JPG
DSC_0665-11.JPG
DSC_0636-31.JPG
DSC_0689-3.JPG
DSC_0684-3.JPG
DSC_0681-2.JPG
DSC_0688-3.JPG
DSC_06989.JPG
DSC_06959.JPG
DSC_0687-2.JPG
DSC_0679-1.JPG
DSC_0677-5.JPG
DSC_0715-1.JPG
DSC_0708-1.JPG
DSC_071113.JPG
DSC_07057.JPG
DSC_0714-2.JPG
DSC_0675-4.JPG
DSC_0717-1.JPG
DSC_0703-1.JPG

DSC_07026.JPG
DSC_07389.JPG
DSC_0728-1.JPG
DSC_070110.JPG
DSC_0730-11.JPG
DSC_0726-2.JPG
DSC_0729-11.JPG
DSC_0724-11.JPG
DSC_0722-2.JPG
DSC_0718-1.JPG
DSC_07539.JPG
DSC_0721-1.JPG
DSC_07557.JPG
DSC_07525.JPG
DSC_071918.JPG
DSC_07547.JPG
DSC_07516.JPG
DSC_0741-1.JPG
DSC_07459.JPG
DSC_074410.JPG
DSC_07689.JPG
DSC_07696.JPG
IMG_20160316_195934.jpg
DSC_07638.JPG
DSC_07626.JPG
DSC_07587.JPG
DSC_07614.JPG
DSC_07567.JPG

So smoking and dabbing and drinking besides :)

I had another awesome time and made some great contacts, I've more brand new tech coming by the truck load for me to review, yet as always its not the gear etc and free stuff! Its the people that make the experience and I got to blaze at the HSO stand and also share a super charged spliff with my mate Remo again so it was just a brilliant time! ;)

I am happy to answer any questions etc, just I've purposefully left most of the fun out asitsall a bit crazy and not perhaps suitable for this thread ;)

Cheers all :)

Cool

Thanks LA and Dennise... I was a bit disappointed with the area around Spannabis in Barcelona, although the central city is beautiful. I've been to Malaga before, it's all fantastic, will be quite hot at that time of year and just like our beloved plants, I thrive in sunshine :) What's the location for the UK show? Is it Product Earth?

Yeah in Peterborough :) and your not wrong about the surrounding area at Spannabis, its proper crap!

I didn't want to be too disparaging about the Barcelona surroundings just in case any locals were on here and got upset, but you're so right.... proper crap! :)

Some areas of Barcelona are really modern with attractive surroundings, sympathetically mixed with the old. The whole area surrounding where Spannabis is hosted is located well out of the city centre and is very industrial, run down and in need of much TLC. The local shops and restaurants and small and not very good. The locals, although not hostile, didn't seem very friendly and most could speak little or no English. This is not the same experience I have had in many other areas in Spain, but many large cities do have poor suburbs surrounding them.... it's a shame being an international event because it tends to give first-timers a bad impression of the country.

Back
Top Bottom