420 Magazine's Nug of the Month: January 2012

Vote for Nug of the Month - January 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Founder
We are now accepting nominations for the Nug of the Month contest.

Please submit a photo of your best nug (there is a separate contest thread for plants.) The nug must be your own, either purchased or grown. Optionally, we'd love to hear about the strain, taste, aroma, potency, effect, weight or any other frosty details that you're willing to share.

The contest will be open for submissions from the 1st through the 15th day of each month. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month.

Winners earn 100 rep points, "Nug of the Month" title, a case of RAW Rolling Papers from HBI International and a 420 Magazine Nug Jar!

Nug-Month_new.jpg

Blue Planet Nutrients contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Sierra Natural Science contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Nug of the Year" contest in January.

Also, submit your best high resolution photos to photos@420magazine.com for publication in 420 Magazine's print editions.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola. This nug may be grown by yourself or purchased at a legal medical Marijuana co-op, collective or dispensary.

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form.

6. Self-nominations only.

7. Competition is open to the first 25 entries.

8. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, may disqualify the entry.

Consolidated Entries for January 2012

AmGrowR2 - Trainwreck

IMG_036217.JPG

IMG_036218.JPG

Ilikebike - Jack Herer

100_08075.JPG

100_08106.JPG

Astonr420 - Afgoo

SAM_2933.JPG

SAM_2934.JPG

Deacnbleu - Kush / Jack Herer Cross

DSC003133.JPG

DSC003164.JPG

Mr. Krip - Lucy

DSCN16572.JPG

DSCN16614.JPG

LJFM - Sour Diesel x Bubblegum

1112.jpeg

Greenie - Bubblegum

DSC_00753.JPG

DSC_00794.JPG

Icemud - Kali Kandi

DSC03857.JPG

DSC03864.JPG

Janja - Red Dragon

IMG_0058-1.jpg

IMG_0060-1.jpg

DJKurisu1 - Grand Daddy Purps

100_25603.jpg

100_2697.jpg

Rudy Baylor - The Purple OG Kush

pogk_nice2.jpeg

pogk_close_up_nug.jpeg

Twelve12 - Firestorm

Untitled-2134.jpg

RedeyedRasta - LA Confidential x Lemon Skunk

photo1021.jpg

photo1012.jpg

Thawk - Agent Orange

DSC004864.JPG

DSC004874.JPG

Happy New Year Everybody!:party:

I would like to enter this Trainwreck I just purchased. This is my first time coming across this strain and I'm glad I did!

IMG_036217.JPG

IMG_036218.JPG

Cost: $50/eighth

Description: Extremely dense and super sticky, it cakes back up after being grinded. The taste is musky. Dark green with slight tinges of purple and completely encrusted in yellow/amber resin. It actually gives the buds a yellowish color. This is the first TRUE "one-hitter quitter" I've come across in a long time.

Thanks for the reminder brother, will get them posted sometime today. :high-five:
Nice nugs so far. So when is Nug of the Year/plant/member of the year????
:Namaste:

Entering my House Blend. A cross of Kush and Jack Herer. Harvested December 3rd. This plant is one of my favorites to grow and smoke. It grows short & fat, the high is somewhat energetic and long lasting, great for pain relief and muscle spasms. The taste is citrus with a hint of skunk.

DSC003133.JPG

DSC003164.JPG

My entry this month is the same plant I have entered in POTM, just finished drying and is now jarred.

She's a Skunk x Mazar cross (affectionately known as "Lucy") grown in a SOG. She's got some great trichs that are more visible in the POTM thread and in my journal, but she was so big & fat, I wanted to capture size on these pics:

DSCN16572.JPG

DSCN16614.JPG

Happy Harvests!

K

Umm....those are some fine looking nugs.....really fine looking. THey look really heavy and tight. :high-five:

Happy New Year Everybody!:party:

I would like to enter this Trainwreck I just purchased. This is my first time coming across this strain and I'm glad I did!

IMG_036217.JPG

IMG_036218.JPG

Cost: $50/eighth

Description: Extremely dense and super sticky, it cakes back up after being grinded. The taste is musky. Dark green with slight tinges of purple and completely encrusted in yellow/amber resin. It actually gives the buds a yellowish color. This is the first TRUE "one-hitter quitter" I've come across in a long time.

What an elegant display... It would be right at home as the centerpiece in a Better Growhouses & Gardens photo spread! Well done Mr. Krip! :bravo:

Umm....those are some fine looking nugs.....really fine looking. THey look really heavy and tight. :high-five:

Seriously! It's like you know it's seriously gonna fu*k you up just by looking at it! I would feel like I need to don personal protective equipment to even handle those nugs!

Nice entry AmGrowR2! :goodjob:

What an elegant display... It would be right at home as the centerpiece in a Better Growhouses & Gardens photo spread! Well done Mr. Krip! :bravo:

Thanks, Bro! I was just demonstrating the proper use of a "bud vase"! :)

Hey mr krip,
That bud looks v.nice and I have to agree with frat our display work is fantastic (magazine quality), but what got me is the size of the bud in proportion to the vase DELICIOUS. :Namaste:

Good work keep it up.

How do I vote people

Hey mr krip,
That bud looks v.nice and I have to agree with frat our display work is fantastic (magazine quality), but what got me is the size of the bud in proportion to the vase DELICIOUS. :Namaste:

Good work keep it up.

How do I vote people

They accept entries up to the 15th of each month, up to a max of 25 entries. After that, sometime on the 15th or 16th the poll will open and appear at the top of the thread, followed by a recap of all the entries. Then you'll have until the last day of the month to vote.

Here is a shot of some I got yesterday. It is Sour Diesel x Bubblegum

1112.jpeg

Cost: $40/ 8th
Smell: A hint of pungent-ness that becomes sweet as it's broken up.
Smoke: Smooth and Mild with hints of citrus. (My current bowl isn't that great for tasting even after it's been cleaned)
High: A great body indica high that comes with fits of laughter if the mood is right
Added Bonus: Found a seed to use for my next grow!

Overall a very enjoyable high.

Here's my nugget. I'll call it "KING DONG" It's 9 inches... and resembles ... well, you can see it... I grew her from seed.

DSC_00753.JPG
DSC_00794.JPG

Bubblegum (sticky, sweet and oh so nice to smoke!)
She actually tastes like bubblegum. Smooth smoking, two hits and you are part of the couch. About an hour later, if you can finally peel yourself off the couch, you might find yourself in the corner with a box of Twinkies and glass of milk :)

I'm going to enter my Kali Kandi test nug...(if thats allowed...please let me know if it isn't and I will remove it) wanna play by the rules...

I pulled her off of my Kali Kandi, (also in the POTM contest), and quick dried her on my wall heater for a few hours, put her into a jar for a few hours to let the moisture wick out, and put her back on the heater for a few more hours... Haven't loaded her up in a bowl yet, but that will be most likely after this post... :)

Kali Kandi is a cross of Chocolope C6 from DNA crossed with OG101 from Whored out Seed Co., crossed by SocalDam Genetics, and she was grown from clone...

--UPDATE-- : Smoke Report
Wow...I am really impressed for her still being clear/cloudy with very little amber, and with a few hour quick dry at that...

The taste upon inhale was very sweet at first..a sort of vanilla/coffee taste with a lot of lung expansion. She was a bit harsh due to the quick dry but smoked rather evenly. The smoke was somewhat harsh to the throat, this I am also sure was due to the quickdry, but very subtle harshness, not too bad :) :) The exhale had a very strong skunky, diesel type kushy aftertone, which sat in my mouth for quite a few minutes after smoking a few hits... I smoked it thru a glass pipe(bowl) style, freshly cleaned so I could taste her in full. The high was not immediate and gradually got stronger and stronger as minutes ticked away...a very very clean behind the eyes uppity high, very clean and not groggy at all, feel happy and awake...but very strong too, where you question how high you actually were...

DSC03857.JPG
DSC03864.JPG

Here is a dry specimen from my potm entry. This is the Red Dragon. It is a 23+% THC level sativa that smells like a combination of guava, papaya, and mango with a bit of spice to it. Grown 100% Vegan the taste is a strong guava/papaya combination with spicy/hazy undertones on the exhale. It is without question my favorite breakfast bud on account of its soaring high that starts from the very first inhalation :tokin: and lasts all morning giving me the energy and relief from my crohns to get stuff done. Peace and Jah Bless everyone and your week. :Namaste:

IMG_0058-1.jpg

and close up..

IMG_0060-1.jpg

Beautiful entries from all by the way :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom