Cannabis Calendar - Marijuana Events October 31-November 6

Katelyn Baker

After a week of big pot events, Denver's cannabis calendar is taking a bit of a breather. But there's still plenty to do around town, including classes and tours.

My 420 Tours
For $49, you can join My 420 Tours at noon Tuesday through Friday for tours of growhouses and dispensaries. My 420 Tours offer a variety of activities around the city, including a craft marijuana and concentrates tour; a sushi, sake and joint-rolling class; cooking with cannabis instruction; and lessons in cannabis massage. Find out more on the My 420 Tours website.

Bud Tending 101
Every Wednesday from 1 to 3 p.m., you can join the Hemp Temps team for a Bud Tending 101 class that covers all the marijuana basics. Learn the difference between indicas, sativas and hybrids; review tinctures, topicals, edibles, wax, shatter and oil. You'll also learn customer-service basics, as well as how to handle patient and customer needs. The class costs $130 and a certificate is granted upon completion.

Puff, Pass & Pottery
Taught by local potter Jessa Decker-Smith, this class at Hemp Temps runs every Friday from 7 to 9 p.m. – enough time for you to make an ashtray for all of those doobs you smoke. Choose a color and glaze and learn how to make a pot while getting a glaze of your own. Firing is included, but you must pick up your pottery no more than ten days after class. The class is 21 and up and costs $55 for locals, $65 for non-locals; it's bring your own cannabis (and/or booze).

Puff, Pass and Paint
Paint in a cannabis-friendly environment every Thursday and Saturday from 7 to 9 p.m. with artist Heidi Keyes during a $49 Puff, Pass & Paint class in her downtown studio. All equipment is included in the tuition cost; private lessons are available on request. Although cannabis consumption is encouraged (bring your own), it's not required. This event is 21 and up.

Marijuana for Medical Professionals
From November 14 to November 16, learn from top cannabis physicians and researchers from the U.S., Israel, Puerto Rico and Spain. Mara Gordon of Aunt Zelda's California and Guillermo Velasco of Compultense Universidad de Madrid, Spain, are keynote speakers the first day, discussing "Cannabinoids and Terpenes in Practice" and "Advances in Cannabis Cancer Research." Donald Abrams of San Francisco General Hospital and Reuven Or of Hadassah Research Hospital in Israel are the keynote speakers on day two, discussing "Cannabis in Cancer and Pain" and "Cannabis in Bone Marrow Transplantation" the second day. The price is $545 and up.

42097.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Cannabis Calendar - Marijuana Events October 31-November 6 And Beyond
Author: Kate McKee Simmons
Photo Credit: My 420 Tours

Back
Top Bottom