420 Magazine's Nug of the Month: February 2011

Vote for Nug of the Month - February 2011

• Sana (Fast Bud)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 52Firestone (Blue Dream / Banana Kush)

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • xlr8 (Snow White)

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • EASTofEUREKA (Blackberry Kush)

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Van Diesel (Purple Nurple)

• grizzly3327 (unnamed)

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • SSNUGS (Silver Bubble)

• staffy (kali mist)

• deacnbleu (AK47/First Lady Cross)

• Bandit420 (OG Kush)

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Be IRIE (unnamed)

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • BassPlayer (Medijuana)

• siscokid (Lemon Skunk)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hash Hound (Northern Lights)

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Janja (Incredible Kush)

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keith Lake

420 Emeritus
420 Staff
Nug-Month_new.jpg

We are now accepting nominations for the Nug of the Month contest.

Please submit a photo of your best nug (there is a separate contest thread for plants.) The nug must be your own, either purchased or grown. Optionally, we'd love to hear about the strain, taste, aroma, potency, effect, weight or any other frosty details that you're willing to share.

The contest will be open for submissions from the 1st through the 15th day of each month. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month.

Each winner will receive 100 rep points, the title "Nug of the Month Winner", a case of RAW Rolling Papers from HBI International!

Sierra Natural Science contributes the following items to our winner.

SNS-217™ Natural Spider Mite Control
(32 ounce spray bottle with unique any direction sprayer)
SNS-244™ Natural Fungicide for Powder Mold
SNS-203™ Natural Pesticide Soil Drench for Fungus Gnats, Root Aphids, Thrips, Shore Flies & White Flies
SNS 604A Vegetation Organic Growth Stimulator
(One quart makes 32 gallons)
SNS 604B Flowering Organic Growth Stimulator
(One quart makes 32 gallons)

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Nug of the Year" contest in January.

Also, submit your best high resolution photos to photos@420magazine.com for publication in 420 Magazine's print editions.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola. This nug may be grown by yourself or purchased at a legal medical Marijuana co-op, collective or dispensary.

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form.

6. Self-nominations only.

7. Competition is open to the first 25 entries.

8. Self promotion (i.e. campaigning) that is deemed excessive (at the sole discretion of our moderation staff) may disqualify the entry.

Consolidated Entries for February 2011

Sana (Fast Bud)
Fast_bud_nug_008.jpg

52Firestone (Blue Dream / Banana Kush)
Skunk_5_Grow_0621.JPG

Skunk_5_Grow_059.JPG

xlr8 (Snow White)
IMG_010311.jpg

IMG_009212.jpg

EASTofEUREKA (Blackberry Kush)
bbk2.jpg

bbk1.jpg

Van Diesel (Purple Nurple)
2_9_11_020.jpg

2_9_11_015-1.jpg

grizzly3327 (unnamed)
post6.jpg

SSNUGS (Silver Bubble)
SilverBubbleFinished_3.jpg
SilverBubbleFinished.jpg

staffy (kali mist)
my_grow_621.jpg

my_grow_622.jpg

deacnbleu (AK47/First Lady Cross)
IMG001602.jpg

Bandit420 (OG Kush)
IMG_15841.JPG

IMG_15864.JPG

Be IRIE (unnamed)
DSC03208.JPG

DSC03216.JPG

BassPlayer (Medijuana)
DSC_1051.jpg

DSC_1033.jpg

siscokid (Lemon Skunk)
005497.JPG
012262.JPG

Hash Hound (Northern Lights)
NL_18wks_harvested_4_R.jpg

NL_18wks_harvested_10_R.jpg

Janja (Fucking Incredible Kush)
P101000311.JPG

P1010038_-_Copy.JPG

Okay, since "Cinderella(99)" won last month, I thought I'd enter this "Snow White" nug from my most recent harvest.

I love Snow White - it's a descendant of White Widow, and it has a fruity smell, makes me think of Juicy Fruit gum... It's yummy tasting and it will really sneak up on you. The buds from this plant were all really dense and full. Anyway - here she is:

IMG_010311.jpg

same bud, different view:

IMG_009212.jpg

Oh boy! Some nice nugs already!! Good thing I'm less interested in winning than in just having fun showing off with you other great growers. Maybe I'd stand a chance this month if my Purple Nurple's buds actually turned purple instead of just tasted purple, but since I have a new strain to show off after months of entering just the Sour D, here it is-

2_9_11_020.jpg

2_9_11_015-1.jpg

I harvested at 37 days flower with mostly milky trichs, and got about 1oz dry/manicured bud per plant. The smoke is a wonderful smooth floral purple/blueberry muffin/plum sauce with a creeper high that you realize fully kicked your ass in about 20 min. This was my first "trial" run with this strain, and hope to do better in the next runs.
Much Aloha and good job to all your entries so far!!

Here is my entry just out of the final cure.
SilverBubbleFinished_3.jpg
SilverBubbleFinished.jpg

I put on cup bottom for reference. This the Silver Bubble form ReservaPrivada that I grew.
:smokin:

Oh boy! Some nice nugs already!! Good thing I'm less interested in winning than in just having fun showing off with you other great growers. Maybe I'd stand a chance this month if my Purple Nurple's buds actually turned purple instead of just tasted purple, but since I have a new strain to show off after months of entering just the Sour D, here it is-

2_9_11_020.jpg

2_9_11_015-1.jpg

I harvested at 37 days flower with mostly milky trichs, and got about 1oz dry/manicured bud per plant. The smoke is a wonderful smooth floral purple/blueberry muffin/plum sauce with a creeper high that you realize fully kicked your ass in about 20 min. This was my first "trial" run with this strain, and hope to do better in the next runs.

37 days? Why so early? We have 45 day strains in our genetics bank but i have never heard of anything that matures sooner. If thats the case then this is the strain of the future and would rage with 1k hps lamps shmeowin down on them. Peace and Jah Bless your buds and weekend. :Namaste:

Great buds everyone!!

heres my kali mist.
she was one plant and pulled just under 3 oz's. she got a big smell and taste to go with it. taste is a lil spicy and puts a menthol feelin in ur mouth , very smooth and clean. and the taste lingers for around 30 mins, which i love. the potency is actually alot stronger than i was expecting seen a i was thinkin i pulled her down a tad bit early but this stuff is a great all day/ night smoke. so i am happy with her.
flash on
my_grow_621.jpg

same bud dif. angle and flash off
my_grow_622.jpg

good luck all!!

2_9_11_020.jpg

2_9_11_015-1.jpg

wow van very nice bro, i think im gonna HAVE to vote for u!!

37 days? Why so early? We have 45 day strains in our genetics bank but i have never heard of anything that matures sooner. If thats the case then this is the strain of the future and would rage with 1k hps lamps shmeowin down on them. Peace and Jah Bless your buds and weekend. :Namaste:

Not early, they were ready! Using a 60x scope I harvested by resin development. There were a couple amber heads nearly everything else was milky, few clear still. Its not meant to be a heavy/couchlock high, more a tasty daytime smoke, so I intentionally pulled them at this stage. The guy I got it from is an old time professional breeder, has his own strains that have been on the market for over a decade, but I'm not sure yet if its something he developed or maybe someone among his cohorts. I do plan to go and follow up with him now that I've seen it in action. I'll be running them for a while in my journal, so feel free to check in a few weeks when I'll probably be running another batch, but really the 37 days isn't a mistake. I have another strain from him that I started 12/12 the same day the I just pulled 2 of 3 yesterday (50 days) that is the night time heavy hitter that were 30% amber, the other I am going to let get to about 70%. My Sour Diesel are more a sativa high energy daytime smoke that get their first amber heads and are ready to harvest at 56 days. So as far as I know I know what I am doing as far as when to harvest for the smoke I want. I was pretty blown away tho, just like you.
Aloha

My first successful grow, I liked her so nice I cloned her twice.
AK47/First Lady cross. Sativa dominant had to train her to stay below 32 inches. She produced a lot of decent buds not to mention some interesting shaped stems, and this little gem I'm saving for last.
Insert Photos and Images
IMG001602.jpg

Homegrown Hippy Lettuce presented by Bandit420

Here we go again ladies and gentlemen! Glad to see the usual suspects in the line up again this month!
Tremendous entries everyone! Good luck to all of you!

This month my entry is homegrown OG Kush from Reserva Privada Seeds.

IMG_15841.JPG

IMG_15864.JPG

Back
Top Bottom